The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Chatbox

+66
LadyFaire
Fierce Star
JenniferSPN15
Mukoro
Worst Nightmare
Neno
Mocy
Chellizard
Rhino.Freak
npoc
mangaka
The Awakened
Legendarystory
Raijin_Tsukino
Reiver
Barurot
urbansolstice
brandon_g
zactheking
Derri
Fresh OG
Malum
JScript
bean161
Ange Tuteur
Eden Alexandria
iTzLawliet
TheCrow
Agentized
levy
Notorious_Ven
Ams
Sleepyyawn
Landshark
kenaz
Bones!
Dave778899
davidl
smurfavr
Tonight
Rukiafan
Rookie06
SMOakey7
Emrys
CrystalSoul
ToughTapir
Nicole GFA
SarkZKalie
SLGray
Erika Whynter
Dracorexion
Eugeo Igvalt
LoudFist
RsS.YuGi
Masia
Atlantis
chandoi
Kuriboo
seadevil
Azula
uncanny-illustrator
dcj91x
Van-Helsing
Anzo
_Twisted_Mods_
Shadow
70 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Solved New Chatbox

Post by Shadow February 4th 2015, 4:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

New Chatbox
Dear members

For few months, we had many problems with our current Chatbox. Many of you complained about the chatbox, that is perfectly normal! That's why, our technicians decided to rework all the chatbox!

There is no big design change, just few improvements Wink However, the code is not the same. It should solve all issues we had and you will enjoy chatting with your members chatbox - New Chatbox - Page 4 Whistle

Of course, the chatbox is still is under beta tests. So, we might have some bugs with the chatbox. It would be wonderful you could report those problems so that we can improve the chatbox as much as possible Very good

In addition, we have a new command  /help so that you will know all the chatbox commands Wink You just have to enter /help or click on the following button:
chatbox - New Chatbox - Page 4 Helpco10

Then, a popup will appear with an explanation of the commands. Those commands depend on your status and permissions on the forum:

chatbox - New Chatbox - Page 4 135012

Now you can chat grrr!!!!!

Forumotion

This tutorial was written by Buttercup.
The Godfather wrote:Hello,

We currently have a technical problem of very significant scalability CPU of the servers following an optimization of the chatbox to solve problems you reported on it for awhile. And to be honest, henceforth, the Chatbox uses the same technology as the notifications of the forum rather than sending constant requests.
This theoretically allows to considerably lighten the load and increase performance. We also have the opportunity to add a Help button that displays the commands in the chatbox to those who desire to know each according to their permissions.

We are working hard to find a viable technical solution to this rising burden though our local simulation were good, however, we are talking about millions of forums and only a full-scale test could allow us to make adjustments. :rose:

We are aware of the technical problems and inconveniences this causes. Nevertheless, you can imagine that if we could have done otherwise, we would have. We have a long night of work ahead of us, the pizzas are ordered and the coffeemaker is running at full speed so don't worry. chatbox - New Chatbox - Page 4 1688815589

Certainly some malfunctions persist, but we're on it. Also, know that we are really far from the stage on these kinds of suggestions (why not give us the choice between such and such ... etc.) / Currently, the goal is to get you out a stable and functional chatbox. Wink

In this sense, we need your support and that this topic remains clean without reports that set us on the wrong track.

Wait for the green light for the new patch to be released to give us your feedback. However, at present, there's no need to post to say that you too have the same problem because we already know and that only extends this unique topic for nothing

After stabilization server load will be ok which will solve a lot of problems that you are currently experiencing.

Thank you for your understanding and we apologize for the inconvenience :rose:

Chatbox bugs

Hello dear members

Here the improvement of bugs

Add Remove the new color picker = solved
Add Posts missing = solved
Add Error in function write_msg(). Can not insert message = solved
Add Chatbox empty = solved
Delete Auto-refresh = in progress
Delete Issues with archives = in progress
Delete Buttons are too white so invisible = in progress
Delete The color of the text is not the same as the color forum = in progress
Delete The color of members is black by default, so if the chatbox background is back members aren't visible = in progress
Add After logging out, the drag bar looks same = solved
Delete Sort alphabetically username = in progress
Add Some messages are missing after posting = solved
Delete Color picker not in pop-up but in JS as for the editor
Add Alignment problem of the "help" button under chrome = solved
Add The chatbox doesn't refresh when a user is just kiched = in progress
Delete Even if we are deconnected, we appear like connected= in progress

I will inform you as soon as I get news :rose:

Thanks for your help grrr!!!!!

