The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Beta' test forum discovered.

+5
MrMario
Nessa
RikaComet
Doctor Inferno
Jalokim
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

'Beta' test forum discovered. Empty 'Beta' test forum discovered.

Post by Guest January 31st 2009, 8:45 pm

Edit Caihlem; This topic isn't about the future update for all the forums that the technicians of ForuMotion are busy working on. This thread is about the works of Placehold (who isn't a payed technician of ForuMotion)

Hey,

This information was not found by myself, I am simply posting about it...

When a friend of mine was surfing all the forums he was a member of, he discovered a new post in the announcements section on one of the forums...

Heres what it reads:

Hello

On Monday 02/02/2009 TWS staff have decided to make a start on publicly testing the new V5 theme and forum applications never seen before on Forumotion boards.

The staff will upload everything including some new features, The features are as follows

New stylish theme
Sidebar navigation
Praise facility (Will remain a beta)
Profile comments
New easier to navigate Forum selection page
New icons
New staff Badges/Rank Badges
New topic layout
New Addition to the TWS staff
New surprise forum (This will be announced after the launch)
Smaller forum size
Larger fonts
"Status" section is C/P that appears on Posts (Similar to that of myspace, facebook and bebo)
New profile drop down icons
New edit, quote and delete buttons
New logo/Banner

Hopefully this will be rolled out to ALL forumotion boards eventually, Using TWS as the pilot forum.

The main concern for the staff is that members may feel lost when they first access the forum, So we have decided to remove the current homepage and replace it, Upon entering the forum users will be faced with a 2 -3 lines of images, On each line is 5 images which represent and are linked to different forum section.

Simply hover over the images to get a text pop up letting you know what the forum section is. This may seem confusing however upon testing it proved to be fairly efficient as you will be able to see ALL the forum sections without having to scroll down the page.

The main forum sections can ALWAYS be located on the vertical navigation bar which will be found to the left of the forum.
We are also currently testing new images appearing once a new post is added to each section as it normally does, The only difference will be the displayed image.

If you do find that it is confusing or overly confusing please let a staff member know or post your feeling into the new discussion section that will be created for the beta theme on Monday.

There will be glitches and we have anticipated these glitches however they should be small, few and far between.Any concerns please feel free to contact our customer team or myself.

Regards
Placehold

Now I hope most of you know where to find his forum if you want to see the update beta testing in progress because I will not give out the link here..

Cant hide from us placehold What a Face

Drag~

[EDIT]

And please Caihlem and Placehold dont skin me alove because i flooded TechWebSupport *cough*techwebsupport.com*cough* with members that will leave after the update is out

Back to top Go down

'Beta' test forum discovered. Empty Re: 'Beta' test forum discovered.

Post by Jalokim February 1st 2009, 11:34 am

I don't get this message at all...
partially because I'm a beta tester on placeholds site and I've already seen a lot of these mods in action.
tomorrow is the unleash... really cool stuff going on there.

You see... all you wanna be forum founders... a little bit of html /css /javascript knowledge won't fry your brain it'll make your life easier.
Spoiler:
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno February 1st 2009, 1:37 pm

Jalokim, you should get it on your e-mail.
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Language : GeekPolice

http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 1st 2009, 2:06 pm

well Jalo you cannot deny that that site will be a beta testing site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim February 1st 2009, 3:04 pm

Doctor Inferno wrote:Jalokim, you should get it on your e-mail.

yes I know... I also managed to read it on the TWS forum and on the TWS beta forum.
Which brings me to dragons comment.

TWS won't become a beta site, it will be more of a pioneer site. Placehold has got many beta site on which he test many new installments... i doubt his original and official TWs will be a beta.
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by RikaComet February 1st 2009, 3:13 pm

so has placehold been recruited to the forumotion technical team?
well that would explain where he is~

well it shouldn't be a surprise given his knowledge .. of css and html and other things and he has been a dependable person also~ Razz
RikaComet
RikaComet
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1536
Language : English , Hindi , Arabic , Urdu, Japenese , Punjabi , German

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 1st 2009, 3:14 pm

Haha.. I just went to the site and wouldn't you know it.. it says it's been closed for essential maintenance. <_< But what I DID notice is that the header (which spans the entire board width) is what I used to have on my forum but now don't and that I have posted this issue with no help. If that site is Forumotion Powered, then why don't we all have what we started with when we were given the Invision upgrade?

