The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Movie (Love it or Hate it?)

+25
BlindingAngel
Riley
Xiso
Cornelia
Chatz
TommyDnB
TigTrivers
dragonintel
Lady Vala
jh
Master Marc
AngelofMusiikki
Rok
Xiroas
Runescape4
ImProviser
WickedSoul
ParadiseKid
CANADIEN
Tarogasini
Fusion
Caihlem
TODD$TER
Nessa
NikiNovocaine
29 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What did you think about the Twilight movie?

Twilight Movie (Love it or Hate it?) Left1132%Twilight Movie (Love it or Hate it?) Right11 32% 
[ 15 ]
Twilight Movie (Love it or Hate it?) Left114%Twilight Movie (Love it or Hate it?) Right11 4% 
[ 2 ]
Twilight Movie (Love it or Hate it?) Left1117%Twilight Movie (Love it or Hate it?) Right11 17% 
[ 8 ]
Twilight Movie (Love it or Hate it?) Left1113%Twilight Movie (Love it or Hate it?) Right11 13% 
[ 6 ]
Twilight Movie (Love it or Hate it?) Left1134%Twilight Movie (Love it or Hate it?) Right11 34% 
[ 16 ]

Total Votes : 47

Twilight Movie (Love it or Hate it?) Empty Twilight Movie (Love it or Hate it?)

Post by NikiNovocaine February 6th 2009, 4:43 pm

I'm going to be honest, I absolutely hated the Twilight movie. And before anyone jumps to conclusions, yes, I did read the books and they were pretty good with the exception of the last one but I won't get into that. Anyway, there were a few reasons I couldn't stand the movie.
1) Some of the most important parts were either completely cut out or they were cut short.
-Seriously, if you haven't read the books and you've seen the movie, when the second movie rolls around and you go see it something might be in there that relates to the first but they didn't add it in the first movie, how are you going to understand what's going on?

2) A lot of people say they're not happy with the actors, not me. I've watched Kirsten and Rob in other movies and they were great. The person I'm bugging about is the director, after all she does tell them what to do. She's a great director, example, Lords of Dog Town, Thirteen, so on, but I honestly don't think this was her style of movie...

And last but not least

3) The music, the Twilight theme appears to be a piano, seeing as, of course, it was played through out the entire movie. It really annoyed me. The "theme" was just someone hitting the same 5 notes over and over again. That kind of repetition for an hour and some does not go over well with me.

Now I know a lot of people won't agree with me as a lot of the people, I noticed, were narrow minded when they went to see it and keep saying it was great just because it has romance and it's based on they're favorite book, no offense by the way, I'm not saying anyone's dumb or anything. Just please take the time to put aside the delicious boy (-_-) and the fact that it's one of your favorite books, and think, was the movie really that great?

So love it or hate it, you tell me, and tell me why you loved it or hated it.
NikiNovocaine
NikiNovocaine
Forumember

Female Posts : 33
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Twilight Movie (Love it or Hate it?) Empty Re: Twilight Movie (Love it or Hate it?)

Post by Nessa February 7th 2009, 12:52 pm

Hello Hi Niki, Well honestly, I saw the movie 1st then started reading the books.

I loved the movie, as well as most of the books. " Eclipse " being my favorite of the books. I'm reading the last book now " Breaking Dawn " And I'm not really impressed at the way things are going, but generally speaking I love the storyline with the whole vampires and werewolves being enemies yet becoming friendly and working together. I will most probably see the next movie as well out of pure curiosity. I understand what you mean with the whole parts being left out of the movie, which does seem to make the books better by far. I just wish they'd have made a complete movie of all the books in one shot instead of the way the decided to do it one movie for each book. :/
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down

Twilight Movie (Love it or Hate it?) Empty Re: Twilight Movie (Love it or Hate it?)

Post by NikiNovocaine February 7th 2009, 3:43 pm

Yeah I know what you mean there I think if they had done that it would have probably been better. I admit I didn't like the first movie but I will see the second just because it is, of course, Twilight, Razz hopefully I'll like it better this time.
NikiNovocaine
NikiNovocaine
Forumember

Female Posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by TODD$TER February 16th 2009, 8:59 am

Je n'ai pas aimé qu'il parce que c'était trop d'idylle et pas assez d'action. Honnêtement, je n'ai jamais aimé que les livres et n'a pas aimé le film. C'était juste une perte d'argent. A moins que vous aimez l'idylle, alors vous n'apprécierez pas ce film à tout.
TODD$TER

Language : French

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem February 16th 2009, 6:46 pm

Either take the frog out of your mouth and realise this is an english forum

Or

Cliquer ici
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fusion February 16th 2009, 7:03 pm

never watched it so
Fusion
Fusion
Forumember

Male Posts : 420

http://misteryx.do-goo.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini February 16th 2009, 8:42 pm

Neither did i. And i have no idea what this thread is doing here to be honest. I mean... Its about a movie. On a support forum. What the fuck ?!?

Despite the fact that i listen to French rap quite a lot, every time i hear them speaking ( not raping ) or read French... I hear only :

Omlette du fromage

Razz
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351

Back to top Go down

Post by CANADIEN February 17th 2009, 4:33 am

I have yet to indulge in the Twilight series, however I'm not sure if I ever will.
CANADIEN
CANADIEN
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1312
Language : English, French

Back to top Go down

Post by ParadiseKid February 17th 2009, 5:41 am

There a only a few things in this world that I 'hate'. And Twilight isn't one of them. However, I do dislike the Twilight movie and book series. It's not my cup of tea and I don't think it ever will be.
ParadiseKid
ParadiseKid
Forumember

Male Posts : 284

Back to top Go down

Post by WickedSoul February 22nd 2009, 9:42 pm

I loved reading the Twilight series books. Of course, New Moon was not my favorite, for obvious reasons.

