The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can a ForuMotion Staff see private area of our forums ?

5 posters

Go down

Can a ForuMotion Staff see private area of our forums ? Empty Can a ForuMotion Staff see private area of our forums ?

Post by Tarogasini February 27th 2009, 3:33 pm

~ This ISNT a support question. ~

Hello,

recently i read a topic of some member collaborating about reporting some forum. That got me thinking : when / if that forum is reported, staff member of ForuMotion.com will review the forum to confirm a violation and send an warning email to administrator of that forum. Staff member CAN DO THAT, because violation is on visible place, on publically accessible area.

HOW ABOUT, if that guy ( with rule breaking forum ; from above example ) had a private area visible only to trusted members. 1 of those members would report his forum for rule breaking.

◘ CAN a forumotion staff member access that area, to check that content ? ◘

Its a weird question, yes, but it got me thinking : if they DO decide to break the rules, they could do it on the "sneaky" way. And that way, their forums wouldnt get deleted, UNLESS if a staff member CAN access & view their private area...

I hope you understand.

Regards
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Can a ForuMotion Staff see private area of our forums ? Empty Re: Can a ForuMotion Staff see private area of our forums ?

Post by Nessa February 27th 2009, 3:42 pm

Hello Hi Tarogasini, While I believe only the technicians can view the private hidden forums on a website because of the complaints / reports management their jobs entails. Regular forumotion staff do not have that ability to see such forums as that is not a part of our job requirements. Smile

I hope that answers your question. Wink
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down

Can a ForuMotion Staff see private area of our forums ? Empty Re: Can a ForuMotion Staff see private area of our forums ?

Post by Tarogasini February 27th 2009, 4:34 pm

Hi Nessa Very Happy

Thanks for your reply. Interesting, i assumed thats also the job of global moderators and administrators on FM.

Weird that technicians have this over...

However : if they cant see private areas, quickly delete this topic before someone gets an idea Razz
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351

Back to top Go down

Post by Omachi February 27th 2009, 5:44 pm

Nessa wrote:Hello Hi Tarogasini, While I believe only the technicians can view the private hidden forums on a website because of the complaints / reports management their jobs entails. Regular forumotion staff do not have that ability to see such forums as that is not a part of our job requirements. Smile

Interesting.. I thought that the support forum admins could view the acp of our forums.? Maybe it was just the knowledge a previous global mod here had when helping fix my forum a long time ago. Can a ForuMotion Staff see private area of our forums ? Mouais Either way, while it's not part of the job requirement for the support forum admins, how then can an abuse be sent to a tech that can see hidden forums? Sorry, just a bit confused. A good question by Tarogasini, tho.
Omachi

Language : unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Beno February 27th 2009, 6:17 pm

Hi,

The job of a global mod and admins on this site is purley to answer support questions on this forum and moderate members, no staff on here can see the hidden areas of your forum
Beno
Beno
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3024

http://www.benwhitedesign.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ParadiseKid February 28th 2009, 1:57 am

Beno wrote:...no staff on here can see the hidden areas of your forum
Um... Typlo?
ParadiseKid
ParadiseKid
Forumember

Male Posts : 284

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 4th 2009, 10:06 am

Nessa wrote:Hello Hi Tarogasini, While I believe only the technicians can view the private hidden forums on a website because of the complaints / reports management their jobs entails. Regular forumotion staff do not have that ability to see such forums as that is not a part of our job requirements. Smile

There is no way of doing this. My friend ran a site similar to this and she had to register to access hidden area's. Only the tech's can view FTP's. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa March 4th 2009, 2:30 pm

Since this question has been answered. I will lock this topic now.

=> Locked
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down