Perms Note: when you report a new bug, please don't forget to post the url of your forum and a screenshot!! Thanks :rose:

This tutorial was written by Buttercup.

Last edited by Buttercup on September 8th 2015, 10:17 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : added information)
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by Dave778899 February 4th 2015, 10:50 pm

Dave778899 wrote:Hoping you can help me out with a chatbox issue as it occurred during the time of the beta testing so I was wondering if it is related to this or something else.
Site using is: http://ftsl.canadian-forum.com/ and currently when I try to access the chatbox it is not available to us. It was working and then all of a sudden I disappeared and all members are reporting this too. I am also attaching a picture of where the chatbox normally is located. I even deactivated it and moved it to bottom of forum and back to the top again to see if it would return. So hoping for some possible help with this. (arrow indicates where chatbox normally would be located)

chatbox - New Chatbox - Page 4 Ftsl.canadian-forum.com

Not sure why but with further testing... my logo is actually the chat box like its attempting to link something and I am not sure how to fix this as it came at the same time as the new chatbox... Not sure if its unrelated or if its something very different. Some eyes in time would be nice Smile  (multiple computers... and multiple browsers)
Dave778899

Language : English

http://ftsl.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_Ven February 4th 2015, 11:02 pm

I don't know if they started working on things or not but right now I can't even get a simple . to send on my forum chat.
Notorious_Ven

Language : english

http://tradefederation3.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_Ven February 4th 2015, 11:03 pm

sorry double post

Last edited by Notorious_Ven on February 4th 2015, 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sorry double post)
Notorious_Ven

Language : english

http://tradefederation3.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 4th 2015, 11:05 pm

Glad Staff Chat Room still works great grrr!!!!! . TY @Jscript! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Eden Alexandria February 4th 2015, 11:30 pm

My forum: http://www.narutolegacy.com/

Just as well, with my chatbox, the names of those who are logged in do not show up in the chatbox unless you log into it. Also, there are some errors with the chatbox that is somehow overriding my CSS coding for it.

Code:

/*Chatbox*/
#chatButton{
  padding:45px 22px 30px 30px;
  background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/7qDzA3a.png);
font-weight:bold;
font-size:10px;
z-index:999;
color:#fff;
  font-family: fjalla one;
  text-transform: uppercase !important;
}

Above, in this first one, the text-transform isn't working for the links.

Code:

a[href*="/u"]{
  font-size: 14px;
  letter-spacing:1px;
text-transform: uppercase !important;
  text-decoration: none !important;
  font-weight: bold;
  font-family: open sans condensed;
}

And in this second one, the text-transform isn't working either, so none of the members' names are uppercased.

Code:

a[href="/u2124"], a[href="/u2124"] span, a[href="/u2124"] span strong {
  color: rgb(1, 1, 1);
    font-weight: 700;
    text-shadow: 1px 1px 6px rgb(180, 4, 4);
    transition: all 5s ease 0s;
}

a[href="/u1"], a[href="/u1"] span, a[href="/u1"] span strong {
  color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
    text-shadow: 1px 1px 6px rgb(200, 200, 200);
}
a[href="/u5"], a[href="/u5"] span, a[href="/u5"] span strong {
  color: rgb(11, 129, 150);
    text-shadow: 1px 1px 6px rgb(255, 255, 255);
}

a[href="/u2009"], a[href="/u2009"] span, a[href="/u2009"] span strong {
  color: rgb(161, 21, 21);
    text-shadow: 1px 1px 6px rgb(255, 105, 180);
}