I actually watched the movie first, and fell in love with it. So then I went and read all of the books within like a weeks time. I really can't complain about the movie too much. There were a few more things I would have liked to be included, but oh well. I just hope they don't muck up New Moon or Eclipes, or BD if they're going to make that one.
WickedSoul
WickedSoul
Forumember

Female Posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by ImProviser February 22nd 2009, 9:43 pm

i loved the movie... its really interesting (my opinion)
ImProviser
ImProviser
Forumember

Male Posts : 617
Language : Serbian, English, Deutsch

http://www.team-xenon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Runescape4 February 24th 2009, 10:46 am

To be honest,
Never heard of it?
Runescape4
Runescape4
Forumember

Male Posts : 42
Language : Australian

http://runescapefour.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiroas March 14th 2009, 1:30 pm

I saw the movie... and honestly think it was one of the most overrated, poorly acted, poorly written movies I have seen in a while, it didn't help that with every scene with the 'cute boys' all the girls in the audience would shriek in the high-pitched noise I would get used to when I would see any popular movie to book adaptation with a 'cute' male character on the opening day.

Is it bad that I want to slap every person I see with the twilight shirts and say, "Stop supporting a commodity!"?
Xiroas
Xiroas
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by WickedSoul March 16th 2009, 4:30 pm

Hmm, well tell us how you really feel.

I wear my Twilight shirt proudly.
Hehe, and even better if it annoys a Twi-hater.
WickedSoul
WickedSoul
Forumember

Female Posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok March 25th 2009, 3:42 am

The movie was good, but it skipped a few chapters from the Twilight book. Also, the next Twilight series movie that's coming out is New Moon. I've read the beggining of it, but I'm not thinking about finishing it.
Also, the author was creating her latest book, Midnight Sun, but she gave some of the book to a publisher (who unfortunately posted it on the web), so she's not going to even finish it. I'm going to read that one online- well, what's left of it.
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelofMusiikki March 30th 2009, 6:41 am

I loved it! The movie anyways...I am buying the books this week. Smile
AngelofMusiikki
AngelofMusiikki

Female Posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc March 30th 2009, 8:26 pm

I loved the movie...

Can't wait for the other 3 to come out...

I voted Loved it...
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok March 31st 2009, 12:03 am

I haven't voted yet, but like I said before :

The movie was good, but it skipped a few chapters from the Twilight book.
So, I vote 'Ehh, in between'
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc March 31st 2009, 2:03 pm

Rok wrote:I haven't voted yet, but like I said before :

I know Rok...

They had to shorten it so it would be nice and short...
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Twilight Movie (Love it or Hate it?) Empty Another detailed Poll regarding the movie

Post by jh April 2nd 2009, 10:53 pm

I want to get more info on what types of people liked the movie or not:

http://www.kwiksurveys.com/online-survey.php?surveyID=HOHHF_b440512e
jh

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok April 2nd 2009, 11:56 pm

Master Marc wrote:
Rok wrote:I haven't voted yet, but like I said before :

I know Rok...

They had to shorten it so it would be nice and short...

It would be better with the rest of the chapters in it though. Long movies are very fun and dramatic.
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Vala April 4th 2009, 5:44 pm

I watched the movie while I took a break from reading the first book....

I'm not intersted in Twilight anymore. I mean come on. Sparkling vampires? O____o Not my kind of vampire movie. >_<
Lady Vala
Lady Vala
Forumember

Female Posts : 42

http://darksideofnaboo.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem April 4th 2009, 5:48 pm

"Good Vampires" or "Non-human eating Vampires" let alone that they can come out during the day (or close enough that the difference doesn't matter)

Life's looking pretty easy on the buggers of this film

Don't think I need to say that I've voted Hate it
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok April 5th 2009, 2:55 am

But that's its sole-purpose of being a 'Romantic Drama', not a 'Horrific Bloodlust'.

Anyway, it would be great seeing them as the 30 Days Of Night Vampires Twisted Evil
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem April 5th 2009, 11:47 am

You mean the Romeo & Juliette cliché that's been over used over the centuries? TT

Talk of "original"....
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonintel April 5th 2009, 2:27 pm

nicely said Caihlem
dragonintel
dragonintel
Forumember

Male Posts : 392

http://bestof.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok April 5th 2009, 5:17 pm

But still. It's still a romantic movie (not a play Razz). But you guys are right. It is kinda of retarded to shine when standing in the sunlight and things like that. Plus, in the movie, Bella was always being specific. When Ed saved her from the car accident thing, she started asking "How did you get to me fast?" and that was just showing that they were 'trying to actually act', which is a bad thing in movies.

By the way, did you know women never played in the Theatre back then in the plays, so guess who was Juliet in 'Romeo & Juliet'.
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by TigTrivers April 6th 2009, 8:29 pm

The first book was only an intro to the other books so thats what the movie was meant to be but it should have only shown the important bits instead it wastes about 30 min of bella staring into space talking (or rather not talking) to her dad and her just sitting and reading

The director deserved to be fired.

I loved all the books so far (just got breaking dawn today) and I think each of the books should be split into 2 movies

Second book is the best by far can't wait for the movie (November 2009)
TigTrivers
Forumember

Male Posts : 177

http://www.creativeforums.crazy4us.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TommyDnB April 6th 2009, 8:31 pm

Loved it, was really good. Not a big fan of the actors though.
TommyDnB
TommyDnB
Forumember

Male Posts : 89

http://planetgfx.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok April 6th 2009, 10:58 pm

TommyDnB wrote:Loved it, was really good. Not a big fan of the actors though.
Bella played in the movie 'The Messagers' and I think 'The Messagers 2'.
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next