The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How-To "remove" original register button and add new for are you human.

2 posters

Go down

How-To "remove" original register button and add new for are you human. Empty How-To "remove" original register button and add new for are you human.

Post by RCMZ September 14th 2008, 7:43 am

Ok, I am going to do alittle how to here on how to "remove" the original register button to make it hidden and replace that with a new register button so that the new register will than link to the are you human. You will have to do this how-to because you can not edit your original buttons url to place the html page to the are you human url. So creating a new button to do this and hiding the original will send all guests wanting to register to the are you human image verification before register.

Just follow along and than you can get this done pretty easily and simply. Just make sure you have done the are you human tutorial before doing this, since you will than need the link for the new button your creating.

So on with the how-to. First you will want to open MSPaint or another type of program, and than create a line like image like in the picture, making the color of it the same as the background which appears outside of your buttons on your forum. (In this example, ill be doing black) Notice how thin i made it, the thinner the harder to see and harder to click it And now upload your new image, and than copy your image url and proceed to next step.
How-To "remove" original register button and add new for are you human. Exampl10

Now that we got the line done and uploaded and the image url copied, we will want to go to our admin panel, and than to display and than finally click headers & navigation. Here you will than see the original register button, click the little gear looking thing:
How-To "remove" original register button and add new for are you human. Exampl11

once here, you will notice that you cant change the url for the register. this is why we are adding a new register image for this which being a really thing line it will look like it isnt there. So now in the picture location paste the url which you copied from the little line that you created in mspaint and uploaded. Click save.

Now you will be back to the main navigation & headers page, below the buttons you will than see "add a customized menu", click that.

Now we will work down the list.
In the menu, add Register.
Picture: You will than add the same picture from the original register button. (Note this is your new register button and you will want this visible, so do not use the line image url u created)
Text: You can leave it blanked or add Register. this will appear when u place the mouse over the button.
Redirection link: Here you will place the url of the html page you created for the are you human page. This page you should have created in your html.

Now you will want to select the rights of who see's the button, ofcourse you dont want anyone thats already registered and logged in to see it, so unselect all of them besides the guest. Doing this will only allow guests to see the button.

Now click save (You can also have it open in a new window, but i usually dont worry about that)

Once again your back to the original headers & navigation page. you will now see that your newly created button is at the bottom. you will want to click the UP arrow until you move the button upto where you would like it to be placed, moving it right below the original register button is idea for this.

Now that all that is done, you should now be done with "hiding" your original register button making it appear hidden and replacing it with a new register button that will than link to the new html page for the are you human verification.

It should be described pretty well, if you have any questions feel free to ask and i can answer them.
RCMZ
Forumember

Language : English

http://mytestforum.activebb.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

How-To "remove" original register button and add new for are you human. Empty Re: How-To "remove" original register button and add new for are you human.

Post by ChadmStraight October 4th 2008, 11:36 am

ok, i didnt read all of it, because i think i understood with just the first paragraph, so forgive me, if my information doesnthelp.

YES, you can not direct a link to an external site with navigation buttons.
However, you can still put a button in the navigation section to eventually direct people there. Theres two ways i know of doing this.

Method 1: Register button will direct people to an extra page on your forums first, then you can direct people from that page.

step1: go to modules, at the bottom click html pages management. add a new page. hopefully you know how to use html, but its ok if you dont, theres not a lot of work to do here.

step2: basically all you have to do is make a good looking picture for people to click on, it will direct them to your site of choice. so create a picture and upload it to photobucket.

step3:edit the photobucket picture code.
you will get something like this

a href="link url" target="_blank" img src="image url" /a

paste your link url into the link url, obviously. now you have a working code that will direct someone to your website.

step4: paste that code in the html source in the create a html page.

step5: for the other options in create a html page, click yes on Do you wish to use your forum page header and page footer ? click no on do you wish to use this as your homepage.

step6: now submit that, and it will give you a link.
probably something that looks like
http://yourforum.net/register-h1.html

copy the register-h1.html

step7: go to display;homepage;headers and nav, click add custom menu, use that link.

step8: now, if you want to "delete" the old register button. make a picture that is 1x1px, same color as your background. upload that as the register pic.

Method 2: covering up the register picture.

step1: save the register button picture, or create your own.

Step2: its probably best if you use step8 of method 1.

step3: im going to want you to kind of use step 7 also, but you dont need that extra link. you can make it any link you want, you will find out soon enough.

step4: ok you should have no regular register button, and should have the new one you just made show up on every page. make sure thats right.

step5: ok, you remember how i told you to save the register button, or create a new one? well upload it to photobucket, and copy and paste the link to a notepad document to edit it.

you code will look like this

(a href="url link")( img src="img link")( /a)

heres what you do, add this code right after img link

style="position:absolute; left: 0px; top: 0px" /

this will allow you to place your image anywhere on your page, on every page. now your code should look like this. dont forget to add your url link to the code

(a href="url link")( img src="img link" style="position:absolute; left: 0px; top: 0px" /)( /a)

step6: go to general; configuration; site description. paste your code there.
your code now shows up on everypage, and will direct people to your link when they click it.

step7: remember the code style="position:absolute; left: 0px; top: 0px" /
well you need to edit it to place your register image over top of the old register image.
left: 0px is going to be left/right. the higher the number, the more RIGHT it will go. top: 0px is going to be up/down, the higher the number, the more DOWN it will go. try to match that up with the register link.

good luck.
ChadmStraight
ChadmStraight
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down