The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to create an embassy? Need manual for the group tool

Go down

How to create an embassy? Need manual for the group tool Empty How to create an embassy? Need manual for the group tool

Post by cooper April 2nd 2007, 6:01 pm

Hello,

I wanna create an embassy. By now i have a forum with an open area for all, and the main area only for registered users. Now i want to ceate an catagory named embassy. In the embassy-category i want to create Forums(eg Forum for the xyalliance, Forum for player xyz).

Permissions as followed:

Forum xy alliance --> members of xy alliance (i can give permission individual) and automaticly all the registered members of my main forum.

Meaning i want that players of the xy alliance only can have access to the Forum xy alliance, and the player xyz only to the Forum xyz.
While the members of my alliance should have permissions to all Forums of the catgory embassy.

----

So how can i create / manage such???

---

I searched myself and always crossed the group tool, so i assume this will be the one to use, also i found its manual:

https://help.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=69

but i fully dont understand anything, nor if it really would be the solution for my problem.

So could anybodody here give me an EASY-to understand step by step guide to create such an embassy?
cooper

Male Posts : 2
Language : English

http://www.awusc.goodforum.net

Back to top Go down

How to create an embassy? Need manual for the group tool Empty Re: How to create an embassy? Need manual for the group tool

Post by Wiegraf April 3rd 2007, 4:43 am

Hello and welcome.

Because you are new, here are useful links where you can look for answers :

Arrow Frequently Asked Questions
Arrow List of the Frequently Asked Questions' topics
Arrow Tricks & Tips
Arrow List of the Tricks & Tips topics
Arrow The Search feature
Arrow The FAQ of Editboard.com

Moreover, if you don't find the answer for your question, don't hesitate to open a new topic since this section is made for this !

.::To answer to your question ::.

First of all, you need to create 3 forums :
- forum xy
- forum xyz
- forum abc

Here's a tutorial about it :
Clic here (in your case, you want to creat "sub-forums" Wink )

Set all the permissions on "GROUPS" Wink

Then create 3 groups :
- group xy
- group xyz
- group of you alliance's members (let's say abc)

To do that, everything is explained in the tutorial you spoke about Wink

You have to give the groups "permissions"

To do that, go to :
Admin Pannel > Group Admin > Management

Clic on "permissions" (at the right of the group), and allow the group to access its private section, by clicking "Allowed Access" next to the section.

Repeat this for the 2 other groups, and everything should be ok Wink

MK
Wiegraf

Back to top Go down

How to create an embassy? Need manual for the group tool Empty Re: How to create an embassy? Need manual for the group tool

Post by cooper July 10th 2007, 6:55 pm

Ok i changed the tree of my embassy category and have created there 3 forums, now it looks as followed:

category: embassy
forum: embassy
sub forum 1: xy
sub forum 2: xyz
sub forum 3: abc

do you mean like that?

while if abc is for the ally members, i have no idea what that sub forum should be good for, however i have created it

Permissions are set on "groups" btw do i have to set ALL permissions on "groups" or only the ones i would like em to have (like the first 4 ones)?

also i created the groups and i have given em "Allowed Access".

----

I guess to have followed the steps, but am afraid that im not done, am i, so how can i give an xy member access to the xy subforum?

usually new players register, then i can activate the account, but then the player becomes fully "member", thats what i not want. But if however i want to add an user : usergroups --> add member, i only can add fully member
cooper

Male Posts : 2
Language : English

http://www.awusc.goodforum.net

Back to top Go down