The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Beta' test forum discovered.

+5
MrMario
Nessa
RikaComet
Doctor Inferno
Jalokim
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

'Beta' test forum discovered. - Page 3 Empty 'Beta' test forum discovered.

Post by Guest January 31st 2009, 8:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Edit Caihlem; This topic isn't about the future update for all the forums that the technicians of ForuMotion are busy working on. This thread is about the works of Placehold (who isn't a payed technician of ForuMotion)

Hey,

This information was not found by myself, I am simply posting about it...

When a friend of mine was surfing all the forums he was a member of, he discovered a new post in the announcements section on one of the forums...

Heres what it reads:

Hello

On Monday 02/02/2009 TWS staff have decided to make a start on publicly testing the new V5 theme and forum applications never seen before on Forumotion boards.

The staff will upload everything including some new features, The features are as follows

New stylish theme
Sidebar navigation
Praise facility (Will remain a beta)
Profile comments
New easier to navigate Forum selection page
New icons
New staff Badges/Rank Badges
New topic layout
New Addition to the TWS staff
New surprise forum (This will be announced after the launch)
Smaller forum size
Larger fonts
"Status" section is C/P that appears on Posts (Similar to that of myspace, facebook and bebo)
New profile drop down icons
New edit, quote and delete buttons
New logo/Banner

Hopefully this will be rolled out to ALL forumotion boards eventually, Using TWS as the pilot forum.

The main concern for the staff is that members may feel lost when they first access the forum, So we have decided to remove the current homepage and replace it, Upon entering the forum users will be faced with a 2 -3 lines of images, On each line is 5 images which represent and are linked to different forum section.

Simply hover over the images to get a text pop up letting you know what the forum section is. This may seem confusing however upon testing it proved to be fairly efficient as you will be able to see ALL the forum sections without having to scroll down the page.

The main forum sections can ALWAYS be located on the vertical navigation bar which will be found to the left of the forum.
We are also currently testing new images appearing once a new post is added to each section as it normally does, The only difference will be the displayed image.

If you do find that it is confusing or overly confusing please let a staff member know or post your feeling into the new discussion section that will be created for the beta theme on Monday.

There will be glitches and we have anticipated these glitches however they should be small, few and far between.Any concerns please feel free to contact our customer team or myself.

Regards
Placehold

Now I hope most of you know where to find his forum if you want to see the update beta testing in progress because I will not give out the link here..

Cant hide from us placehold What a Face

Drag~

[EDIT]

And please Caihlem and Placehold dont skin me alove because i flooded TechWebSupport *cough*techwebsupport.com*cough* with members that will leave after the update is out

Back to top Go down

'Beta' test forum discovered. - Page 3 Empty Re: 'Beta' test forum discovered.

Post by Guest February 2nd 2009, 5:15 pm

Caihlem wrote:Thanks loove
Can we get back ontopic or do I warn you for public display of intolerance and incomprehension? (Otherwise called Denial) ))

I thought Denial was a river in Egypt?

But seriously, so you are telling us since Placehold provides coding support (like many others do while he hasn't been here) and does not call updates; oh I don't know crap/useless etc, he is able to get to delete his footer?

So basically, you can't criticize Forumotion is straight forward (what you are thinking about) terms!

Gotcha! Now I understand.

Thank you both Caihlem and Typlo. I am NOT trying to be a smart ass but just want to help close this topic on a good note.

Besides, Placehold is well deserved

Back to top Go down

Post by RikaComet February 2nd 2009, 5:24 pm

yes i agree , placehold is a skillfull person and an indispensable asset for forumotion users~

I think he should be allowed to not use those footer ~

Also as his using the site to beta test .. having that footer is a pain in the ***
As for you steve your using it for other purposes and not one forum many forums, you have said so yourself so there's should be no problem, but if it is so much bothering to see you can pay for them to be removed ..i think that would be acceptable to forumotion management,

Confused

Anyways no hard feelings towards you brother.. I can understand you may be littleangry(or exploding with anger) but try not to take it out on the staff here
what typlo said is just company policy and there's no damn person here who can change it Rolling Eyes

Last edited by RikaComet on February 2nd 2009, 5:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
RikaComet
RikaComet
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1536
Language : English , Hindi , Arabic , Urdu, Japenese , Punjabi , German

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow February 2nd 2009, 5:26 pm

You can criticize if you wish, but since when criticizing a service allows you to have privileges? Never.
So i'm wondering why you people are arguing about über users who've past the last months/years helping us out efficiently here, and that logically are getting bonuses you don't have : just compare your contributions here to their contributions, and the answer should be clear to you.

But wait, I'll add a new rule in our TOS : "criticizing constantly our service for a few years without actually helping out in some efficient way to make it grow will avoid you having any special bonus from us."

And regarding the footer links, they aren't customizable in any way, they are bound to stay as they are.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow February 2nd 2009, 5:35 pm

Now I would appreciate people getting back ontopic, because it's rather tiring for me, and for other regular users to spoil interesting topics with useless and jealous arguments like this.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 2nd 2009, 7:23 pm

I think it may be time for us non uber members to withdraw our help from this forum, I think answers on the lines of "yes I know the answer to your question but I am not an uber member you will have to wait for one of them to come on".
Let the privileged uber menschen answer all of the questions.
I bought template editing after it was mentioned by staff on here as the way to remove the footer links.
I also signed up for a forum provider that clearly stated no ads.
Is the footer removal going to soon be offered at a ridiculous rate as the ad removal went up when we were foisted with ads?
I think its about time the owners of forumotion let us the undesirable forum users know the plans.
Typlo your answers smack of total arrogance I suggest you either have an English staff member check before you post or use a better translator, its not a dig but its how your recent posts about this subject have come across to us English speakers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa February 2nd 2009, 7:51 pm

Couldbe, with all due respect, I understand your questioning. But as an English speaker myself here I understand what Typlo means in retrospect to his posts here, about it being tiresome to constantly keep addressing off topic issues not specifically related to this subject of Placehold's forum updates but more of a personal question for all members forums. We do have a topic open specifically for such questions here. Please let's keep this topic from escalating any further in the wrong direction. Wink
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem February 2nd 2009, 8:02 pm

I'll be clear about this one LAST time before heads do fall;
Don't like it here => Piss off

We precisly refused a V.I.P rank because of this kind of bullshit. If you guys can't distinguish between hard earnt advantages and simple usage, then I feel for you. I myself do not possess these famouse benefits, yet I have been on far longer than any of you. See me bitching about it?
Couldbe86, consider yourself Uberlucky I'm not according you a serious warning for the dig on Typlo's language. It may not be perfect, but it's more than acceptable as it's perfectly comprehensible. Since when do we need to be PhD's in English Language to be allowed to post. On that note, you guys mention the techies never coming.... Their translated enligh would be far far worse - choose your logic and stick to it Rolling Eyes

At that, I'm locking this topic seen as people don't seem interested in returning ontopic
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3