The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Widgets problem - cant line it up & appearing

+2
Sanket
Tarogasini
6 posters

Go down

Widgets problem - cant line it up & appearing Empty Widgets problem - cant line it up & appearing

Post by Tarogasini February 24th 2009, 11:16 pm

Hello,

this problem has been bugging me for weeks. For weeks. It hurts me that i cant solve it myself.

Problem 1 : everytime i enable them, they arent lined up with the rest of the forum. They are always over the edge and that looks really ugly. I thought its my skin again, but this is happening with every skin. To make sure you know what i mean :

My test forum - widgets on the left ARENT lined up
Some random forum - widgets on the right are perfectly lined up with the forum

Problem 2 : i put 3 widgets on the left and 4 widgets on the right. ONLY left side appears. Always, only left side appears. Never right.

Problem 3 : i thought widgets will be on SIDE of my forum, the place where its gray. Instead of that, widgets simply decreased height of my forum to make room for themselves. Which isnt good.

Staff : i know that bold is forbidden, but i am basically asking 3 questions in a same topic. I did it just to make sure everyone see all problems and hopefully help me at the one they know answer on.

This one is hard. So in case you solve it i buy you a block of beer if we ever meet Very Happy

Regards
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Widgets problem - cant line it up & appearing Empty Re: Widgets problem - cant line it up & appearing

Post by Sanket February 25th 2009, 6:38 am

Problem 1: Taro, i think its something to do with phpbb3. Yours is phpbb3 & the other one is phpbb2.

Problem 2: In the forum widgets management, have you entered the pixels for the right column?

Problem 3: Thats because, your width of the forum is very less from the beginning. & the width of the Width column 3 (right) for example can be increased to cover up the grey area. Think it will work.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Widgets problem - cant line it up & appearing Empty Re: Widgets problem - cant line it up & appearing

Post by Tarogasini February 25th 2009, 4:14 pm

Thanks for your response Sanket. However :

1. I changed skin on phpbb2 and its the same. Link

2. Your answer was correct, thanks a lot. At least thats fixed.

3. I dont quite understand what you are trying to say, but : on phpbb2, it worked as i wanted. It decreased the plain area, not the forum area.

I am in a dilemma right now. I want modern skins of phpbb3. And customizing of phpbb2. What to do :O
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket February 25th 2009, 7:52 pm

1) Hmmm, i probably don't have a real answer to it.

3) Okay, let me try to make it clear.
The version which you have installed, probably has fixed width. So what happens is when you add widgets. It changes the forum width.

Oh well, now the current ones are perfectly taking up the grey area asi see currently on http://euhq.niceboard.org/index.htm
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini February 25th 2009, 10:01 pm

Sanket wrote:

Oh well, now the current ones are perfectly taking up the grey area asi see currently on http://euhq.niceboard.org/index.htm
Well, they are, but thats not really my preferred skin Razz I used it only as an example.
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini February 26th 2009, 10:03 am

This is going to be a bumpy road... Razz

Someone must know this :O Apparently 40 % of users ( who voted ) use phpbb3.
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket February 26th 2009, 11:04 am

Aah okay, probably use some other skin. Atleast you understood, why it must be happening regarding the fixed width?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini February 26th 2009, 12:02 pm

I appreciate you are trying to help me Sanket cheers

Choosing another skin is not acceptable. I had to go through all pages ( Hitskin ) to finally find one i liked ( this one ). I need to know, if this can be somehow fixed by code modifying or its really hopeless ( and then i d be 100% forced to change the skin ).

Yes i understood, thank you Very Happy
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini February 27th 2009, 3:22 pm

Since this appears to be a really tough problem, i will probably make a bumping record... Razz
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini March 1st 2009, 12:10 am

Got to bump it on the top.
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini March 1st 2009, 3:38 pm

Bump stands for Bring Up My Post. Obviously.

Sad to bump it all the time, but i really need an answer.
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem March 1st 2009, 4:11 pm

Please wait, when someone with the answer passes, I'm sure he/she'll post it
Meanwhile, may I remind you that double/triple posting isn't tolerated unless separated by 24 hours (Use the edit button) Wink
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok March 1st 2009, 4:23 pm

Did you ever try reinstalling the same skin besides of a different skin?
I have the same skin as yours, and one time, the description from the categories and forums overwrited the Widgets problem - cant line it up & appearing I_folder_big buttons. I have gotten word that I had to reinstall the same skin instead installing a different skin.

Rok
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini March 1st 2009, 7:48 pm

Caihlem : Wait...What ? If i am correct, there is only 15,5 hours between, right ? Damn, yesterday must be very long then ( been working on formatting the computer, no wonder it seemed ages ). My bad. Otherwise : i have to keep bumping it to keep it on the top, on the first page. EVERYTHING depends on this. Without those widgets set, i CANT continue with my forum.

