The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help please! I'm new to this and I can't get my group to accept new members

2 posters

Go down

Help please! I'm new to this and I can't get my group to accept new members Empty Help please! I'm new to this and I can't get my group to accept new members

Post by armywife353 November 25th 2008, 4:28 am

I have an MSN group which I need to find a new home for and this looked like a good option.
I'm gradually finding my way around but I can't seem to get my group to allow new members to register......it just gives the message 'Administrators have forbidden any new members'
I'd be incredibly grateful if anyone could shed any light as to why this would be and give me any solutions.
Many thanks from a fast learning forumotion virgin!
armywife353

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Help please! I'm new to this and I can't get my group to accept new members Empty Re: Help please! I'm new to this and I can't get my group to accept new members

Post by Guest November 25th 2008, 4:34 am

Admin> Users and groups> User options> allow members to register.

Back to top Go down

Help please! I'm new to this and I can't get my group to accept new members Empty Re: Help please! I'm new to this and I can't get my group to accept new members

Post by armywife353 November 25th 2008, 4:38 am

Hi there - thanks for such a quick reply.
Yup, I have the dot in the little 'yes' circle next to the option 'Allow new members' but it still doesn't appear to work........ Confused
armywife353

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 25th 2008, 4:40 am

Are people able to register and do they get a admin approval message? If so, go to admin panel. users and groups and then press validate, and then you can validate new members.

Back to top Go down

Post by armywife353 November 25th 2008, 4:47 am

No, nobody can register.
When they click Register, they get the message 'Administrators have forbidden any new members'
They don't even get as far as getting an admin approval message.
armywife353

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 25th 2008, 4:51 am

Hmm, are you sure you have the option on the right circle to allow sign ups? otherwise, I have no idea sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by armywife353 November 25th 2008, 4:54 am

okay thanks for trying.......I def have the right dot in the right circle.....does anyone else have any ideas??
armywife353

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket November 25th 2008, 4:58 am

In admin panel,
General>forum>configuration

Forum in construction : Check No
Forum on holiday : Check No

See if this works?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by armywife353 November 25th 2008, 5:18 am

YESSSSSSSSs!!! It worked, thank you thank you thank you :-)
armywife353

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket November 25th 2008, 5:29 am

Glad i could help. Smile
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down