The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Chatbox

+66
LadyFaire
Fierce Star
JenniferSPN15
Mukoro
Worst Nightmare
Neno
Mocy
Chellizard
Rhino.Freak
npoc
mangaka
The Awakened
Legendarystory
Raijin_Tsukino
Reiver
Barurot
urbansolstice
brandon_g
zactheking
Derri
Fresh OG
Malum
JScript
bean161
Ange Tuteur
Eden Alexandria
iTzLawliet
TheCrow
Agentized
levy
Notorious_Ven
Ams
Sleepyyawn
Landshark
kenaz
Bones!
Dave778899
davidl
smurfavr
Tonight
Rukiafan
Rookie06
SMOakey7
Emrys
CrystalSoul
ToughTapir
Nicole GFA
SarkZKalie
SLGray
Erika Whynter
Dracorexion
Eugeo Igvalt
LoudFist
RsS.YuGi
Masia
Atlantis
chandoi
Kuriboo
seadevil
Azula
uncanny-illustrator
dcj91x
Van-Helsing
Anzo
_Twisted_Mods_
Shadow
70 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Solved New Chatbox

Post by Shadow February 4th 2015, 4:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

New Chatbox
Dear members

For few months, we had many problems with our current Chatbox. Many of you complained about the chatbox, that is perfectly normal! That's why, our technicians decided to rework all the chatbox!

There is no big design change, just few improvements Wink However, the code is not the same. It should solve all issues we had and you will enjoy chatting with your members chatbox - New Chatbox - Page 7 Whistle

Of course, the chatbox is still is under beta tests. So, we might have some bugs with the chatbox. It would be wonderful you could report those problems so that we can improve the chatbox as much as possible Very good

In addition, we have a new command  /help so that you will know all the chatbox commands Wink You just have to enter /help or click on the following button:
chatbox - New Chatbox - Page 7 Helpco10

Then, a popup will appear with an explanation of the commands. Those commands depend on your status and permissions on the forum:

chatbox - New Chatbox - Page 7 135012

Now you can chat grrr!!!!!

Forumotion

This tutorial was written by Buttercup.
The Godfather wrote:Hello,

We currently have a technical problem of very significant scalability CPU of the servers following an optimization of the chatbox to solve problems you reported on it for awhile. And to be honest, henceforth, the Chatbox uses the same technology as the notifications of the forum rather than sending constant requests.
This theoretically allows to considerably lighten the load and increase performance. We also have the opportunity to add a Help button that displays the commands in the chatbox to those who desire to know each according to their permissions.

We are working hard to find a viable technical solution to this rising burden though our local simulation were good, however, we are talking about millions of forums and only a full-scale test could allow us to make adjustments. :rose:

We are aware of the technical problems and inconveniences this causes. Nevertheless, you can imagine that if we could have done otherwise, we would have. We have a long night of work ahead of us, the pizzas are ordered and the coffeemaker is running at full speed so don't worry. chatbox - New Chatbox - Page 7 1688815589

Certainly some malfunctions persist, but we're on it. Also, know that we are really far from the stage on these kinds of suggestions (why not give us the choice between such and such ... etc.) / Currently, the goal is to get you out a stable and functional chatbox. Wink

In this sense, we need your support and that this topic remains clean without reports that set us on the wrong track.

Wait for the green light for the new patch to be released to give us your feedback. However, at present, there's no need to post to say that you too have the same problem because we already know and that only extends this unique topic for nothing

After stabilization server load will be ok which will solve a lot of problems that you are currently experiencing.

Thank you for your understanding and we apologize for the inconvenience :rose:

Chatbox bugs

Hello dear members

Here the improvement of bugs

Add Remove the new color picker = solved
Add Posts missing = solved
Add Error in function write_msg(). Can not insert message = solved
Add Chatbox empty = solved
Delete Auto-refresh = in progress
Delete Issues with archives = in progress
Delete Buttons are too white so invisible = in progress
Delete The color of the text is not the same as the color forum = in progress
Delete The color of members is black by default, so if the chatbox background is back members aren't visible = in progress
Add After logging out, the drag bar looks same = solved
Delete Sort alphabetically username = in progress
Add Some messages are missing after posting = solved
Delete Color picker not in pop-up but in JS as for the editor
Add Alignment problem of the "help" button under chrome = solved
Add The chatbox doesn't refresh when a user is just kiched = in progress
Delete Even if we are deconnected, we appear like connected= in progress

I will inform you as soon as I get news :rose:

Thanks for your help grrr!!!!!

