The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should we all be worried?

4 posters

Go down

Should we all be worried? Empty Should we all be worried?

Post by Punkarella Sat Oct 11 2008, 08:36

I've noticed a lot of threads in the last days talking about being locked out of their forums, or having it deleted on them, or hacked into

Is there something going on we should be aware of?
Why is this happening to so many people all of a sudden... how can we be sure it doesn't happen to anyone else and US!

Last thing I want is my forum taken from my control also!
Punkarella
Punkarella
Forumember

Female Posts : 334
Language : English

http://www.funkyfriendsonline.ace.st

Back to top Go down

Should we all be worried? Empty Re: Should we all be worried?

Post by Burning 2k8 Sat Oct 11 2008, 09:52

No, it's probably something they shouldn't have messed with in the admin panel.
Burning 2k8
Burning 2k8
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim Sat Oct 11 2008, 15:59

If the founders account is based on a solid email then there won't be problems. Webmasters who take security lightly and create a forum of a msn email or yahoo mail will soon learn that its easy to hack into.

Its always been like that and its not forumotions security problem its email hacking...
so yeah if the founder , and/or members with access to the admin panel should have problem emails
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno Sat Oct 11 2008, 16:49

Hmm... So Jalokim, is using my purchased domain name's e-mail more secure? I don't really trust it because is doesn't have a Secure Socket Layer login page.

By the way, hotmail & yahoo accounts are pretty easy to hack actually. But I can't say how.... Razz
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Language : GeekPolice

http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 11 2008, 17:02

i think most address are easy to crack if you have a weak password, if you got a long & strong password noone will cracker.

well there other way of cracking email address like keyloggers, and not having proper firewall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim Sat Oct 11 2008, 19:29

Doctor Inferno wrote:Hmm... So Jalokim, is using my purchased domain name's e-mail more secure? I don't really trust it because is doesn't have a Secure Socket Layer login page.

By the way, hotmail & yahoo accounts are pretty easy to hack actually. But I can't say how.... Razz

you know i'll have to get back to you on this one. I used to have a domain on forumotion, but i can't remember how it looked security wise. But one question is left without answer... if you are a founder, and you are starting a forum how can you use a purchased domain email if you haven't made the site yet??
unless of course you are hosting a new forum and using the old ones purchased email to register... lol

I'll check the security of the email.
But 90% of those that complain about hacking are those that used a msn messenger email (...@hotmail.com)
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down