The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making certain forums passowrd protected

3 posters

Go down

Making certain forums passowrd protected Empty Making certain forums passowrd protected

Post by AFPhotoWife February 12th 2008, 1:01 am

Is there a way to make a certain forum passwords protected. So that like if I only want certain people to see what in it, but the rest of them can see the rest of the forums? Does that make sense? So they would need a certain password it view it?
AFPhotoWife

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Making certain forums passowrd protected Empty Re: Making certain forums passowrd protected

Post by travis_cooper February 12th 2008, 1:03 am

I don't think you can password protect them. But you can make them visible to moderators for instance and then assign people to that group that you want to be able to see them. I'm not sure if you can set the permissions for any groups you create, or if it can only be done with common groups, you will have to play with that.
travis_cooper
travis_cooper
Forumember

Male Posts : 698
Language : English

http://photochallenge.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Making certain forums passowrd protected Empty Re: Making certain forums passowrd protected

Post by Skittles February 12th 2008, 1:39 am

travis is correct, you cannot set passwords. But you can create groups for the particular ones that you want to be able to view that room.

Set your permissions for the room to allow Admins and Moderators (if you desire moderators to view that private forum) and then assign each member you want to allow in, into that group you created.

For more information on how to do this please click here.
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down