Perms Note: when you report a new bug, please don't forget to post the url of your forum and a screenshot!! Thanks :rose:

This tutorial was written by Buttercup.

Last edited by Buttercup on September 8th 2015, 10:17 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : added information)
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by TheCrow February 5th 2015, 8:15 am

Ηello all,

We are waiting news from our Pro Admin about the issues technicians are working on for the new chatbox. As soon as she has news she will inform us.
Thank you for your patience! Smile

Luffy

chatbox - New Chatbox - Page 7 Thecro10
Forum of the Forums

Forumotion Rules | Tips & Tricks |
FAQ | Did you forget your password?

*** The Support Forum will never ask you for your email or password, so please do not post them anywhere! ***
No support via PM!
TheCrow
TheCrow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 6921
Language : Greek, English

https://forumote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by smurfavr February 5th 2015, 9:42 am

smurfavr wrote:It's nice to have an option the user can alteration what is written and can be deleted only separate opinion in the chat.
smurfavr
smurfavr
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1883
Language : Bulgarian

http://smurfa.bulgarianforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow February 5th 2015, 9:46 am

Hello dear members

Thanks for reporting your problems and your patience Zen We take into account all following issues:

Add Slowdowns
Add Messages than desappear
Add Usernames missing
Add Impossible to display archives
Add Error message into the chatbox: Error in function write_msg(). Can not insert message

We currently continue to work on the chatbox. grrr!!!!! We will inform you as soon as possible :rose:

Thanks for your patience Zen
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Reiver February 5th 2015, 11:32 am

Thanks for keeping us up todate so to speak. hopefully it gets fixed soonish lol.
Reiver

Language : English

http://narutobeginnings.forumsmotions.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Van-Helsing February 5th 2015, 11:43 am

Hello @Buttercup,
Except the problems which you wrote the chatbox buttons are not appearing correctly:

chatbox - New Chatbox - Page 7 FG45bKo

some buttons havent content, the button send haven't the correct height and the button help it looks too small in relationship with other buttons.

Best Regards,
Black-Shadow

Last edited by Black-Shadow on February 5th 2015, 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Van-Helsing
Van-Helsing
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2431
Language : English, Greek

http://itexperts.forumgreek.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak February 5th 2015, 11:44 am

Wow some people really take ForuMotion for granted. Have some respect people, you are using free services bwi

Anyway, great to see that the chatbox is being updated! Hopefully it'll allow lots of new features that can be added and overall works faster than the normal chat.
Keep it up! <3
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1248

http://freetest.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow February 5th 2015, 11:45 am

Hello

@Black-shadow

Don't worry I reported all your bugs with your forum link to the technicians. They are currently working on it. I advise to explain to your users that the chatbox is still in progress today.

I am really sorry for the incovenience... We are doing our best to solve all problem quickly!

Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Van-Helsing February 5th 2015, 12:01 pm

@Buttercup,
Any new software have bugs, as a computer programmer I understand and respect absolutely that. I am sure that the technicians doing the best to debug the chatbox codes. Everyone must wait patiently the technicians answer. I have disable the chatbox temporary on my forum and I will explain to the members about the technical problem.

We hope to solve it asap.

Van-Helsing
Van-Helsing
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow February 5th 2015, 12:17 pm

Thanks @Black-shadow for your understanding :rose:
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by CrystalSoul February 5th 2015, 12:35 pm

Was the CSS removed by accident or was it intentionally? Because I need them to work for a rank that I am using and to everyone else complaining about it, if you use a proper code and colors that blend well together then it shouldn't really hurt the eyes. @Buttercup
CrystalSoul
Forumember

Male Posts : 149

http://yugiohduelacademy.makeforum.co.uk/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Ams February 5th 2015, 1:42 pm

@Buttercup
Do you know is there any chance to change chatbox character limit? It would be great if my users could write longer messages. They have always hope that. And get "automatic update" button back! Smile
Ams
Forumember

Language : Finnish, english

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracorexion February 5th 2015, 3:34 pm

@Buttercup
The chatbox is working leagues better this morning than it was last night. A lot of members on the forum I get on were freaking out me included... Hopefully the new chatbox will continue to improve. There are still a couple of people reporting problems with the chatbox keeping auto refresh off when people switch out of the archives, but other than that everything seems to be going swimmingly.

