The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Users not receiving their activation emails

5 posters

Go down

Users not receiving their activation emails Empty Users not receiving their activation emails

Post by Mr.Trist August 20th 2008, 1:45 am

Even though I have it set for emails to be sent, I have to manually activate all new members. Is there a solution to this?
Mr.Trist

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Users not receiving their activation emails Empty Re: Users not receiving their activation emails

Post by Misery_Kitty August 26th 2008, 10:10 pm

I too am having that problem. The registrants have waited over 24 hours and still no emails... please help scratch
Misery_Kitty
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Users not receiving their activation emails Empty Re: Users not receiving their activation emails

Post by Nazzgull August 26th 2008, 10:16 pm

Administration Panel -- > User and Groups -- >User Options
New accounts activation : Yes
Send notify email on new user registrations : None

Now go to Inactive users and active them all. Next registered member should have to got activation mail.
Nazzgull
Nazzgull
Forumember

Male Posts : 171
Language : English & Serbian

http://svetracunara.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Misery_Kitty August 26th 2008, 10:19 pm

Would I need to do all that if some registrants are getting their emails and others are not? its like pot luck at the moment lol (thanks for the reply btw Wink )
Misery_Kitty
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazzgull August 26th 2008, 10:20 pm

Misery_Kitty wrote:Would I need to do all that if some registrants are getting their emails and others are not? its like pot luck at the moment lol (thanks for the reply btw Wink )
Contact some Moderator on this forum about this problem.
Or just change activation by Administrator only.
Nazzgull
Nazzgull
Forumember

Male Posts : 171
Language : English & Serbian

http://svetracunara.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Misery_Kitty August 26th 2008, 10:23 pm

OK so that worked a charm LMAO!! thanks heaps!!

Now my last question for this one is... other then doing the inactive user part the other settings where correct.... Is there something I can do to stop it from happening again please?? ouou

p.s: thanks for the other response but I am the administrator of the forum Wink and I'd really really like it if they did it themselves as I can be VERY forgetful lol Embarassed
Misery_Kitty
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 August 27th 2008, 1:40 am

Well, the confirmation mail is being sent automatically, some spam filters might not like this and send it automatically to the trash-folder.

Besides that, it's a known issue that some email-services - like hotmail or AOL for example - often do not forward confirmation emails, due to built-in filters. To my knowledge there is currently no way to change this, I solved this issue on my own board by leaving a note at the registration site. That way, users directly know about the problem before registering. You could tell them to create their account and then ask in a specific part of the forum (guests are able to post) for manual activation of your account. Smile

You can manually activate accounts by going to "Users & Groups / Inactive Users". A tutorial about how to add info to the registration process can be found here.
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by Misery_Kitty August 27th 2008, 1:54 am

Thanks again Sunny_D You are just too damn good!

I'll check out the link you posted for further info Smile
Misery_Kitty
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by haitsmaboy August 27th 2008, 2:58 am

Do you have the Administrator Activation on? If so, uncheck it through the following: Administration Panel> User and Groups> User Options
New accounts activation : Yes
Send notify email on new user registrations : None

By the way, Misery_Kitty, please do not swear through Forumotion Forums.
haitsmaboy
haitsmaboy
Forumember

Male Posts : 85

http://www.wdw-kids.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Misery_Kitty August 27th 2008, 6:49 am

Sorry I didn't realize that I had? Embarassed
Misery_Kitty
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 August 27th 2008, 3:18 pm

I don't as well. :/

haitsmaboy, don't moderate other users, this is reserved for the staff and the staff only. In this case you even made your own rule more or less, what is not acceptable. Next time I have to issue a warning.
zakir321

Back to top Go down