Well, i am not sure what you mean with reinstalling. But i did "submit" the skin multiple times, if thats it.
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini March 3rd 2009, 12:00 am

Sanket...

I found a skin. Phpbb2. IF i switch to it, is there i way you ( or anyone else for that matter ) could help me out with this widgets ? Please ?
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 3rd 2009, 5:44 am

Which skin is that? I will try working on the width thing.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini March 3rd 2009, 4:53 pm

Its : Blue light

Additional Information : here

Bless you, if you can solve this.
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 3rd 2009, 5:15 pm

Taro, you know right that width of the widgets cannot be increased anymore above 180 pixels.
See i added it on my test forum here
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini March 3rd 2009, 5:27 pm

Thanks for your patience and effort. Very Happy

Well thats ok with me, as long as they are lined up with the forum.
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 3rd 2009, 6:17 pm

Cool, so this is solved for you?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini March 3rd 2009, 8:45 pm

Khm...How ? You told me you ll work on it you added it on your test forum and gave me the link.

But you didnt tell me how do i achieve that or anything... ?
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 4th 2009, 5:43 am

lol. it was working since the beginning.
Just increase the forum width in General>Configuration
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini March 5th 2009, 12:21 am

I increased the forum width on 100% and the problem is still here, i dont get it, how we cant understand each other Razz

Widgets problem - cant line it up & appearing 2wmmh76
This is how it is now - not good.

Widgets problem - cant line it up & appearing Au8cx2
This is HOW it should be.

Edit : lol at my test poll... Thats what happens if i start doing things while practically still sleeping. No imagination.
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 5th 2009, 6:22 am

http://testing.4rumer.com/index.htm
Weird, i get a line above
View posts since last visit
View your posts
View unanswered posts

Which makes it look in line with everything. It doesn't look like it shows for you. scratch

Also, i tried to search in css, something which could be changed to get the widget down. But, there was nothing.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Extreme_gsxf March 5th 2009, 3:39 pm

Tarogasini... If it realy don't works with all this suggestions, I have an aditional one... Well, this doesn't solve the problem on the best way but it can help you...

Add 2 widgets on both sides! add
Code:
<br><br>
and remove the table type... This is a way to move all the other widgets in the column down.. I don't know are 2 of these codes:
Code:
<br>
enought to make the widgets in line with the forum body... If not... Add more.

That's for your problem 1
Extreme_gsxf
Extreme_gsxf
Forumember

Male Posts : 678
Language : english, german, french, montenegrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini March 6th 2009, 4:30 pm

Using magnificent suggestion of Extreme, i did manage to do something... But, its once again, became complicated right after.

This is how it looks like when LOGGED IN - Perfect !

Thats how it looks when LOGGED OUT - 1 cm below the forum line

Any suggestion or should for this ? Or should i just let it go and use current settings ?

Note : same problem appears in Firefox 3.07, Opera 9.63 and latest Google Chrome, so its not the browser`s fault

Edit : i have been modifying things and this is how it currently looks like, which is probably the best try so far... test site
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Extreme_gsxf March 8th 2009, 3:04 pm

Well, I think this could, and should be solved by the creator of the teme... Hitskin just can't publish unfinished versions of themes and themes who have problems like this...
Extreme_gsxf
Extreme_gsxf
Forumember

Male Posts : 678
Language : english, german, french, montenegrian

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsi March 9th 2009, 12:54 am

I just wanted to pop in and saying I am having the exact same problem as you Tarogasini, so I'm watching this thread in interest hoping you find a way to resolve it completely.. meanwhile I'm going to try the same suggestions you have..
pepsi

Female Posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini March 9th 2009, 1:21 am

Yea, a tough problem... Sad

I am moving to a different skin, link is provided a bit above Razz

I couldnt fix it completely, when you are logged in, it looks good, lined up. When you arent... Sad I enabled Quick Login, its exactly in the middle and make the forum elegant again - perhaps you could try that...

Btw, which skin do you use ? And please provide link to your forum.
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsi March 9th 2009, 1:33 am

Yeah it sucks that there are no definite details on how to fix it yet. I'm surprised that yours is the only thread I could find which related to the same problem. Surely other people have had these issues as well?

I am using Indigo as my skin at the moment, as I like the colours.. I tried a number of other skins and they all had the same problem..

Currently I have the widgets disabled on my proper forum until I find a way to resolve it, and am doing all the testing in a separate test forum.. This way I don't have to annoy my users with all the ugly changes Sad
pepsi

Female Posts : 3

Back to top Go down