The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New post or replies icon not showing up.

3 posters

Go down

New post or replies icon not showing up. Empty New post or replies icon not showing up.

Post by yasmel March 5th 2009, 3:31 pm

We are having a problem in our forum where sometimes when there is a new reply or a new post the little icon in front of the thread title does not light up to let us know. So we have been checking the time of the last post on a thread to know if we read it or not.

What's going on?
yasmel

Language : English

Back to top Go down

New post or replies icon not showing up. Empty Re: New post or replies icon not showing up.

Post by magicm00n March 5th 2009, 3:44 pm

What version are you using?
magicm00n
magicm00n
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1305

Back to top Go down

New post or replies icon not showing up. Empty Re: New post or replies icon not showing up.

Post by yasmel March 5th 2009, 3:55 pm

I have no idea. Where can I see that?
yasmel

Back to top Go down

Post by yasmel March 5th 2009, 3:57 pm

Is it this PunBB (punbb)?
yasmel

Back to top Go down

Post by magicm00n March 5th 2009, 4:04 pm

Oh, Ok so you're using PunBB. I sometimes have this problem also. I'm using phpbb2.Try refreshing your browser. Normally if you're online and a new topic is posted, It will take some time for the icon to show.
magicm00n
magicm00n
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1305

Back to top Go down

Post by yasmel March 5th 2009, 4:05 pm

I have tried refreshing and closing the window all together and starting again.
yasmel

Back to top Go down

Post by yasmel March 6th 2009, 7:01 pm

Anyone?
yasmel

Back to top Go down

Post by yasmel March 8th 2009, 5:15 am

Is anyone ever going to help? It is really annoying not knowing which threads have new messages.
yasmel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 8th 2009, 6:14 am

Does it happen for you, when you post a message? Your forum URL?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by yasmel March 8th 2009, 2:39 pm

Sanket wrote:Does it happen for you, when you post a message? Your forum URL?

http://supermamas.forosactivos.net/forum.htm

It happens to all the messages. For example if I leave the computer on for a few minutes and come back and refresh the page to see if there was any new post, it does not show the new post so I have to look at the time of the last post or click on each thread Mad
It also does it in the morning when I wake up and I open my computer from hibernation.
yasmel

Back to top Go down

Post by yasmel March 11th 2009, 3:48 pm

Ok, this is getting a little annoying. I know this is a "free" service but I would like to enjoy the service at its fullest.
yasmel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 11th 2009, 3:59 pm

Well, i was going to register myself onto your forum & check for the issue. But the language on the forum is not english. So i cannot help you out much,

Also a question, don't you click on "View posts since last visit" on the forum homepage?
Generally, when you yourself are posting messages, we don't see the icon changed.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by yasmel March 11th 2009, 5:15 pm

Sanket wrote:Well, i was going to register myself onto your forum & check for the issue. But the language on the forum is not english. So i cannot help you out much,

Also a question, don't you click on "View posts since last visit" on the forum homepage?
Generally, when you yourself are posting messages, we don't see the icon changed.

Ok, I just tried it and it showed two messages. One thread was created this morning and I have not clicked on it yet so that one is ok.
The other thread I have already clicked on it and the last message on it is mine so it shouldn't have came up on the list.

You can change the spanish language to english though.
yasmel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 11th 2009, 5:28 pm

It doesn't matter if its your message or not. It lists all the posts made by everyone on the forum, since your last visit.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by yasmel March 12th 2009, 12:06 am

Ok, I just did the new posts thing. I clicked on the first post and replied. Then I clicked on the New post thing again and all the other threads were gone. Only the one I replied to was there.
yasmel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 12th 2009, 6:58 am

Have you tried doing what you did on this forum? See what happens?

As to i have never faced such a issue. When i click on New posts since last visit, it shows all the threads till i have logged out or closed the browser in which i had opened it.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down