The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open external webpage(site) in portal?

2 posters

Go down

Open external webpage(site) in portal? Empty Open external webpage(site) in portal?

Post by xarvox March 1st 2008, 9:00 pm

Hello!

I have just recently launched a forum for our online rpg witch makes it REALLY easy to communicate with the other players.

But in order to improve the forum further, i would VERY much like to be able to load our rpg game (web-based) in one of the portal modules.

Ive found the option to add my own module so i can insert a html code, but how do i make the portal actually load it (and not just show it as a link?

..ive tryed searching, but im drawing blanks.. could anyone please provide some hints or prehaps even a complete solution?

the page i wish to load is www.tribalwars.se
xarvox

Language : swedish

Back to top Go down

Open external webpage(site) in portal? Empty Re: Open external webpage(site) in portal?

Post by Decibel March 1st 2008, 10:34 pm

Ive tried a couple things, but doesnt seem like I can get it to show in portal..best you could do it seems is "create an html page" and add it there using the iframe tags. You can then just place a link in your navigation block and that should get what you want.
Create an html page and place this in there
Code:
<iframe src="http://www.tribalwars.se"</iframe>
then add this to your navigation block
Code:
<a href="your html page link here" target="_blank">Tribal Wars</a>
will do this when clicked
Decibel
Decibel
Forumember

Male Posts : 201
Language : english

http://decibels.forumsmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Open external webpage(site) in portal? Empty Re: Open external webpage(site) in portal?

Post by xarvox March 1st 2008, 10:46 pm

Hmm.. i stumbled uppon the iframe while searching for a solution, but i get the same result as the link you posted, a quick glimpse of a webpage, then instantly loads the tribalwars webpage in _parent so to speak, as if i would have loaded the webpage directly..

i consulted a tech-wiz friend of mine, and he found the problem, a script on the tribalwars page that prevents the page to load in frames.

<script type="text/javascript">
if(top!=self)
top.location=self.location;
</script>

is there any way to work around this issue?
xarvox

Language : swedish

Back to top Go down