The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banning ability for mods?

4 posters

Go down

Banning ability for mods? Empty Banning ability for mods?

Post by Xehc Tue Mar 11 2008, 02:39

Is it possible to give a mod the ability to do bans via the administration panel and if so, what would be the correct procedure?
Xehc

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Banning ability for mods? Empty Re: Banning ability for mods?

Post by zakir321 Tue Mar 11 2008, 03:57

This won't be possible. Only the Administrators can access the Admin Panel. Smile
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Xehc Tue Mar 11 2008, 04:12

Just to make sure, let me rephrase the question.

Is a mod of a forum able to ban regular members and if so, how?

Thanks for your time and your swift response. Smile
Xehc

Back to top Go down

Post by Mishimi2008 Tue Mar 11 2008, 04:15

Yes, Xehc is my mod.... Just an update....

She is not listed under special users as a mod in my forum...... I DO have colorized usernames enabled, she is in my moderators group as well as having her rank status as moderator..... I have the option for mods to ban enabled, but her and one of my other mods cannot do this while my two original mods can..... What's up?

Thank you!
Mishimi2008
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 Tue Mar 11 2008, 04:21

Ok, I thought your question was referring to banning especially via the admin panel. So if you have done all the settings you described, your moderators should see a link "Ban Member" on the left-hand site of the users profile page (by clicking on the username or the profile button nearby the avatar).
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by Mishimi2008 Tue Mar 11 2008, 04:24

Sunny_D wrote:Ok, I thought your question was referring to banning especially via the admin panel. So if you have done all the settings you described, your moderators should see a link "Ban Member" on the left-hand site of the users profile page (by clicking on the username or the profile button nearby the avatar).

Yeah, they don't have that option showing up that's the problem...... She isnt listed as a moderator under special users...... I have done everything required, but for some reason my two newest mods, Xehc, and another seem to only have HALF the abilities a mod should fully have....
Mishimi2008
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 Tue Mar 11 2008, 04:38

Hm... have you actually set moderator-permissions for this group? If yes, go to Groups management and select your moderator group. Switch to the permissions tab and try to just clicking "save" again. Probably this helps already... Smile
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by Mishimi2008 Tue Mar 11 2008, 23:28

Sunny_D wrote:Hm... have you actually set moderator-permissions for this group? If yes, go to Groups management and select your moderator group. Switch to the permissions tab and try to just clicking "save" again. Probably this helps already... Smile

Well that worked! LOL...... Funny how such a simple thing like that worked and i didnt even have to change anything, just click save..... THANKS SUNNY! Smile
Mishimi2008
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by miamiame Sat Mar 22 2008, 02:14

[quote="Sunny_D"]Hm... have you actually set moderator-permissions for this group? If yes, go to Groups management and select your moderator group. Switch toGREAAAAAAAT help to me also! Hello
miamiame

Back to top Go down