The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions Regarding Hitskin theme-is there ANY answer to these questions? It has been posted for some time now.

Go down

Questions Regarding Hitskin theme-is there ANY answer to these questions? It has been posted for some time now. Empty Questions Regarding Hitskin theme-is there ANY answer to these questions? It has been posted for some time now.

Post by Merlin333 May 23rd 2008, 2:21 pm

My forum is : www.merlin333.bigforumlive.com
My skin is : Shadow by Clinton Solidum

1. Buttons - I have added several custom names and buttons to my menu options, Hitskins has made the default button options inaccessible so I cannot remove them or change their access level. I need this access to remove buttons that have the same functionality of custom buttons.

2. Background - my background has a design that can be described as a center column flanked by two sidebars.

3. Alternate Themes - I attempted to create an alternate theme. When I attempted to make it active I received a message that since my current theme was a custom one, it would be deleted! This is a major problem. My current theme is so edited if I have to recreate it from scratch to use an alternate theme - this option is totally unavailable to me. Certainly there must be a way to allow those who use optional themes (HitSkins) to save their theme and reload it when through with the alternate. (Does the export theme function serve this purpose E.G. export the entire edits in their entirety so they can be easily reloaded?)

4. Vulnerability of this skin. I located this report about my skin presenting a security threat:
http://www.frsirt.com/english/advisories/2006/3512

Technical Description Receive FrSIRT alerts in a Text format Receive FrSIRT alerts in a PDF format Receive FrSIRT alerts in an XML format Receive FrSIRT notifications by SMS

A vulnerability has been identified in phpBB Premod Shadow, which could be exploited by attackers to execute arbitrary commands. This flaw is due to an input validation error in the "includes/functions_portal.php" script that does not validate the "phpbb_root_path" parameter, which could be exploited by remote attackers to include malicious files and execute arbitrary commands with privileges of the web server.

Credits

Vulnerability reported by Kw3[R]Ln

5. Skin request - I request that you upload the skin CarbonCopy by Echo. I would like to use it. It is free, I'm sure it could be arranged and located at:

http://www.echological.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=18

5. Finally, if I want to purchase my own server can I download my forum so as to keep it intact?

Thanks
Jon

Last edited by Merlin333 on June 3rd 2008, 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To "bump" a topic not responded to...)
Merlin333
Merlin333
Forumember

Male Posts : 147
Language : English

http://www.merlin333.bigforumlive.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down