Sorry to ramble off-topic there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 1st 2009, 3:27 pm

Ok if that is all the Update, then I wanna know why Canceo would say that I would like it. As Could be 86 said looks like a bunch of bells and whistles.

Still no chat fix.

Are you surer that placehold isnt making a announcement for updates HE is making on HIS site? The icons, images new are making me wonder that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa February 1st 2009, 4:10 pm

RikaComet wrote:so has placehold been recruited to the forumotion technical team?
well that would explain where he is~

well it shouldn't be a surprise given his knowledge .. of css and html and other things and he has been a dependable person also~ Razz

Woah, Hold on guys. No one said anywhere that Placehold is working with forumotion as a Techie, nor that any of his recent updates have anything to do persay with the Forumotion updates. So please, before all the Hooting and Hollering ensues here, please lets just take a step back and think about where this is going. Confused

Drag, what did you bring here? ))
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 1st 2009, 4:23 pm

Agreed Nessa It looks as placehold is mentioning in parts of the myspace hint that Typlo hinted about.

But then again if that update comes out tommarow then we will know Placehold has inside information.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 1st 2009, 4:23 pm

Drag, what did you bring here?

alot more than i thought i would, and i kinds like it Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 1st 2009, 4:26 pm

Ah my apprentice Drag has made me proud!! :wouhou:

LOL Chaos on Forumotion, isn't it lovely?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa February 1st 2009, 4:32 pm

Dungeon Master wrote:Ah my apprentice Drag has made me proud!! :wouhou:

Laughing Shush Kilsek, It's superbowl sunday, grab a beer and simmer down! 'Beta' test forum discovered. Razz

Maybe we should just let the almighty Placehold explain for himself what these new updates of his are about before members start flipping their lids here. Wink
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 1st 2009, 4:39 pm

placehold never is here anymore, and a good amount of the members are European so they wont know heads nor tails about superbowl sunday, they'll be home drinking tea 'Beta' test forum discovered. Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 1st 2009, 4:46 pm

Nessa wrote:
Dungeon Master wrote:Ah my apprentice Drag has made me proud!! :wouhou:

Laughing Shush Kilsek, It's superbowl sunday, grab a beer and simmer down! 'Beta' test forum discovered. Razz

Maybe we should just let the almighty Placehold explain for himself what these new updates of his are about before members start flipping their lids here. Wink

Indeed Nessa I will keep quiet as I have promised you, Skittles, and Ms. Caihlem to keep myself in check with the updates for now one.

Besides I already am drinking.:wouhou:

Besides, Placehold is a smart fella and if he is working with the tech team then good for him. :wouhou:

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario February 1st 2009, 5:02 pm

Jalokim wrote:I don't get this message at all...
partially because I'm a beta tester on placeholds site and I've already seen a lot of these mods in action.
tomorrow is the unleash... really cool stuff going on there.

You see... all you wanna be forum founders... a little bit of html /css /javascript knowledge won't fry your brain it'll make your life easier.
Spoiler:

I'm a beta tester on his site with Jalokim. But doesn't mean this stuff is forumotions updates.

What we need to do is just chill out till we get more information from Typlo. Also Placehold did say he got a promotion from work so that's kind of why he hasn't been online.

Last edited by MrMario on February 1st 2009, 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 1st 2009, 5:04 pm

ookk. well typlo isnt goin to give us any more hints...

Drag~

Back to top Go down

Post by RikaComet February 1st 2009, 5:06 pm

haha its so cool out here.. man Kilsek you rock at jokes! salut lol!

anyways I only asked if placehold is working with the techies , see the question mark at the end ...

as i said in another topic .. techies take your time but don't disappoint us ..
my needs are related to how to better customize my forum.. i mean i need more freedom.. anyways sorry to go off topic .. I have been to the site a few times but nothing suspicious huhohi

well probabaly even if there was some association in techies and placeholds site, they would have moved somewhere else already~

also i don't want to know wat the udates are before they are released
i like surprises man!
anyways mods ..sorry if anything my question above caused so i will refrain from these in future~ ;P
RikaComet
RikaComet
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1536
Language : English , Hindi , Arabic , Urdu, Japenese , Punjabi , German

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim February 1st 2009, 9:17 pm

It was rika who started this rampage....
No-where in this post did I or the members above my first post say anything about the help forum !
but then rika wrote something about being hired and look what happened Razz
Placehold has made additions to his forum... his very own TWS...
he has not been hired by forumotion...

