The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Added Image Verification but can't get rid of the original register button.

3 posters

Go down

Added Image Verification but can't get rid of the original register button. Empty Added Image Verification but can't get rid of the original register button.

Post by Ras September 5th 2008, 1:43 pm

Hi,

I have a question regarding the use of Image Verification for new members to my board.

I followed the manual Caihlem provided here and that worked just fine for me, apart from one detail.

Unregistred users now see this:

Added Image Verification but can't get rid of the original register button. F269aw

When they click the register button I introduced (top of the page), it's all good: they get to the image verification page. The problem is the silver <register> button in the lower left corner.

That is a sort of 'backdoor' if you click it, you will get to the normal (original) register page.

Then you could register without the image verification.

I want to get rid of it, but I don't know how.

Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance,

Ras.
Ras
Forumember

Language : Dutch

Back to top Go down

Added Image Verification but can't get rid of the original register button. Empty Same problem here: Can't get rid of the original register button.

Post by Southwold Jack September 13th 2008, 8:36 am

I too have this problem.

It would be very helpful is this could be answer.

Thanks.
Southwold Jack
Southwold Jack

Male Posts : 6
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Added Image Verification but can't get rid of the original register button. Empty Re: Added Image Verification but can't get rid of the original register button.

Post by Ras September 13th 2008, 4:51 pm

Caihlem, perhaps? Very Happy
Ras
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Added Image Verification but can't get rid of the original register button. Empty Re: Added Image Verification but can't get rid of the original register button.

Post by RCMZ September 13th 2008, 7:54 pm

on mine ihad to make just a really tiny thin line in mspaint the same color as my background, than upload that image and replace the current register button picture with that. than i created a new register button with the new button and link to the are you human register part.
RCMZ
Forumember

http://mytestforum.activebb.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Southwold Jack September 14th 2008, 7:01 am

RCMZ wrote:on mine ihad to make just a really tiny thin line in mspaint the same color as my background, than upload that image and replace the current register button picture with that. than i created a new register button with the new button and link to the are you human register part.
Thanks RCMZ for your advice.

Unfortunately I have done this with no luck in solving the problem. The only Register button that can be replaced seems to be in the Navi-bar. There seems to be no way of replacing the Registration button below the log-in on the main screen as the image posted by the other member shows... unless you know different?

Any help would be very much appreciated with this problem.

Jack.
Southwold Jack
Southwold Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by RCMZ September 14th 2008, 7:08 am

Southwold Jack wrote:
RCMZ wrote:on mine ihad to make just a really tiny thin line in mspaint the same color as my background, than upload that image and replace the current register button picture with that. than i created a new register button with the new button and link to the are you human register part.
Thanks RCMZ for your advice.

Unfortunately I have done this with no luck in solving the problem. The only Register button that can be replaced seems to be in the Navi-bar. There seems to be no way of replacing the Registration button below the log-in on the main screen as the image posted by the other member shows... unless you know different?

Any help would be very much appreciated with this problem.

Jack.

yes, if you set up the are you human, thing like in the how to, than you dont use that register link until AFTER they verify the image in the are you human. another words, you will have to create a new button and name it register, and than place the picture from the original register button onto the new button so the image will show. you will than use the url which leads to the image verification on the new button, when that button is clicked it will ask them to verify the image with the word, once done it will than lead them to the original register url just like the image posted above. to get rid of the original register button you will have to do like i said above, than add the line picture u created in paint's url to the image area on the original button.
RCMZ
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Southwold Jack September 14th 2008, 8:36 am

yes, if you set up the are you human, thing like in the how to, than you dont use that register link until AFTER they verify the image in the are you human.
How do I control the 2 buttons which I have showing as this image clearly shows:
Added Image Verification but can't get rid of the original register button. Reg-prob-example
another words, you will have to create a new button and name it register, and than place the picture from the original register button onto the new button so the image will show. you will than use the url which leads to the image verification on the new button
There seems to be no way in Admin panel to replace the original main screen registration button or modify the link:
Added Image Verification but can't get rid of the original register button. Reg-prob-example1

Again, thanks for your help.

Hopefully this problem will be sorted eventually Sad

Regards... Jack.
Southwold Jack
Southwold Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by RCMZ September 14th 2008, 8:48 am

the original button you need to make a fake button image, which is the line i was talking about. and as far as the register showing when clicking log-in i dont think that can be changed. most guests viewing a site and isnt already a member, will click register before clicking log-in. Wink

i did a how to for this too
https://help.forumotion.com/manage-the-appearance-of-your-forum-f45/how-to-remove-original-register-button-and-add-new-for-are-you-human-t26069.htm#150515
RCMZ
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Southwold Jack September 14th 2008, 9:48 am

RCMZ wrote:the original button you need to make a fake button image, which is the line i was talking about.
Done this as can be seen in Nav area of the image above.

and as far as the register showing when clicking log-in i dont think that can be changed. most guests viewing a site and isnt already a member, will click register before clicking log-in. Wink
But if there are 2 registration buttons and the button in the main screen area is more prominent than the one in Nav bar, then the new user can just as easily click this. The potential spammer/hacker will certainly not miss it and by-pass the image verification!

