The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it possible to make the portal page, your homepage?

4 posters

Go down

Is it possible to make the portal page, your homepage? Empty Is it possible to make the portal page, your homepage?

Post by may89 November 5th 2008, 6:21 pm

Was wondering if that could be achieved. I really like the portal design and would love to have it as the main page when people type the website url.

Thanks in advance!
may89

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to make the portal page, your homepage? Empty Re: Is it possible to make the portal page, your homepage?

Post by Guest November 5th 2008, 6:46 pm

Hello Smile

From what i remember the Portal once activated should act as the Homepage automatically, It replaces your homepage

So if you type www.whatever.com and you have the portal active you should be taken straight to the portal Smile

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to make the portal page, your homepage? Empty Re: Is it possible to make the portal page, your homepage?

Post by may89 November 5th 2008, 7:11 pm

Really!
I activated my portal. And I have the portal button on the top near home.
But when I type the forum url, I get my previous homepage instead.

Any idea why?
Thanks for answering btw!
may89

Back to top Go down

Post by may89 November 5th 2008, 7:12 pm

OK nvm!
It worked!

LOL!
Thanks again.
may89

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 5th 2008, 7:13 pm

lol glad it works now Smile

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by emma13583 November 14th 2008, 10:04 pm

hi i would like the portal as our homepage too it is activated but takes me straight to the board index/forum

any ideas
emma13583
emma13583

Female Posts : 1

http://www.relaxncha.77forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonspike November 14th 2008, 10:12 pm

Placehold wrote:Hello Smile

From what i remember the Portal once activated should act as the Homepage automatically, It replaces your homepage

So if you type www.whatever.com and you have the portal active you should be taken straight to the portal Smile

Regards

Craig

Craig, could you not just add to your Hompage Address from the 'Admin Panel' to have the Portal link to it.. by this I mean.

For Example:
http//:yourforumnamme.forumotion.com/portal

Or something along these lines.

?? ..Possible.. ??
Demonspike
Demonspike
Forumember

Male Posts : 458

http://darkrealms.roleplaylife.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 14th 2008, 10:23 pm

I believe it is set up to automatically replace the Homepage (main forum section), Unfortunately i dont think its possible to set the forum as the main homepage at the same time as having the portal active,
I think the techs should add an option to do this though Smile

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by gemma November 14th 2008, 10:27 pm

it don't seem to be working it hasn't gone as our home page
gemma

Female Posts : 21
Language : english

Back to top Go down