The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Post Editor is borked

4 posters

Go down

Solved My Post Editor is borked

Post by johnnypie November 5th 2008, 9:21 am

The post edit icons, like Bold, Italic, Underscore, ..., etc. have disappeared from my forum. When I tried to edit a post on my board (regular editing, no moderating) I believe I clicked on the last button "Switch Editor Mode" and all the buttons vanished and now all I see is post text, black on black and nearly invisible. Only the last button is still there, but clicking it again doesn't bring back the other buttons. Can someone clue me in on how to switch the editor mode back? TIA.

Last edited by Nessa on November 16th 2008, 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit: To Mark Topic as Solved)
johnnypie

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: My Post Editor is borked

Post by johnnypie November 14th 2008, 8:03 am

Sorry for double post but I still can't figure this out so I'll try adding a screen in hopes it better explains my issue. Hopefully someone knows how to fix this? I have a bad feeling it's something so simple I'm going to feel stupid, but I'm stumped and have nowhere else to turn.

My Post Editor is borked Forumcap

The Edit Tools are gone and I can't get them back. Also, the text is black on black unless highlighted as shown.
Or perhaps someone might be able to do a test post and try to edit it?

Any help would be appreciated. Again, TIA. My Forum
johnnypie

Back to top Go down

Post by astrodene November 14th 2008, 8:35 am

This happens to me sometimes. Just seems to be an intermittent fault. You can try clearing Temporary internet files and refreshing the page or if youv'e got an alternative browser it will probably be working in that. Don't know if anyone else has found a permanent fix for it.
astrodene
astrodene
Forumember

Male Posts : 181

http://historicnavalfiction.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk November 14th 2008, 11:08 am

astrodene wrote:This happens to me sometimes. Just seems to be an intermittent fault. You can try clearing Temporary internet files and refreshing the page or if youv'e got an alternative browser it will probably be working in that. Don't know if anyone else has found a permanent fix for it.

i just do what you said. it has happen to me in the past but not much.
it's like the whole page just has not finished loading. clear all your cookies and browsing history then close you browser and go back. that usually works.
if not you have to wait a bit . it will clear up.. it should
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnypie November 16th 2008, 11:02 am

kirk wrote:
astrodene wrote:This happens to me sometimes. Just seems to be an intermittent fault. You can try clearing Temporary internet files and refreshing the page or if youv'e got an alternative browser it will probably be working in that. Don't know if anyone else has found a permanent fix for it.

i just do what you said. it has happen to me in the past but not much.
it's like the whole page just has not finished loading. clear all your cookies and browsing history then close you browser and go back. that usually works.
if not you have to wait a bit . it will clear up.. it should

This worked Exclamation Thanks Astrodene and Kirk.

Very good

Mods can mark this thread as SOLVED batman
johnnypie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa November 16th 2008, 5:20 pm

Since this problem appears to be resolved, I will lock this topic now.

=> Locked
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down