lol you are all nut heads... Razz where on earth did you get that thought?
I mean if you read the email dragonfir quoted you see all over that placehold is refering to TWS.
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 1st 2009, 9:26 pm

Jalokim wrote:It was rika who started this rampage....
No-where in this post did I or the members above my first post say anything about the help forum !
but then rika wrote something about being hired and look what happened Razz
Placehold has made additions to his forum... his very own TWS...
he has not been hired by forumotion...

lol you are all nut heads... Razz where on earth did you get that thought?
I mean if you read the email dragonfir quoted you see all over that placehold is refering to TWS.

That is what I though.

It looks to me he is changeing to the invision theme and redoing some images.

The thing Jalo, is that he mentions about the "myspace stuff" and that the changes will be Feb 2. If he dont have inside info then how can he add the myspace stuff on Feb 2?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 1st 2009, 9:38 pm

Lmao

Hey chaps and gals Smile

I apologise officially for my absence, I was seriously ill for the full of December, Without going into details i was in hospital for a while, when i got back to work i was then dumped with a new roll out for the company i work for which has eaten up ALL of my time recently.

I also apologise for the email that was sent out, Perhaps worded slightly tight however i would like to think as Jalokim stated that MY TWS forum would be a pioneer forum and that once all the bugs have been routed out of the forum that ALL of you guys would benefit from the adjustments i have managed to make.

Unfortunately i don't work for the tech team and i dont want to steal any sunshine from them as they do work hard to try and enhance the forums and experience.

Anyways all said and done, The beta is officially open to the public on the main TWS site, There are currently two features still being tested which if all goes well i will add myself in the next few weeks

Also there is a surprise update to TWS which will be considered as a service of TWS, Again hopefully all you guys will benefit from this.

Keep your eyes open guys Razz

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim February 1st 2009, 9:52 pm

A mark of a master... interpret it to your liking.
I hope you add the new stuff on the beta forum first... nudge nudge
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem February 1st 2009, 9:56 pm

Disclaimer added, please excuse me Drag, but I thought it best to add it Wink
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Beno February 1st 2009, 10:01 pm

OMG!! I can't belive the things you've added to tws. Its Amazing!!!
*puts hand up, can be a beta tester? lol
Beno
Beno
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3024

http://www.benwhitedesign.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 1st 2009, 10:24 pm

its fine Caihlem. And Placehold if you were able to add these things without the help from the techies, why dont you just tell us how to do them? We could be our own Beta testers.

and I hope yo dont mind placehold, but im going to try to find a way to replicate this...

Drag~

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim February 1st 2009, 10:28 pm

dragonfir731 wrote:its fine Caihlem. And Placehold if you were able to add these things without the help from the techies, why dont you just tell us how to do them? We could be our own Beta testers.

Drag~

aha ha aha ha ah ... like I said placehold... you showed the world the mods... they'll come running with requests... and if I am not wrong it was you who told me to keep some things away from the public...
Spoiler:
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 1st 2009, 10:34 pm

I have a fantastic team of staff and beta testers behind me however the only reason i haven't yet revealed to you all how everything is done is because by overloading the testing site with users would make the beta unstable thus making it harder to work out the bugs .

Now that the beta has gone live the team are carefully watching everything and will be for the rest of the week, Once we satisfied we have caught all the bugs there will be a release of tutorials Very Happy

Hopefully everyone can then enjoy the tweaks, updates and new features Very Happy

hahahahaha your correct Jalokim, You are correct however sometimes people need a little something more when it appears there's nothing, There will be some things that i cannot and will not reveal or share but i am a fair person.

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 1st 2009, 10:49 pm

... so you are saying that if the beta did not go live the testing would go faster?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 1st 2009, 10:54 pm

Well you have to have the correct balance, Too much testing and beta testers means a longer wait for the results, Too small and too short and the results wont be accurate.

The beta testing has been carried out in this example by a medium sized team, 8-12 members and the wait time was respectable Smile

All we are doing now is watching people use the facilities and cleaning up the codes and any issues that may occur through the course of use Very Happy

Hopefully though by the end of the week we should have some tutorials Razz

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 1st 2009, 10:59 pm

nice, but i already have your css and html code, and am busy making a copy so i can see how to safely edit it. (at least I am trying)

Hope this is ok
Drag~

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next