This is a great, clear guide but if we are left with 2 registration buttons then your guide and other guides are superfluous.

I live in hope of a solution to this problem Crying or Very sad

Thanks.

Regards... Jack.
Southwold Jack
Southwold Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by RCMZ September 14th 2008, 10:02 am

you must not be reading everything or understanding it all.. the things i described in the little how-to is exactly how i did mine. i only have 1 visible button that u can see, the other which matches and blends in with my background is the really thin line (the original register button) which u cannot see. the register button the guests see on my page, is t he one i created, not the original that cant be edited. its a custom header button like the how to tells you how to do.

and like i said in my last post, people are going to click the register button (which would be the only visible one being your created nav button.) and not click the log-in link to find the other register button.
RCMZ
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Southwold Jack September 14th 2008, 7:28 pm

I have tried all the above suggestions to no avail!

I have concluded that it is impossible to stop the Registration button beneath the log-in on the
http://*******.forumotion.net/login.forum?connexion page being displayed. It is also impossible to alter the link associated with this button: http://*******.forumotion.net/profile.forum?mode=register

There is nowhere to edit the link for the above button, which is a great pity as it defeats the whole point of the only Humans log-in configuration, this only allows the Navigation Registration button to be hidden and a replacement added with a link to a pre-configured only Humans image verification page, but the main screen registration button with the link to the Forumation registration is still displayed.

Don't get me wrong here; this is not a complaint just advice for others who try to get this working. I have spent many hours trying with no luck. Yes I can reconfigure the Nav registration button but to have another reg button linking to the Forumotion registration makes this superfluous.

Forumotion offer us all a fantastic forum service which is very easy to configure and a dream to use... Thank you guys and gals for giving it to us for FREE to use!

If the above problem could be addressed in the future then I, and many other Forumotion users, would I am sure be very greatful.

Oh... and if I have missed a method of over comming the above problem then I am all ears...

Regards... Jack.
Southwold Jack
Southwold Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by RCMZ September 14th 2008, 9:16 pm

you have to change it to images only in your nav bar i believe. post a link to your site. with the "hidden" button up and the new button up.
RCMZ
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Southwold Jack September 15th 2008, 8:55 pm

RCMZ wrote:you have to change it to images only in your nav bar i believe. post a link to your site. with the "hidden" button up and the new button up.
Done it mate...

Still the same Crying or Very sad

Jack.
Southwold Jack
Southwold Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Ras September 23rd 2008, 1:15 am

RCMZ doesn't seem to get the problem we're dealing with here, while Soutwold Jack hits the nail straight on the head everytime:

the problem is the 'inbaked' silver register button (at the bottom of the page) which you just can't change in any way: no image replacement/delete, no link alteration or anything like that, you can't delete it too (which would be a good solution, I think Wink )

There are a few pages in the forum configuration that even an admin can't get to/fiddle with and the original registering page is apparently one of them.

This makes the whole image verification process useless if you want an "only humans' board because bots will go for the original registering button and not for the new one you created in the navigation bar.

I have been mailed by several people about this problem and no one has found a solution yet.

So if anybody has got a clue, please let us know ...

Thanks !

Smile
Ras
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by RCMZ September 23rd 2008, 5:08 am

Ras wrote:RCMZ doesn't seem to get the problem we're dealing with here, while Soutwold Jack hits the nail straight on the head everytime:

the problem is the 'inbaked' silver register button (at the bottom of the page) which you just can't change in any way: no image replacement/delete, no link alteration or anything like that, you can't delete it too (which would be a good solution, I think Wink )

There are a few pages in the forum configuration that even an admin can't get to/fiddle with and the original registering page is apparently one of them.

This makes the whole image verification process useless if you want an "only humans' board because bots will go for the original registering button and not for the new one you created in the navigation bar.

I have been mailed by several people about this problem and no one has found a solution yet.

So if anybody has got a clue, please let us know ...

Thanks !

Smile

it isnt possible to change, open a poll in the suggestions, i paid for templates and it isnt even there to edit that screen. also i think if abot came to a site they would see a register link in the nav bar besides trying to log in than see the other register at the bottom. yes i wish and hope that can be changed soon too.
RCMZ
Forumember

Back to top Go down