The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Player Tutorial(non restarting)

+9
blaxk_blxxd
Houka Ryuu
cclloyd9785
zakir321
dimples
Kitty99
baltimoregirlz
Trevor
xxxVIPERxxx
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Music Player Tutorial(non restarting) - Page 2 Empty Music Player Tutorial(non restarting)

Post by xxxVIPERxxx Wed 27 Aug 2008 - 0:55

First topic message reminder :

Alright, I've seen people asking over and over for music embedding codes, how to's, and ways to get around it restarting over and over. WELL!, I found a way, and you may like it, and you may not... Your choice, but I'm going to show you how I did it.

Arrow Preview of Page Arrow It will be similiar to this, but on a blank page, now headers and stuff, just the music player...

Arrow Step 1 ~ Goto Mindviz.com or any other free music place that gives you offsite code/html....Register and get your player code...

Arrow Step 2 ~ Admin Panel -> Modules -> HTML Pages Management-> Create New -> Give it a "TITLE" -> Use of Header/Footers.. Yes/No(preferable NO) -> Make as Homepage.... Yes/No(preferable NO) -> Copy/Paste next Code....

<html>
<head>
<style type="text/css">
body {background-color: #2d2d2d;}
#container {margin: 100px auto;width:80%;}
#maincontent {//stuff for main content here}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<div id="container">
<div id="maincontent">
<center><font color=red>Your Title/Player Name or Whatever</font><br>PLAYER CODE GOES HERE!</center>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

Arrow Notes:

Hex color from your CSS, enter it here...
NO CLUE as I just wanted player on page only...
Font color you want...red/blue/whatever
Place whatever you want here for title/header
Your player EMBED code/html goes here...

Once you get it all the way you want -> SAVE IT

Arrow Step 4 ~ Now click HTML Pages Management again so you will be sitting back at the area to "CREATE PAGE" with a new HTML page and link listed -> Copy the link to your page

Arrow Step 5 ~ Admin panel -> Modules -> Portal Management -> Portal Pages List -> Structure -> Navigation -> Edit

Now that your here, and ready to edit...Look down at the links already there, we are going to do something similiar....

Start off by finding your last link and at the end of it you will see:

</span>

Set your cursor before the </span>, and type in the following:

<a href="LINK TO HTML page" target="_blank">Music Player or Whatever here</a><br/>

Notes:
Paste/Insert the HTML link from earlier here....
Whatever name you want link to show goes here...

NOW SAVE IT

Arrow Step 6 ~ Tada! You should now have a working link on your portal that takes you into a new window, and has your music player on it....Just minimize it while at your site, and listen to music nonstop while working or browsing....

Last Notes: If anybody comes up with a better way to do the HTML table & background, without getting to carried away, and can keep it centered in the page, let me know. I'm still to clueless about coding and this is the best I could do, with help from others, as they think most should already know how to do this....

ENJOY!

DragonsFist

Last edited by Sunny_D on Fri 10 Oct 2008 - 15:30; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : disabled html)
xxxVIPERxxx
xxxVIPERxxx
Forumember

Male Posts : 317
Language : Opinionated, English & Army

http://www.sgtlegend.com/LightFighter

Back to top Go down

Music Player Tutorial(non restarting) - Page 2 Empty Re: Music Player Tutorial(non restarting)

Post by xxxVIPERxxx Tue 21 Oct 2008 - 15:11

Your going to add a link into your navigation box, on the portal.

SO:

<a href="http://www.yourforum.com/html.1 (Or whatever the link is to your player)">MUSIC PLAYER</a>

Save it....And make sure it is placed just before the </span> tag.
xxxVIPERxxx
xxxVIPERxxx
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Music Player Tutorial(non restarting) - Page 2 Empty Re: Music Player Tutorial(non restarting)

Post by KristinS Tue 21 Oct 2008 - 15:42

Thats what I cant find is the Navigation box on the portal..UHHGG I also dont see the span tag! ARG
KristinS

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by KristinS Tue 21 Oct 2008 - 23:42

Ok well I dont know how I did this...I managed to get my music player IN the portal...its not playing when you open my page. You have to click on Portal then it starts...what did I do wrong?

Thank you in advance!
KristinS

Back to top Go down

Post by KristinS Tue 21 Oct 2008 - 23:50

OMG I did it! I have no friggin idea how...but its done! I was on a mission and its complete all thanks to your help! I cant thank you enough, this is something I have been trying to do for months!

Muahs
KristinS

Back to top Go down

Post by xxxVIPERxxx Tue 21 Oct 2008 - 23:59

Sorry replies are slow today, storming here, and had to head out to work....Glad you got it done...
xxxVIPERxxx
xxxVIPERxxx
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses Wed 22 Oct 2008 - 1:59

xxxVIPERxxx wrote: If anybody comes up with a better way to do the HTML table & background, without getting to carried away, and can keep it centered in the page, let me know. I'm still to clueless about coding and this is the best I could do, with help from others, as they think most should already know how to do this....

ENJOY!

DragonsFist
If you want to center your player on a page use these HTML tags:

Put this one at the beginning of your music player coding:

<center>

Put this one at the end of your music player coding:

</center>

So the ending result would be this:

<center> MUSIC PLAYER CODE</center>
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by [TNL]Virus Sat 25 Oct 2008 - 6:53

yes! i made a music player..

now im done thank you so much! Very Happy
[TNL]Virus
[TNL]Virus

Male Posts : 5
Language : tagalog

http://tillnextlife.withme.us

Back to top Go down

Post by [TNL]Virus Sat 25 Oct 2008 - 7:14

i just want to say thank you very very much!
[TNL]Virus
[TNL]Virus

Male Posts : 5
Language : tagalog

http://tillnextlife.withme.us

Back to top Go down

Post by xxxVIPERxxx Thu 20 Aug 2009 - 4:51

Hmm, why is this so far down the pages when it's a real music player VS most people embeded loop music?

Or do you prefer a music loop that restarts everytime the page is loaded??

I don't so I'm bumping this so others can see it...
xxxVIPERxxx
xxxVIPERxxx
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 Thu 20 Aug 2009 - 6:19

Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2