The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banned/deleted user filing abuses...

+2
Darren1
wondercat
6 posters

Go down

Banned/deleted user filing abuses... Empty Banned/deleted user filing abuses...

Post by wondercat Tue Sep 08 2009, 10:11

Hi,
I run a forumnotion forum and recently had to ban and delete a user do to constant harassment of other board members, seems said user is now filing unfounded abuses, up to 7 in count now...

Whats the situation here? I mean i have no idea how the system works or what happens when abuses are filed.
wondercat

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Banned/deleted user filing abuses... Empty Re: Banned/deleted user filing abuses...

Post by Darren1 Tue Sep 08 2009, 10:34

Hello,

if the allegation's that he is making are false then ignore them.
If their true, follow them up by talking and confirming with your members, and if they can't confirm it, it's false allegation's and ignore it.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Banned/deleted user filing abuses... Empty Re: Banned/deleted user filing abuses...

Post by wondercat Tue Sep 08 2009, 11:17

Thanks for your fast reply darren,

I don't see any issues or violations with the TOS anywhere.

This user got very bitter, has been abusing members by post and pm, some of which are still present if needed for evidence.So if there's anything there that would be in violation of the TOS, it would be something that this user posted himself, how ironic?

He has been harassing board member by 3rd party means as well, email and phone. Obviously that's nothing to do with forumnation, however during this harassment he has made the claim that he has file litigation or whatever it is as well against the forum, whats the situation there?
wondercat

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk Wed Sep 09 2009, 04:22

As long as you are keeping up with your forum and there are no violations of tos you have nothing to worry about.Formation litigation's team get bitter people reporting forums with false claims.etc.. all the time. they will not take any actions against your forum so long as you are not in any violations.All reports are thoroughly investigated before any actions and or forum deletions are put in place.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheeba Thu Sep 10 2009, 02:37

I would like to reply to Wondercat in regards to your abuse problem.
I am the original owner of your forum.I own the "my kitty mania.com" name globally.You are in violation of international copywrite laws.
The banner does not belong to you either and you are a thief.
I have asked you numerous times to change the name and banner.
I will pursue this matter in the courts.
Sheeba

Back to top Go down

Post by wondercat Thu Sep 10 2009, 03:28

You own the domain my-kitty-mania.com, THAT IS ALL. You do not own the name, our site has NOTHING on there saying my-kitty-mania.com.I'm sorry you can't understand the difference between owning a DOMAIN and owning a name...

The banner was not made solely by you, it is PUBLIC DOMAIN, you have no legal ownership of anything there, please by all means waste your time and money trying to pursue legal means.

You are a bitter individual who really needs to sit down and have a good hard look at yourself.
wondercat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheeba Thu Sep 10 2009, 04:04

I have all the time in the world and money.You are a poverty stricken individual who has no job or money and probally no girl friend by now.Perhaps I should tip of the sherriff to your location as you owe a lot of money in fines.
Your site says my kitty mania.
You will never own the domain name and the site will never be listed on google or any other search engine.Why don't you just start a new site and take your 14 odd members with you? That would be a simple resolution.The banner was solely created by me.I have evidence.

Twisted Evil
Sheeba

Back to top Go down

Post by disconett Thu Sep 10 2009, 04:08

You could IP ban him
disconett
disconett
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by wondercat Thu Sep 10 2009, 04:16

Hes been ip banned, but anybody with 2 brain cells to rub together can figure how to circumvent that.

I'm going to change the banner when the maintenance period has finished to stop his childish complaining, i really couldn't care less.

The site says my kitty mania, and will continue to do so, again YOU OWN THE DOMAIN my-kitty-mania.com, that does not give you any legal recourse to stop people using the name "my kitty mania".

I'm going to take the mature approach and avoid personal attacks unlike him.

I don't care about the domain, in fact we have our own registered domain.
wondercat

Back to top Go down

Post by Frogzilla Thu Sep 10 2009, 05:04

Just because I find his behavior childish, I thought I'd do a search of the domain name that you mentioned and found that while .com and .net are currently registered, .info, .org, .me, .mobi, .us, and .biz, are not taken. From what I understand when it comes to websites, there isn't exactly a copyright law. From my own experience, when dealing with a .org for a non profit I was involved in, we hadn't changed our contact e-mail, and missed the renewal date by 1 day. In the meantime, someone from Germany bought it and would not sell it back for a reasonable fee. We had to make a new site using .net...

The banner, depending on where it is hosted would probably remain public domain...

Here's where I found the domain availability...
http://www.godaddy.com/domains/searchresults.aspx?ci=8962
Frogzilla

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk Thu Sep 10 2009, 05:29

This ends here.Give me a break guy's, yous know better to come here and argue or squabble over differences. either take it up with litigation's.Or sort out the situations yourselves via PM.
The Forumotion support forum is not the place for this and it will not be tolerated.

thread now locked
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down