@Ams
The Archives is essentially both the auto refresh button and the archives button now. Turning Archives on turns auto refresh off and turning Archives off turns on auto refresh. Though as I said just above, it appears a couple of people are still having a little problem with it.
Dracorexion

http://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave778899 February 5th 2015, 3:47 pm

To the tech team and all... thanks for your hard work... my issue appears to be resolved Very Happy
Dave778899

http://ftsl.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow February 5th 2015, 3:51 pm

Hello dear members

Heres some news from our technicians:

Add Slowdowns = solved
Add Deconnections of the chatbox = solved
Add Messages missing = solved
Add Error in function write_msg(). Can not insert message = solved
Delete First letters missing = in progress
Delete Archives don't appear = in progress
Delete Automatic update = in progress

Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Ams February 5th 2015, 4:45 pm

@Dracorexion
Thank you. Smile

And little delete button would be great so you don't have to clear whole chatbox if one user is breaking rules or something. Wink
Ams
Forumember

Language : Finnish, english

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow February 5th 2015, 4:52 pm

As I explain on the announcement we had a button with all commands. The commad /clean allows you to remove all the chatbox content Wink
chatbox - New Chatbox - Page 7 05-02-13
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave778899 February 5th 2015, 5:18 pm

Thought I'd report this glitch in... if getting timed out from chat what used to happen is you'd get logged out and then need to log back in. Now all of a sudden its keeping you logged in forcing a log-out and in.. to be able to get back into the chat. Not sure if it was designed this way but thought I'd report it.
Dave778899

http://ftsl.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Reiver February 5th 2015, 5:24 pm

I would also like to note, that i have found another possible bug. 

So i had shut the chatbox off roughly a hour and a half ago. I am the only administrator on right now thus the only one with access to the admin panel but the chat randomly turned back on. 

And just to be clear, yes i did go to the admin panel, then clicked module, then scrolled down and clicked the configuration for the chatbox, clicked no to turn off the chat, then clicked validate, checked on the chat it was shut off, havent touched the admin panel, no other administrators have come on yet, refreshed the page, chat was randomly there and usable.
Reiver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reiver February 5th 2015, 5:26 pm

Buttercup wrote:As I explain on the announcement we had a button with all commands. The commad /clean allows you to remove all the chatbox content Wink

To be honest i think they understand that /clear, /clean, /cls clears the whole chat, but i think they were asking if the techies could possibly add in a means to remove specific messages rather than clearing the whole chat.
Reiver

Back to top Go down

Post by Eugeo Igvalt February 5th 2015, 5:28 pm

Reiver wrote:
Buttercup wrote:As I explain on the announcement we had a button with all commands. The commad /clean allows you to remove all the chatbox content Wink

To be honest i think they understand that /clear, /clean, /cls clears the whole chat, but i think they were asking if the techies could possibly add in a means to remove specific messages rather than clearing the whole chat.

Yeas, I would like to see this feature too.  Sometimes when you type in the chat and make a typo you can't edit it or delete it. And I personally would love to edit/delete my messages in the chat.
Eugeo Igvalt
Eugeo Igvalt
Forumember

Male Posts : 289
Language : EN, SPA

http://www.NewbForums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Van-Helsing February 5th 2015, 5:33 pm

Hello dear all,
The messages are not displayed in chatbox and the buttons are not appearing correctly

chatbox - New Chatbox - Page 7 3c8glAT
Van-Helsing
Van-Helsing
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by smurfavr February 5th 2015, 5:34 pm

By pressing a button Archives all buttons below the chat disappear.Another problem is the Send button is not visible well, very pale.

http://smurfa.bulgarianforum.net/portal
smurfavr
smurfavr
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1883
Language : Bulgarian

http://smurfa.bulgarianforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reiver February 5th 2015, 5:42 pm

Eugeo Ayano wrote:
Reiver wrote:

Yeas, I would like to see this feature too.  Sometimes when you type in the chat and make a typo you can't edit it or delete it. And I personally would love to edit/delete my messages in the chat.

