The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Account Blocked

+5
Mr.EasyBB
Ape
runawayhorses
Sanket
puppycheese
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Solved Account Blocked

Post by puppycheese April 20th 2013, 8:16 am

First topic message reminder :

I was given a notice when I tried to sign into avacweb that my account was claimed to have suspicious activity so I put in the verification code and it gave me this
Account Blocked - Page 3 Pictur17
puppycheese
puppycheese
Forumember

Language : english

http://www.converseit.net/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Account Blocked

Post by runawayhorses April 23rd 2013, 2:43 pm

Andrea Borman wrote:That's right,a helper does not have moderator rights, if that's what you mean.
From what it said on another thread,helpers are members who have contributed a lot to the forum. I think APE could be right about the IP issue. That would explain why the OP cannot register on any FM forum. Also as I said the members blocked from other FM forums by the anti-spam plugin are not blocked from this forum. Or they would not be able to post. So this forum could be on a different server. But the OPs problem needs to be sorted.
Its pure speculation and guessing just like everyone else.
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537
Language : English

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 23rd 2013, 2:56 pm

Well I think there is a bug in that Online Guardian plugin, as nobody can complete that captcha they get when they are blocked. So I don't understand why Forumotion have not fixed it. As several users on other FM forums have had the same problem. It's been going on for quite some time now.

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- April 23rd 2013, 5:35 pm

I getting a feeling they dont know how to fix and if that the case then need to remove the hole thing till they have fixed it.

I have over 10,000 members now i wonder how many are banned that would of became a useful member of my teams...

S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 23rd 2013, 6:10 pm

S-t-e-v-e- wrote:I getting a feeling they dont know how to fix and if that the case then need to remove the hole thing till they have fixed it.

I have over 10,000 members now i wonder how many are banned that would of became a useful member of my teams...

Well they said the captcha is working but we know it's not as my members could not fill it in. As even though they filled it in correctly the page refreshes to more captcha. Same problem with other members here according to their posts. Your right Steve it's not fair on the admins or members. As it's ruining the forum that you and admins of other Forumotion forums worked so hard to build.

I have actually closed my forum down over this and am taking my forum elsewhere. As I don't want to find that one day it could be me the founder who is blocked.As what would happen then?

Yes they should have at least given us the option to disable the plug in. As on Activeboard forums for example,the admin can disable anti-spam plugins if they want to. Not a good idea, but if it's blocking members,there's no other choice. I don't understand why Forumotion won't fix it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket April 23rd 2013, 7:17 pm

This thread is going nowhere.
Please avoid posting here in this thread, as no one can really provide a solution to the author.

If you want to suggest anything or discuss, please post it here as Jophy already mentioned.
https://help.forumotion.com/t123040p30-account-blocked#817924

Thank you.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape April 23rd 2013, 10:42 pm

When i say us i mean the support forum and one of the staff will leave a note for the pro admin to look at the threads and if the pm boxes are open i and the staff members can pm on your behalf with links to all the problems to be looked at. Helpers are not staff your right but we are here to help with all sorts of problems. and we do our best to help if we can.

I have not once said that i am staff but i do help meany members on here and so do the other helper staff modding powers don't mean we cant help you lol!

Account Blocked - Page 3 Left1212Account Blocked - Page 3 Center11Account Blocked - Page 3 Right112
Account Blocked - Page 3 Ape_b110
Account Blocked - Page 3 Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19146
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses April 24th 2013, 5:14 am

OK Ape its cool.

Sanket that link you posted is this topic above is this topics url, you need to change it to the other one that goes to the suggestion topic.

Ok done here in this topic now. Smile
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket April 25th 2013, 2:00 pm

runawayhorses wrote:OK Ape its cool.

Sanket that link you posted is this topic above is this topics url, you need to change it to the other one that goes to the suggestion topic.

Ok done here in this topic now. Smile

Haha, i know it is the link to the Jophy's post in this thread itself.where he mentions everyone to follow up in the suggestion. I am asking everyone else to follow his directions Wink
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather April 29th 2013, 3:53 pm

puppycheese wrote:I was given a notice when I tried to sign into avacweb that my account was claimed to have suspicious activity so I put in the verification code and it gave me this
Account Blocked - Page 3 Pictur17

hello,

your were blacklisted by our system which explains the problem you have...

I do the necessary. you should not have this problem now. However, I can not guarantee that you will not be blacklisted again because it all depends on what you do on the forums ...
The Godfather
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by puppycheese April 30th 2013, 2:41 am

Thank you so much! I really appreciate everyones help! Smile
puppycheese
puppycheese
Forumember

Language : english

http://www.converseit.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 30th 2013, 3:17 am

So it was an account deactivation or blockage after all. Glad it's solved PuppyCheese!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape April 30th 2013, 3:29 am

It was a server account block that was set up to stop spam but there was a problem that TGF fixed for this account Wink

Glad it's now fixed

Ape

Account Blocked - Page 3 Left1212Account Blocked - Page 3 Center11Account Blocked - Page 3 Right112
Account Blocked - Page 3 Ape_b110
Account Blocked - Page 3 Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19146
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 30th 2013, 5:51 am

puppycheese wrote:Thank you so much! I really appreciate everyones help! Smile
This will be considered solved now.

You can open a new thread when the problem re-occurs. Thanks.

Topic Solved & Locked
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3