The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spammers

+2
MrMario
noobanator
6 posters

Go down

Spammers Empty Spammers

Post by noobanator September 29th 2008, 12:45 am

ok so recently we have ahad one guy make new Accounts and just post random things constantly we bann his IP and he came back with a Proxy IP.

How do i get rid of him?
noobanator

Language : englsih

Back to top Go down

Spammers Empty Re: Spammers

Post by MrMario September 29th 2008, 12:46 am

ban his email, and de active his account and or delete the account
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by yukisnowflake September 29th 2008, 12:52 am

well, it's so simple in this case. The decision is in your hand since ur are the admin of ur site. No one can help but u, urself. So, Just follow ur heart and do whatever u think are right
yukisnowflake
yukisnowflake
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by noobanator September 29th 2008, 12:55 am

well that dosnt help get rid of them i was asking for advice to make them go away now can someone actually give me an awnser

and to the other guy they just make new account with the Proxy IP
noobanator

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk September 29th 2008, 4:57 am

noobanator wrote:well that dosnt help get rid of them i was asking for advice to make them go away now can someone actually give me an awnser

and to the other guy they just make new account with the Proxy IP

the only thing you can do is ban his email and ip address.
actually unless you just deleted his account then he can always return with the same email.

no ban both email his ip and him afcourse then the only way he can return is with a new email and diff ip. unless he keeps re-registering on diff computers then there's no way for him to return.

no if he's using software that allows you to hide or change you ip address then that's a whole norther matter. and something a tech should be able to help you with.
but chances are he's just RE-registering on friends or other computers with diff ip and email address. he will eventually get sick of doing that and hopefully run out of sources.. dunno but those ip blockers and changes can be a B!!!!!

never delete accounts unless you do not care if they return.. always ban/block both email and ip addresses. that's about all you can do.

or you know what. i had a board called the dog house on one of my old forums. that was place ware people that kept breaking rules were sent to till further notice or contributed a certain amount of post. or finally understood the rules.

so hey if you want.. send his but to the rules board. take all his permissions away and let him rot there HAHAHA that's funny.. but you know what i mean. you have to keep him at bay some how..
as you can see it takes me an awful lot for me to have to ban someone.but thats just me. tell ya what though you'll mess his world all up when he has accesss to one board with no permissions.. hahaha set it so all he can do is view.. just the rules board. ok it sounds kind of mean. but he keeps coming back. breaking your rules so he brought it on him self blackeye
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by noobanator September 29th 2008, 5:30 am

ok thats the response i was lookin for thanks

and now their is a new problem, he managed to not have a name or anything just more spam, im gonna wait it out and keep banning his IP
noobanator

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk September 29th 2008, 9:11 am

noobanator wrote:ok thats the response i was lookin for thanks

and now their is a new problem, he managed to not have a name or anything just more spam, im gonna wait it out and keep banning his IP

thats cool i'm sure he will get tired of it sooner or latter and move on?
one can only hope salut
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord IceMan September 29th 2008, 9:58 am

kirk wrote:
noobanator wrote:ok thats the response i was lookin for thanks

thats cool i'm sure he will get tired of it sooner or latter and move on?
one can only hope salut

On a friend's board I had no such luck. I kept banning the spammer's email addresses and banning his IP, but he just kept coming back with new email addresses and new IP addresses. I know it's the same guy because he has a pattern to how he fills out his profiles. More often then not he doesn't even post anything; just create dozens of accounts, sometimes dozens per day. I know I've deleted easily a hundred accounts from him and banned every single email and IP address he's used and he keeps coming back with new ones.
Lord IceMan
Lord IceMan
Forumember

Male Posts : 88
Language : English

http://iceman.azureforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 29th 2008, 11:31 am

noobanator wrote:ok so recently we have ahad one guy make new Accounts and just post random things constantly we bann his IP and he came back with a Proxy IP.

How do i get rid of him?

there no where of banning him if he change his ip all the time i had the same problem you just have to keep banning his ip but after a few days remove some of his old ips because you could end up banning other people.

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk September 29th 2008, 12:12 pm

spook wrote:
noobanator wrote:ok so recently we have ahad one guy make new Accounts and just post random things constantly we bann his IP and he came back with a Proxy IP.

How do i get rid of him?

there no where of banning him if he change his ip all the time i had the same problem you just have to keep banning his ip but after a few days remove some of his old ips because you could end up banning other people.

see this is messed up guy's.. i think someone needs to pm a tech or admin
to find out if theres anything you can do with people that are able to change there ip or hide them.

i mean there are always ways you can make forum rules on that you have to post so many post before going on to other sections of the forum. but if that's what your not about. then it stinks that you would even have to consider that for one jerk that just wont go away. and what is this. dozens of accounts??? from the same guy.

well sounds like it's time to gather all your close friends good members, get rid of the lurkers, change your forum address, remove your forum from any forum directories and go private.. of all my time of running forums and being on them. i never heard of so many people returning or creating so many accounts at once..

try to get a tech. i for one would be pretty ticked off. and can feel ware you all are coming from on this one.. there is soft ware that will block ip's coming from software that allows you to change it as well. I'll do a Lil research and see if there's a few solid answers i can get for ya's.. in the meantime try to get a tech or admin on there pm. i have noticed this has bin happening to a lot of folks.. it's time to put a stop to these butt heads coming in and ruining peoples forums and taking all the fun away for you and your members.

Last edited by kirk on September 29th 2008, 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by HaXBoX7 September 29th 2008, 12:20 pm

Ban him,But do not delete his account
Many noobs doing this
HaXBoX7
HaXBoX7
Forumember

Male Posts : 718
Language : English,Greek

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk September 29th 2008, 12:27 pm

HaXBoX7 wrote:Ban him,But do not delete his account
Many noobs doing this

yes i have said this above also.
if you are just deleting accounts. they can always return.
make sure that when you are banning them you are doing it correctly.
it's sounds that a few of you are in fact doing it wright. just want to stress that point again.

never delete an account unless you want to allow them to return.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk September 29th 2008, 12:30 pm

kirk wrote:
HaXBoX7 wrote:Ban him,But do not delete his account
Many noobs doing this

yes i have said this above also.
if you are just deleting accounts. they can always return.
make sure that when you are banning them you are doing it correctly.
it's sounds that a few of you are in fact doing it wright. just want to stress that point again.

never delete an account unless you want to allow them to return.

OK here's something that was sent to my pm from a new friend.
Phantom of the opera wrote:
catch his real IP then contact his Internet Service Provider. tell them whats going on and he might get removed from using the internet.

hey it's a long shot but anything is worth trying.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 29th 2008, 12:40 pm

Hmm, isnt there a code to place in a forum that catches Spammers via Proxy?

Back to top Go down