The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posty differences in Firefox, but not I.E.7 ??

Go down

Posty differences in Firefox, but not I.E.7 ?? Empty Posty differences in Firefox, but not I.E.7 ??

Post by Guest January 10th 2007, 3:42 pm

Hello
I've searched the site for any similar topics, but don't seem to be any.
Is anyone else using the Firefox Browser? & has noticed any changes in the posty at Smith Chat?

I usually use Firefox for browsing, but found the posty at the Forum is better using Internet Explorer - as you can use "What you see is what you get". In Firefox its only the other version & no icons at the top of the posty box - just text boxes - eg: instead of "servimg" blue button, in Firefox - its just a text box "insert images".

But now noticed another inconvenience in Firefox Browser - In the Forums posty, its not showing the "Attach signature" option for checking. But OK in I.E.7

Is any other Firefox Browser User finding this? or could it be my browser settings that need adjusting? or something in my Forum Admin Panel that needs re-configuring?

Thanks for any advice.

Carole

Back to top Go down

Posty differences in Firefox, but not I.E.7 ?? Empty Re: Posty differences in Firefox, but not I.E.7 ??

Post by Cornelia January 10th 2007, 8:42 pm

Hello.

This is not related to the browser, it's related to cookies. (it's the same thing for auto-logins, the admin panel menu, etc.). The cookies saves these setting you chose under the browser. Once your clear them (or when they expire), you go back to the default settings : you go back to normal mode if the wysiwyg isn't enabled by default, you lose your autologin if you checked "log me in automatically each visit", you will have to click on the yellow arrow to display the advanced features in your admin panel.

You can enable/disable the WYSIWYG by clicking on the A/A icon indicated on this screenshot :

Posty differences in Firefox, but not I.E.7 ?? Wysiwygmodeko6
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Posty differences in Firefox, but not I.E.7 ?? Empty Re: Posty differences in Firefox, but not I.E.7 ??

Post by Guest January 11th 2007, 9:33 pm

Thank you very much for this Katt

Carole

Back to top Go down