The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to set up passwords.

2 posters

Go down

How to set up passwords. Empty How to set up passwords.

Post by amoon March 15th 2008, 12:30 am

I am a real newbie here - but I am having a great time so far.

the only thing is - this place could do with a more detailed step-by-step guide. It is really difficult finding infotmation using the FAQ or the search forum.

For example - this is the problem I have -
I have set up my my catagories and the fourum threads neatly. What I want to do now is have is so that the first forum can be seen by everyone (easy enough!), then I want the second group of forums to only be seen by people with a password. The third group is a list of projects - so I want a separate password for each forum. the idea being - I email the passwords out to members.
How do I do this - I am sure that this has been posted before, but I could not find it.
so a gentle shove to previous entry?

cheers
Chris
AlchemyMoon
amoon

Language : uk

Back to top Go down

How to set up passwords. Empty Re: How to set up passwords.

Post by Luky March 15th 2008, 1:03 am

Well you can't add passwords for forums but you can make groups and allow those groups access to various forums of your choice.Then the members you add in that group will be able to see that forum. Go to admin panel=>Users & Groups=>Groups=>Group Administration . Now click the "Create new group" button. Add a name for it and a description, enter your name as the group moderator and choose a color for that group. If you want your other members to see the members of those group(they will be highlighted with the color of your choice) check the Yes box for the "Color Group Members ?:" option. At "Group status:" choose Closed if you want you members to see the members of that group(highlighted with the color you chose) or choose Hidden if you want to keep the group hidden. Now click the save button.Now go to admin panel=>Forums=>Permissions=>Forum permissions control and click the forum you want only the members of that group to be able to see. Uncheck the "View the forum" and "read the Reply" options for Members and make sure they are checked for the group you just created.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Post by amoon March 16th 2008, 3:17 pm

thanks
amoon

Language : uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky March 16th 2008, 4:25 pm

You're welcome
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down