I donno, im neither here nor there on the needed to edit my chat comments lol i have no issue with retyping the word i meant to say and what not, however i do agree the ability to delete only certain comments would go a long way. I mean for example if a forum has a strict no swearing policy (due to being a child friendly forum) and someone accidentally says a swear then the ability to delete just that comment would make i so no one loses the rest of the chat itself.
Reiver

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard February 5th 2015, 6:57 pm

smurfavr wrote:By pressing a button Archives all buttons below the chat disappear.Another problem is the Send button is not visible well, very pale.

My understanding to this is that archives freezes the chatbox so that whomever is looking at it can scroll through it freely without new messages hindering their browsing.

It's like when there was the ability to turn off auto scroll in the chatbox. NOW it does it automatically when clicking archives.

I find it way better than the old one.

I also like the idea of adding in perhaps the option to delete individual messages, and then perhaps add in a sound notification. Just a little standard 'bloop' noise to signify when messages are sent.
Chellizard
Chellizard
Forumember

Female Posts : 154

http://superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl February 5th 2015, 8:01 pm

Well, ive a few things missing, ie colour, Auto-refresh.......but the chats working fine now and seems a lot faster, so I`m happy........ cheers
davidl
davidl
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Eugeo Igvalt February 5th 2015, 8:10 pm

Chellizard wrote:
smurfavr wrote:By pressing a button Archives all buttons below the chat disappear.Another problem is the Send button is not visible well, very pale.

My understanding to this is that archives freezes the chatbox so that whomever is looking at it can scroll through it freely without new messages hindering their browsing.

It's like when there was the ability to turn off auto scroll in the chatbox. NOW it does it automatically when clicking archives.

I find it way better than the old one.

I also like the idea of adding in perhaps the option to delete individual messages, and then perhaps add in a sound notification. Just a little standard 'bloop' noise to signify when messages are sent.
For now the main concern of the Technicians is to have the chatbox working 100% The Colors/Glows, Not timing out and Sound notifications are things that can be suggested later on for the chat. I personally would like this things to be included by default and not having to custom make them.
Eugeo Igvalt
Eugeo Igvalt
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 5th 2015, 8:24 pm

@Buttercup : Thanks for the latest and I hope them tech staff won't be getting a bellyache eating all those pizzas and drinking too much coffee! Wink You should be giving in to their declarations only when they order salads next time! Smile

I've given notice to my members it may take some days to finalize upon this. I really hope FM won't be rolling back the change at this stage and push on forward for the better (that includes the AWC members). We're all waiting patiently and anxiously to get it all done the right way.

Best of luck to you all and thanks and respect to all of you big time! That is: to FM pro(-admins), the volunteer staff members, other staff members involved and members who do understand and appreciate this change as well as I do.

Samantha.

Back to top Go down

Post by ToughTapir February 5th 2015, 8:36 pm

Buttercup wrote:Hello dear members

Thanks for reporting your problems and your patience Zen We take into account all following issues:

Add Slowdowns
Add Usernames missing
Add Error message into the chatbox: Error in function write_msg(). Can not insert message

We currently continue to work on the chatbox. grrr!!!!! We will inform you as soon as possible :rose:

I'm not sure if you already reported it but I'm mentioning it just in case:
In our chatbox the default letter color is white, so now when you write messages you don't see anything in the message-writing-box because it's background is white.
chatbox - New Chatbox - Page 7 1f540c8d8627008b7cc580e31e837d7f
This is actually more annoying than it seems.
~TT
ToughTapir
ToughTapir

Male Posts : 8
Language : First language Dutch, second language English. Basics of German & French.

http://iridium.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Eugeo Igvalt February 5th 2015, 8:40 pm

ToughTapir wrote:
Buttercup wrote:Hello dear members

Add Slowdowns
Add Usernames missing

I'm not sure if you already reported it but I'm mentioning it just in case:
In our chatbox the default letter color is white, so now when you write messages you don't see anything in the message-writing-box because it's background is white.
chatbox - New Chatbox - Page 7 1f540c8d8627008b7cc580e31e837d7f
This is actually more annoying than it seems.
~TT

I once had that issue. Try adding this to your CSS, it should help display the cursor that blinks |  in black and the you will see what you are typing 

Code:
#message-box textarea {
color: #000;
}
Eugeo Igvalt
Eugeo Igvalt
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ToughTapir February 5th 2015, 8:47 pm

^Thanks, but that didn't work
ToughTapir
ToughTapir

Male Posts : 8
Language : First language Dutch, second language English. Basics of German & French.

http://iridium.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next