a[href="/u45"], a[href="/u45"] span, a[href="/u45"] span strong {
  color: rgb(26, 94, 36);
    text-shadow: 1px 1px 6px rgb(139, 69, 19);
}

a[href="/u31"], a[href="/u31"] span, a[href="/u31"] span strong {
  color: rgb(11, 129, 150);
    text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px rgb(255, 215, 0);
}

a[href="/u2241"], a[href="/u2241"] span, a[href="/u2241"] span strong {
  color: rgb(161, 21, 21);
    text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px rgb(160, 32, 240);
}

a[href="/u2247"], a[href="/u2247"] span, a[href="/u2247"] span strong {
  color: rgb(255, 132, 25);
    text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px rgb(84, 108, 128);
}

a[href="/u3"], a[href="/u3"] span, a[href="/u3"] span strong {
  color: rgb(65, 105, 225);
    text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px rgb(84, 108, 128);
}

Lastly, these are for text shadow for my staff team, and they are currently not working either. And as was said by @Notorious_Ven, the messages sent either lag for a very long period of time, or they don't send at all. I use Google Chrome personally. I'm not sure what issues the other browsers have yet. These are all my current bugs for the chatbox on my forum. Hopefully you all get this fixed fairly soon!

Arigatou-gozaimasu! (Thank you!)
Eden Alexandria
Eden Alexandria
Forumember

Female Posts : 36

http://www.narutolegacy.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Eden Alexandria February 4th 2015, 11:32 pm

Edit: For the second code, only in the chatbox is the text-transform not working on the members' names.
Eden Alexandria
Eden Alexandria
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur February 4th 2015, 11:35 pm

The Godfather wrote:Hello,

We currently have a technical problem of very significant scalability CPU of the servers following an optimization of the chatbox to solve problems you reported on it for awhile. And to be honest, henceforth, the Chabox uses the same technology as the notifications of the forum rather than sending constant requests.
This theoretically allows to considerably lighten the load and increase performance. We also have the opportunity to add a Help button that displays the commands in the chatbox to those who desire to know each according to their permissions.

We are working hard to find a viable technical solution to this rising burden for our local simulation were good, however, we are talking about millions of forums and only a full-scale test could allow us to make adjustments. :rose:

We are aware of the technical problems and inconveniences this causes. Nevertheless, you can imagine that if we could have done otherwise, we would have. We have a long night of work ahead of us, the pizzas are ordered and the coffeemaker is running at full speed so don't worry. chatbox - New Chatbox - Page 4 1688815589

Certainly some malfunctions persist, but we're on it. Also, know that we are really far from the stage on these kinds of suggestions (why not give us the choice between such and such ... etc.) / Currently, the goal is to get you out a stable and functional chatbox. Wink

In this sense, we need your support and that this topic remains clean without reports that set us on the wrong track.

Wait for the green light for the new patch to be released to give us your feedback. However, at present, there's no need to post to say that you too have the same problem because we already know and that only extends this unique topic for nothing

After stabilization server load will be ok which will solve a lot of problems that you are currently experiencing.

Thank you for your understanding and we apologize for the inconvenience :rose:

For those that this really bothers, I recommend that you temporarily disable the Chatbox on your forum and wait until it returns to normal. This will save you the negative feedback from your users.
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13246
Language : English & 日本語

https://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eden Alexandria February 4th 2015, 11:40 pm

Will do! Thank you, Ange.
Eden Alexandria
Eden Alexandria
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Eugeo Igvalt February 4th 2015, 11:44 pm

thank for showing this, Ange.
Eugeo Igvalt
Eugeo Igvalt
Forumember

Male Posts : 289
Language : EN, SPA

http://www.NewbForums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Van-Helsing February 4th 2015, 11:47 pm

Thank you very much Ange for this information I will disable it temporary.
Van-Helsing
Van-Helsing
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2431
Language : English, Greek

http://itexperts.forumgreek.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bean161 February 4th 2015, 11:53 pm

The chatbox is more glitchy than our old one, which only became glitchy with slow internet or a lot of users - this one has a reaction time of around a minute, and has no proper way to refresh. I cannot stimulate conversation between 3 people at any given time. Is there any way to make this faster or possibly just work better in general??
bean161

Back to top Go down

Post by JScript February 4th 2015, 11:55 pm

Code removed!

