The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Person trying to hack our forum

3 posters

Go down

Person trying to hack our forum Empty Person trying to hack our forum

Post by -=SC=- June 25th 2008, 7:06 pm

Hi, we have had a guy trying to hack our forum with the intention of deleting everything for the last 2 days. So far, we've been able to catch him each time
and delete his account before he can do anything. We have disabled new user registration, enforced the "admin must approve all new accounts" option, but somehow he keeps getting in there. Our forum is at http://fleetcom1.com/ and
I just wanted to ask for some help from you, as I think we've done all we can,
but the person is not stopping (oh yeah, I've banned his e-mail address too, but
we're unable to discover his IP). The founder of our forum is incredibly worried about
this, and was unable to sleep last night because of it. Any help would be sincerely appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
-=SC=-
-=SC=-

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Person trying to hack our forum Empty Re: Person trying to hack our forum

Post by Nessa June 25th 2008, 7:11 pm

Hello Hi SC, Fleet came on earlier and has posted about this issue Here . Keep banning this member and do not delete his account there, or he can keep coming back again and cause more problems for you there. Deleting the account undoes the ban that can keep him from returning. Wink
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down

Post by -=SC=- June 25th 2008, 7:54 pm

God bless you Nessa, and thanks so much for your reply and the advice! I'm sorry, I didn't think to search before posting this - Fleet had told me he was having some trouble getting in here.

Thanks again!
-=SC=-
-=SC=-

Back to top Go down

Post by FLEET June 25th 2008, 7:59 pm

I might have to pull some strings. LOL. Get the CBI and FBI involved. I do know federal agents. But im thinking this country has bigger issues.
FLEET

Language : english

Back to top Go down