The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I make it so Mods of the forum can only start "threads" in a Topic but members can only reply to them?

2 posters

Go down

How do I make it so Mods of the forum can only start "threads" in a Topic but members can only reply to them? Empty How do I make it so Mods of the forum can only start "threads" in a Topic but members can only reply to them?

Post by Jas315 June 6th 2008, 5:54 am

Hey... I tried looking through the help section & the panel, but I can't seem to find my solution.

What I'm asking is...

I have a Topic, where I would like to configure in a way... so that only the Moderators of the forum (Who I have chosen) are allowed to make new threads in it. However, I don't want the members of the forum to have the ability to start threads... I only want them to be able to "reply" to them.

Is this possible?

If so, can someone please tell me how?

Thanks in advance.
Jas315

Language : english

Back to top Go down

How do I make it so Mods of the forum can only start "threads" in a Topic but members can only reply to them? Empty Re: How do I make it so Mods of the forum can only start "threads" in a Topic but members can only reply to them?

Post by nimiel June 6th 2008, 5:59 am

admin panel> forum >permission> click on the forum you want> advance mode> and then study it. don't forget to save! hope I helped!
nimiel
Forumember

Male Posts : 519

http://www.funstuff.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

How do I make it so Mods of the forum can only start "threads" in a Topic but members can only reply to them? Empty Re: How do I make it so Mods of the forum can only start "threads" in a Topic but members can only reply to them?

Post by Jas315 June 6th 2008, 6:29 am

nimiel wrote:admin panel> forum >permission> click on the forum you want> advance mode> and then study it. don't forget to save! hope I helped!

Yes you have helped a lot. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Very Happy Hello
Jas315

Back to top Go down