The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redirect Link to register when viewing as a guest

2 posters

Go down

Redirect Link to register when viewing as a guest Empty Redirect Link to register when viewing as a guest

Post by 3rd John 2 February 11th 2008, 7:46 pm

I'm trying to figure out how this forum CLICK HERE redirects you to the registration page.???

I know this much, that the the 3 topics are Categories. When I try to do the same thing and I click on the category the next page that shows is the forum that is in the category. Also, when I make the forum permission for member view only the whole category goes away. If the category stayed then it might work.

Any ideas?
3rd John 2

Language : believer7

Back to top Go down

Redirect Link to register when viewing as a guest Empty Re: Redirect Link to register when viewing as a guest

Post by 3rd John 2 February 11th 2008, 8:04 pm

click on "Membership Requests" it redirects you to the login page.

How do you do that?
3rd John 2

Back to top Go down

Redirect Link to register when viewing as a guest Empty Re: Redirect Link to register when viewing as a guest

Post by Luky February 11th 2008, 9:36 pm

It redirects you to the log in page because the permissions of that forum are made available for members only. You can change that as well if you want to from admin panel=>Forum=>Permissions=>Forum Permissions control click on a topic and make sure only the "View the forum" option is checked for Guest. All the other options must be unchecked for Guest.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Post by 3rd John 2 February 11th 2008, 9:44 pm

That is what I did but then the guests can see the forum in the category without registering.

see my forum http://infernallegions.forumotion.com
It doesn't link to the login page.
3rd John 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky February 11th 2008, 9:46 pm

Like I said above, choose only "View the forum" for Guest, all the other options (Read the topics, Reply a message etc.) must be left unchecked.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by 3rd John 2 February 11th 2008, 9:50 pm

"View and read" is the only thing checked for guests.

and they still get to read the forum post instead of being directed to login.
If I uncheck the "View and read" for guest then nothing will show up for a guest in that category.
3rd John 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky February 11th 2008, 9:51 pm

You need to switch to the Advanced mode to see more options. Click on the Advance mode button at the bottom
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by 3rd John 2 February 11th 2008, 9:53 pm

aaa haa

That's it in advanced mode i see that more boxes were checked. thanks for the help Luky
It works now
3rd John 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky February 11th 2008, 9:55 pm

You're welcome Wink
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down