So long,

JS

Last edited by JScript on February 5th 2015, 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
JScript
JScript
Forumember

Male Posts : 741
Language : PT-BR, EN

http://jscript.forumeiros.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Eugeo Igvalt February 4th 2015, 11:59 pm

OW LAWD @Jscript: http://prntscr.com/615w4v

And no I don't have JS codes for the chatbox just this one you are providing

Last edited by Eugeo Ayano on February 5th 2015, 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : JScript updated the code)
Eugeo Igvalt
Eugeo Igvalt
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 5th 2015, 12:01 am

Please guys... "In this sense, we need your support and that this topic remains clean without reports that set us on the wrong track." ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Malum February 5th 2015, 12:03 am

I'm having some problems with the new chatbox. Whenever I send some of my messages it doesn't send, or it sends it after 5 minutes. Even if I refresh the ones that I sent aren't there. What can I do to solve this because it's really annoying and annoying the members on my forum.
Malum
Malum
Forumember

Female Posts : 174

https://fandomtopia.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fresh OG February 5th 2015, 12:08 am

Yo forumotion staff members or whatever you [Language] [Language] are, i demand you revert back to the old goddamn chatbox this instant, you [Language] [Language] staff needs to stop [Language] around with stuff, you guys cause alot of problems for everyone with your new stupid chatbox, you guys are lames and no good, and i hope you guys shut down already
Fresh OG

Back to top Go down

Post by Fresh OG February 5th 2015, 12:12 am

Im pissed of at you forumotion and everyone is you stupid lil dumbass people , you guys need to fix this new chatbox or revert to the old chatbox which had no damn problem before except with the lagg and this has made 10k times more worse, are you guys sooo damn dumb that you guys cant comprehend?
Fresh OG

Back to top Go down

Post by Eugeo Igvalt February 5th 2015, 12:13 am

Fresh OG wrote:Yo forumotion staff members or whatever you [Language] [Language] are, i demand you revert back to the old goddamn chatbox this instant, you [Language] [Language] staff needs to stop [Language] around with stuff, you guys cause alot of problems for everyone with your new stupid chatbox, you guys are lames and no good, and i hope you guys shut down already
ummm I think he doesn't like the new Chatbox
Eugeo Igvalt
Eugeo Igvalt
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 5th 2015, 12:17 am

Fresh OG wrote:Yo forumotion staff members or whatever you [Language] [Language] are, i demand you revert back to the old goddamn chatbox this instant, you [Language] [Language] staff needs to stop [Language] around with stuff, you guys cause alot of problems for everyone with your new stupid chatbox, you guys are lames and no good, and i hope you guys shut down already

Fresh OG wrote:Im pissed of at you forumotion and everyone is you stupid lil dumbass people , you guys need to fix this new chatbox or revert to the old chatbox which had no damn problem before except with the lagg and this has made 10k times more worse, are you guys sooo damn dumb that you guys cant comprehend?

Please mind your language around here and give them time to solve it. I'd rather see them push on with the change than having another nightmare rolling it all back again. They're working on it at the moment, so please be patient. After that, LG can finalize on his new AWC release as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fresh OG February 5th 2015, 12:24 am

hmm how much time, tell them to get on the move right now, they should have have everything solved before pushing it out is that simple. if they were'nt that stupid to begin with then i wouldnt have to make it a complaint, they need to revert it back to the old one till they have the bug fixed and what not, i dont have to watch nothing
Fresh OG

Back to top Go down

Post by Eugeo Igvalt February 5th 2015, 12:25 am

The code @Jscript has provided works, https://help.forumotion.com/t138772-previous-version-of-the-chat-box
Eugeo Igvalt
Eugeo Igvalt
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur February 5th 2015, 12:28 am

@Fresh OG Mind your language. Wink

For additional information, I'd read the quote from our administrator, which can be located in the first post. I can assure you they have not forgotten and are working on correcting the issues. It may be annoying, but it will only be temporary and does not affect the basic functionality of your forum.. Wink
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13246
Language : English & 日本語

https://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri February 5th 2015, 12:29 am

Fresh OG wrote:Im pissed of at you forumotion and everyone is you stupid lil dumbass people , you guys need to fix this new chatbox or revert to the old chatbox which had no damn problem before except with the lagg and this has made 10k times more worse, are you guys sooo damn dumb that you guys cant comprehend?

