The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gallery Widget on our homepage is not showing images

2 posters

Go down

The Gallery Widget on our homepage is not showing images Empty The Gallery Widget on our homepage is not showing images

Post by babeegirl February 10th 2009, 8:35 pm

About an hour ago I was on our homepage and our Gallery widget was scrolling images just fine then the images stopped showing. All we see is the Gallery box with a small box inside of it. Do we need tech help for this or will it be corrected server side? Please move this if I've posted in the wrong forum.

Thanks!
Babeegirl
www.quilterscorner.forumotion.com
babeegirl

Female Posts : 17
Language : English

Back to top Go down

The Gallery Widget on our homepage is not showing images Empty Re: The Gallery Widget on our homepage is not showing images

Post by musket February 10th 2009, 9:02 pm

Is the gallery coming from servimg ? Smile

as this host seems to be unable to handle demand, and very frequently

images are unavailable from it......If you find this is happening, then choose

another host site, there are lots of other hosts available if you surf the web for them Smile

Last edited by musket on February 10th 2009, 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
musket
musket
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1130

http://hemmingsdaman2.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

The Gallery Widget on our homepage is not showing images Empty Re: The Gallery Widget on our homepage is not showing images

Post by babeegirl February 10th 2009, 9:09 pm

yes it is Musket. I will check to see what's up with Servimg.
babeegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by babeegirl February 10th 2009, 9:59 pm

hmmm well, I don't see any problems as far as Servimg is concerned and the pictures are appearing in posts as well as the users galleries. I was just looking at the homepage and in a blink the pictures in the Gallery widget stopped showing. One moment there, the next moment gone. I'm using Invision and I haven't changed any code in the pre-loaded widget available. I'm using the existing widgets rather than a personal one. I have even tried deleting it from column 3 and placing it at the bottom of column 1. Still no images. Any ideas? it's as if the widget just 'broke".
babeegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by musket February 10th 2009, 10:22 pm

Have you checked it with different browsers?
musket
musket
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by babeegirl February 10th 2009, 10:30 pm

we've checked it with Firefox and IE. It's not appearing on either one of them.
babeegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by musket February 10th 2009, 11:43 pm

You could post the code here between
two BBCode brackets
Code:

[code] [/code]
then maybe someone
could check the code for errors Idea
musket
musket
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by babeegirl February 11th 2009, 12:18 am

I'm going to risk sounding completely stupid about the code, but...(there's always a but!) since it's an existing widget and I don't have a modify option for it on the admin panel in Modules>Forum Widgets Management. I have no clue as to where to find the code you need Musket. This is one of those pre-made existing widgets. One question leads to another doesn't it Smile now, where do I find that dratted code! it has to be around here somewhere! if I were at home I'd look in that scary junk drawer that's really a black hole.
babeegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by musket February 11th 2009, 12:31 am

Since I dont use widgets or a gallery I could be talking
through my hat anyway Very Happy I use other means ..... Link to slideshow.... Idea
musket
musket
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by babeegirl February 11th 2009, 2:40 am

I'm trying a screenshot to show the modify options that are missing from most of the widgets, including the Gallery, and the actual appearance of the Gallery widget.
The Gallery Widget on our homepage is not showing images Widget10

The Gallery Widget on our homepage is not showing images Homepa10
babeegirl

Back to top Go down