The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worried and Confused ( Solved )

4 posters

Go down

Worried and Confused ( Solved ) Empty Worried and Confused ( Solved )

Post by The-deathly-Hallows Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:45 am

I wanted to put this somewhere else but the area was locked. I has a report last month but it looked like a kid had wrote it, then there was one the other day when my net died, saying about copy right, etc that they were from WB and I don't know what to do, it doesn't look like a adbult wote it but Ihate have credit to all of the sites etc, JKRowling and I don't know what to do, I made all the images, etc there.. took me months.. and I don't want to delete it because of some prank, but I don't want to be done for something I didn't know was wrong Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Nessa on Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited : To Mark Problem Solved)
The-deathly-Hallows
The-deathly-Hallows

Male Posts : 13
Language : English

http://www.the-deathly-Hallows.com

Back to top Go down

Worried and Confused ( Solved ) Empty Re: Worried and Confused ( Solved )

Post by The-deathly-Hallows Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:29 pm

I found a Artical and it was for last years or sometime back anyway about Warner Brothers killing off fan sites, hate it only get away .. destresses us, and I have been beyond it today, couldn't work because I was ill from stress. So I am deleting it and making a NEW site fantasy bases a bit like it but be bigger.. I don't want to get a slap on the wrist and I don't understand that JK has fan sites on her forum and she loves them.. but Warner bros has brought all the rights off everything and .. now HP sites are a dying breed... so guess this is a closed thread Sad
The-deathly-Hallows
The-deathly-Hallows

Back to top Go down

Post by ce-hub Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:34 pm

Razz hey dude that made me half to laugh Worried and Confused ( Solved ) Whistle its just you opened a help topic you started to say anything and you close it! guitar that rocks!
ce-hub
ce-hub
Forumember

Male Posts : 297
Language : english

http://friendster-network.forumc.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by The-deathly-Hallows Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:48 pm

it was Fake.. I deleted nearly all of it but I was posted a artical about Warner Bros , not bothering Fansites.. said sorry to the ones they took to court, The one that reported abuse on the site, had bad grammer and smelling, like a child, then I wrote on the site for members, that we were looking into it, and I said in it I will try and contact JKR for more information, it is a NON prophet site and we repect the character and rights of sites, and CREDIT them ALL .. then the person said.. they QUIT today.. had text talk in the notice.. I think I scared them by telling him I was going to contact her.. no one would want to leave WB lol and like I said I credit them all and no not claim the characters as my own, they said they didn't take action but tried to scare me by saying WB scan for sites.. load of twoddle.. they used to but I was give the artical saying they weren't I make and blend all the images on the site, plus.. if the site was breaching the Copy right infridgment, I would be emailed.. and nothing, Google and Yahoo Monitor it all the time.. and nothing.. so I can done nothing wrong anyway.. grr I hate some people that fake it, they could be the ones done for fraud..
The-deathly-Hallows
The-deathly-Hallows

Back to top Go down

Post by Saurus Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:14 pm

I can only point out that IF you...

Use images or names from any book, movie, etc without the WRITTEN permission of the author, producer, or copyright owner - you are in violation of international copyright laws. You simply CANNOT use, for any purpose, the copyrighted or intellectual property of another person or entity. That is just the fact.

Now .. will they go after you if you do? That's another story. In my experience with the law, Disney, for one, will definitely go after individuals - non-profit or not - for using their images. I have heard that Rowlings will do likewise under some circumstances.

The issue isn't if they CAN - because they certainly can do so legally, but do they want to bother with someone running a fan site. Depending on how far you go with their images and prtoperty is probably the best answer. And you cannot simply credit the owner of your images, etc - that is not legally sufficient. The only legally acceptable format is to show the copyright tag and name and the phrase "used by permission" along with it. Of course to do that - you have to HAVE their permission.

There are many sites on the web that fully explain copyright law and the requirements. I suggest anyone with a fan site take some time to research it.
Saurus
Forumember

Male Posts : 789
Language : english

http://sunrisers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The-deathly-Hallows Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:42 pm

THIS THREAD IS SORTED AND HAS BEEN WORKED OUT, PLEASE LOCK, thank you Very Happy

I have looked into it read lots of articals, and Warner brothers have said they do not go after fansites and do not close them in short, I have a updated artical

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2001/03/19/warner_bros_scraps_harry_potter/

Seems that it is fine and we have put up all about Copyright etc. Images are edited a lot for the site and they seem fine with that. There are 1,000's of sites, and the report looks FAKE, like a child wrote it to scare sites, I said I would contact others about this which I have and they then left us alone..

Quotes of what to expect from the FAKE
Copied Word to Word including mistypes and Grammer

message one:This Website contains copyrighted images owned by Waner Brothers LTD and other companies, also contains charicters copyrighted to JKRowling. This is a serius act of copyright infringment. posted= 19th June
Message Two:I work for Warner Brothers, i stumbled upon your site, and i must warn you, if i come back on duty i will have to report it to the company, and they WILL take legal action againsed you, you DO NOT have written permission from either Warner Brothers or J.K.Rowling. This is an offence that is incredible serious! We have already taken 27 fan site makers to court. You cannot:Use charicters from the book or film, use images from the book or film. I recoment you remove all of the copyrigted images and charicters from you site before i come back
Best Wishes ****James Harman*****
Message Three(after I said I would contact other sites, JKRowling and WB):
Hi, im the guy from WB, i have quit. i don;t like there doping to people like you, the job was ended today when i just walked out, i haven't yet reported your siste to the,, so ur no gonna face legal actions, but be careful. They scan the net for sites like yours, i hope you dont get caught. Best wishes

All three are from the same person clearly, There have been some members that were banned and we think they might be trying to get back at the site. JKRowling also has fansites on her offical site and give out awards from them, We are writting a letter to her by the site, and hoping to get a reply soon.

We all understand it all but we know sites are safe from WB which is the main company and JKRowling likes them
Very Happy I Emailed Mugglenet.com to, letting them know all of this and to warn othersites. We do not copy writing from sites, the only time they will do anything is, if there is graphic [sexual] and bullying in them, but ours doesn't and we keep to the books and characters as much as possible
The-deathly-Hallows
The-deathly-Hallows

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:14 pm

The-deathly-Hallows wrote:THIS THREAD IS SORTED AND HAS BEEN WORKED OUT, PLEASE LOCK, thank you Very Happy

Since this problem seems to have been resolved , I will mark this topic as Solved and Lock this now.

=> ( Members Problem Solved )
=> Locked

~ Nessa
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down