Fresh OG wrote:hmm how much time, tell them to get on the move right now, they should have have everything solved before pushing it out is that simple. if they were'nt that stupid to begin with then i wouldnt have to make it a complaint, they need to revert it back to the old one till they have the bug fixed and what not, i dont have to watch nothing

I understand you're angry with the chatbox but there is no excuse for using explicit language. If you're seen doing this again then I'll be forced to issue you a serious warning as we have a zero tolerance policy on explict language on this forum. 

I am asking you nicely to provide constructive feedback otherwise posting for the sake of complaining only bogs down this thread which it would be nice to clear for actual bug reports. 

Thanks
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by Fresh OG February 5th 2015, 12:33 am

SamanthaS wrote:

Please mind your language around here and give them time to solve it. I'd rather see them push on with the change than having another nightmare rolling it all back again. They're working on it at the moment, so please be patient. After that, LG can finalize on his new AWC release as well.
Sooo Samatha you have a serious warning on your behalf but im golden so whatever floats your boat sweetheart
Fresh OG

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri February 5th 2015, 12:38 am

Fresh OG wrote:
SamanthaS wrote:

Sooo Samatha you have a serious warning on your behalf but im golden so whatever floats your boat sweetheart

Well...for what is worth you can have one as well Very Happy 

Inciting a flame war is going to help.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 5th 2015, 12:40 am

Fresh OG wrote:
SamanthaS wrote:

Are you threatening me? I've seen this one 2 days before by another member on here. It's called: disrespect and intimidation. I'm not your sweetheart, I'm not impressed and spell my name right next time.

Last edited by SamanthaS on February 6th 2015, 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Fresh OG February 5th 2015, 12:41 am

Derri wrote:

Fresh OG wrote:hmm how much time, tell them to get on the move right now, they should have have everything solved before pushing it out is that simple. if they were'nt that stupid to begin with then i wouldnt have to make it a complaint, they need to revert it back to the old one till they have the bug fixed and what not, i dont have to watch nothing

I understand you're angry with the chatbox but there is no excuse for using explicit language. If you're seen doing this again then I'll be forced to issue you a serious warning as we have a zero tolerance policy on explict language on this forum. 

I am asking you nicely to provide constructive feedback otherwise posting for the sake of complaining only bogs down this thread which it would be nice to clear for actual bug reports. 

Thanks
Ok Mr or mrs or whatever gender you are i wont use the language if you guys does something like this again without fixing things before you roll out new things, you see products coming out and showing for preview and then before they sell their products. they take months to make sure things work before they go on sale and if the product doesnt work, they send a patch that they are fixing
Fresh OG

Back to top Go down

Post by Eugeo Igvalt February 5th 2015, 12:42 am

These people are doing this off their free time. A bit of respect doesn't hurt.
Eugeo Igvalt
Eugeo Igvalt
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri February 5th 2015, 12:42 am

SamanthaS wrote:
Fresh OG wrote:
SamanthaS wrote:

Are you threatening me? I've seen this one 2 days before by another member on here. It's called: disrespect and intimidation. I'm not your sweatheart, I'm not impressed and spell my name right next time.

Samantha can you please not rise to him, I want to try and keep this thread clear for constrictive feedback. If you do see anyone using threatening language then please do report it. As you can see I've issued the above person a serious warning and if he continues I'll ban him.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Fresh OG February 5th 2015, 12:44 am

what time frame are we going to have this chatbox fixed and i need to know please, this has been very dissappointing
Fresh OG

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next