The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I banned and deleted a member,But I still need help

4 posters

Go down

I banned and deleted a member,But I still need help Empty I banned and deleted a member,But I still need help

Post by GHFan April 6th 2008, 5:37 pm

I banned a member,then she wanted to be removed from my forum,so I deleted her.But,she is still getting newsletters from my forum that I send out.She is being a pain in my butt,and threatening me,that she is going to shut down my forum.So,how do I stop the newsletters to her?
GHFan

Language : english

Back to top Go down

I banned and deleted a member,But I still need help Empty Re: I banned and deleted a member,But I still need help

Post by Simple Plan April 6th 2008, 5:50 pm

Well, who are you sending the mail to at the time?
If your sending the newsletter to all users then she will probably still get it because she is an 'Inactive User' now (or so I think).

Have you tried telling her to get a life, and just send the newsletter straight to her spambox?
----------
Also I doubt she can actually get your forum closed down
----------
- Simple Plan
Simple Plan
Simple Plan
Forumember

Male Posts : 131
Language : English

Back to top Go down

I banned and deleted a member,But I still need help Empty Re: I banned and deleted a member,But I still need help

Post by brandonmccoy April 6th 2008, 5:52 pm

ya dude true but how do i you send news letters out
brandonmccoy
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by GHFan April 6th 2008, 5:55 pm

Simple Plan wrote:Well, who are you sending the mail to at the time?
If your sending the newsletter to all users then she will probably still get it because she is an 'Inactive User' now (or so I think).

Have you tried telling her to get a life, and just send the newsletter straight to her spambox?
----------
Also I doubt she can actually get your forum closed down
----------
- Simple Plan

Thanks,and yes I have told her to get a life Very Happy
GHFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple Plan April 6th 2008, 6:07 pm

Has that sorted it, or are you still needing help?
Simple Plan
Simple Plan
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by GHFan April 6th 2008, 6:11 pm

well,now she says that.......she is going to get an investigation going on my forum and blah,blah,blah.I just can't get rid of this person
GHFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple Plan April 6th 2008, 6:32 pm

Hmm... can you do IP banning on these forums? (I've don't know because i have never tried but...)

I will look into this for you Smile

CAN WE ALSO HAVE A LINK FOR YOUR SITE?

- Simple Plan

Right, if you can get hold of her IP address then you could ban her IP?

Admin CP -> Users & Groups -> Ban IP

Then she will not be allowed to view your forums! And then it doesn't matter if she gets newsletters because she cannot take action.

- Simple Plan
Simple Plan
Simple Plan
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Raph95 April 6th 2008, 7:47 pm

Hello GHFan,

I see, you have problem with member. Well, are you sure that you have deleted her? Try finding her name in the Member list. If she is still there, than you still haven't deleted her. Click on her name, than go to Profile, and find option Delete this member. Check it,a dn click Save.

Have a nice day,
~Raph95
Raph95
Raph95
Forumember

Male Posts : 798
Language : English, Serban, Croatian, Bosinan :)

http://TMNT-Forum.com

Back to top Go down