The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confused.. First time working with phpbb [solved]

2 posters

Go down

Confused.. First time working with phpbb [solved] Empty Confused.. First time working with phpbb [solved]

Post by Nelson June 22nd 2008, 7:11 am

Sorry if this is in the wrong place I had no idea where to post this, but please if you have to lock my topic just send me in the right direction because I really want to get my questions answered.
Just incase you need to know, my forum url is http://soccer-chat.n-stars.org/
Ok so here are my many questions.

On a free forum can you install mods/hacks?
If so is there such a hack/mod that allows you to change the user online time and a mod/hack that allows you to change the posts by a user?
Also a hack like a reputation system?
Oh and since i run a football/soccer site is there a mod/hack that is like a prediction league?

I was looking to buy a domiain name.. If I do that what changes besides the domain name?
If I was to buy a domain name, is it like I own the forum like when people buy IPB & vB forum licenses?
Also if you buy a domain name do you have to get a hosting site like bluehost to host your forum?

I want my forum to eventually turn out to be a paid forum like this one -> http://www.raysbb.com/phpBB2/index.php
Is there anyway somebody can lead me to a walk-through or something letting me know how I can turn my forum into a forum like above?

Im really sorry for all these questions. Its just this is my first time working with phpbb. I used to work with vB and ipb but then things happened with the other 3 forums I was co-running and I wanted to make a new forum so I looked for the best "free forum" software and here I am confused as hell.
Nelson

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Confused.. First time working with phpbb [solved] Empty Re: Confused.. First time working with phpbb [solved]

Post by Skittles June 22nd 2008, 1:19 pm

Hello and welcome.

Because you are new, here are useful links where you can look for answers :

Arrow Frequently Asked Questions
Arrow List of the Frequently Asked Questions' topics
Arrow Tricks & Tips
Arrow List of the Tricks & Tips topics
Arrow The Search feature
Arrow The FAQ of Forumotion.com

Moreover, if you don't find the answer for your question, don't hesitate to open a new topic since this section is made for this!

To answer your question:
Normally we recommend that you post each different question you have in a separate thread, along with a topic title that is specific to your question, therefore utilizing the search feature for future members with the same question.

Yes you can buy your own domain name here, thru our points system. You will need 1600 points to be purchased to do this. But you will not own the forum, ever. Forumotion has all ownership of the databases and does not offer that for purchase.

Most of your questions can be found in the FAQ or Tips and Tricks as well as other previously answered questions. Try the links I have provided above, and do some searches. It should help you to familiarize yourself with forumotions forums and if you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask, but as I mentioned before, please post each question separately and with a explicit title. Thanks! Wink

Skittles
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Confused.. First time working with phpbb [solved] Empty Re: Confused.. First time working with phpbb [solved]

Post by Nelson June 23rd 2008, 1:45 am

Thanks! I checked the links and I found a little information I needed to know and I made some new threads with better topic titles Wink
Nelson

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles June 23rd 2008, 2:19 am

Since you have made new threads for your questions I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.

Glad the links could help!

Thanks!

Skittles
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down