The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gallery administration panel problem

2 posters

Go down

Gallery administration panel problem Empty Gallery administration panel problem

Post by carlfan August 9th 2008, 1:08 pm

Hi. I am trying to activate the gallery on our forum, but am not having much luck.

When I go to the Modules page and go to my Gallery section, each of the following pages has exactly the same options as the Configuration page. ie Configuration, Home Page, Personal Albums, Upload and Preview - all have exactly the same screen options as the Configuration page. In other words, on each page all I am seeing are these options...

Show the gallery : Yes No
Enable rating system : Yes No
Select picture rating display :Icons onlyNumbers onlyNumbers and icons
Enable comment system : Yes
Enable Slideshow feature : Yes No Enable transition effects for Slideshow : Yes No Show Picture Navigation Box in Show Page : Yes No View full pic as a popup : Yes

I would like to just have the public gallery, with no personal albums but there doesnt seem to be a way of isolating the two... And when I go to preview the forum, the gallery says it doesnt have any categories set up, but I have in fact, set one up, but for some reason it's not showing... I think the reason for this must be because I am not getting the correct options showing up for each page...

here is our forum ... http://carlriseley.forumotion.com/index.htm

Hope someone can help me out. thanks...
carlfan

Female Posts : 17
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Gallery administration panel problem Empty Re: Gallery administration panel problem

Post by Luky August 9th 2008, 11:03 pm

You can change the permissions for who should be able to create a personal album by going to admin panel=>Modules=>Gallery=>Personal albums and from the "Create his album" option choose Admin that way only Administrators can create a personal album. You can also set the permissions for who should be able to see personal albums. If you set it to Groups and then check the Administrators box only Administrators will be able to see the personal albums you create(in case you want to create any). I showed this in this screenshot:
Gallery administration panel problem Testpq2.th
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Gallery administration panel problem Empty Re: Gallery administration panel problem

Post by carlfan August 10th 2008, 4:20 am

Thanks for your response Luky.... and I would definitely do that if I had the correct options in my Personal Gallery page... but these are the only options I have....

Gallery administration panel problem Screenshotgallery

These same options are coming up on the Home, Personal Albums, Upload and Preview pages... Is there some way of someone being able to fix this for me? If not, I'll just have to not use the gallery which is such a shame as it would have been great to have one!! And I would have been only too happy to pay for more space or whatever the deal is.... But as it is, I just can't use it.. Sad
carlfan

Back to top Go down

Post by carlfan August 12th 2008, 12:54 pm

I'm wondering if I need to post this query in the Need of a Technician section? Do Technicians fix this sort of thing? Just hoping that someone can help.... Crying or Very sad
carlfan

Back to top Go down

Post by carlfan August 14th 2008, 9:46 am

Is my gallery fixable? Please can someone help!!! Crying or Very sad

I just had a thought..... I havent activated the portal area of my forum...would that make a difference?
carlfan

Back to top Go down

Post by carlfan August 14th 2008, 6:19 pm

woohoo!! After playing around with things tonight, I've got the gallery to work!! It had something to do with the portal as I activated that and made some changes and now the gallery is up and going!!! yay!!! Very Happy
carlfan

Back to top Go down