The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't seem to sticky anymore?

4 posters

Go down

Solved Can't seem to sticky anymore?

Post by Dmanlamius April 2nd 2009, 2:38 am

Hi guys.

I was archiving my youtube videos, and stickying each post, when all of a sudden, the option stopped being available to me?

I can't announce, either.

After problem after problem and having weeks of work lost because of hitskin problems etc, I have finally got a forum that works. Please say it isn't broken already. Please... Crying or Very sad
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius
Forumember

Male Posts : 76
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Can't seem to sticky anymore?

Post by pennylessz April 2nd 2009, 4:30 am

i think you did sticky to much im pretty sure theres a limit
pennylessz
pennylessz

Male Posts : 5
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk April 2nd 2009, 12:23 pm

pennylessz wrote:i think you did sticky to much im pretty sure theres a limit

is there a limit. new one to me.
i would just go through all your permissions and setting to make sure there on or permitted right. but if your the admin i dont see why it would not work.
so maybe there is a limit?

or maybe instead of having them all in different stickies. just put them all as a replies
in one sticky then lock it. but not sure what it is your doing ? so just a suggestion
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmanlamius April 2nd 2009, 12:48 pm

Hiya Kirk! And thanks for the response...

Here is my forum, http://www.freebasslessons.forumotion.com

Clicky

I make youtube videos, teaching bass guitar. I'm trying to catergorise them to my forum.
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk April 2nd 2009, 1:17 pm

Dmanlamius wrote:Hiya Kirk! And thanks for the response...

Here is my forum, http://www.freebasslessons.forumotion.com

Clicky

I make youtube videos, teaching bass guitar. I'm trying to catergorise them to my forum.

oh i see.ok
so i guess you have different techniques styles and so on.
if there is a limit for your stickies. then may be you can try hooking something up like i have my arcade.

what i did was created a forum first. then in the stickies i created action,sports,classics etc as an index.

then what i did was posted the video games on the board. but in every post it would lead back to the index of all of them and in the index other links leading to the post..

lol i know sounds confusing right. this is just one way you can do this.
what i'll do is open my arcade for guest to see then go over to the link and check out the arcade how i have it set up with the index leading to the post. then post leading back to all index or witch ever you choose?

check it out. if you want me to help you set it up like this i'll help no problem.
i dont even have to be a staff member. i'll just have to be able to create the stickies or you can
anyway check this out first. now picture this the same way but going to your different categories techniques for all your youtube/lessons.

http://freeforummakers.forumotion.com/arcade-f25/

oh right now i only have the action and adventure set up with games in them.
but it's more then enough to understand the idea i'm throwing at ya.
dude that would be cool hey i also have a musicians form just sitting there doing nothing. i have bin trying to find some one to take it off my hands if your interested. i dont have the time i run and own to many places right now.

here's the link to that it's yours if you want it?

http://rockingforum.forumandco.com/portal.htm
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk April 2nd 2009, 1:30 pm

holy shiii.
yea thats a lot of stickies.. lol
i would break them down and try to create something like i explained above.
so let me know you fix up the categories for the index the way you want and the rest is easy.take a Lil time but easy. and good way of navigating too

oh by the way you kick butt man.. awesome. i am also a long time musician.
have not did too much lately but will be again soon
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmanlamius April 2nd 2009, 2:05 pm

Thanks for the praise, Kirk! Much appreciated, and again...thanks for your help man.

Ok, I think that's a great idea. And Shall I lock each lesson in each category as well?

I would love to take over your forum, but I also maintain a local music forum where I live! I'd be too busy to take on another, but im sure you'll find someone. It looks great.

Im in my chatbox now if you're around.
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk April 2nd 2009, 2:19 pm

Dmanlamius wrote:Thanks for the praise, Kirk! Much appreciated, and again...thanks for your help man.

Ok, I think that's a great idea. And Shall I lock each lesson in each category as well?

I would love to take over your forum, but I also maintain a local music forum where I live! I'd be too busy to take on another, but I'm sure you'll find someone. It looks great.

Im in my chatbox now if you're around.

well the index stickies you can lock. because you will be adding more and more as you go along and it's best to just keep that for your index. but as far as the post of what the lessons are in. i would leave them unlocked in case you have some one with qustions comments what ever.

it wont hurt to have that open for members feed back.
basically the link leading to the post is in your index category. then in the post you will have the links leading back to each category index or just the over all page.
just like the arcade is set up at my place.

so what you do is try to break down all the stories you have into like 6 categories.
then it's just a matter of taking the links and placing them in the index with names.

like lesson one tap or slap exercise and you can put the click-able link in word forum in the given index of the catogire it falls under.

so set up your stickies for the categories you want first.
i mean you can have one for fundamentals, or scales you know how ever you want to incorporate them. then after that it's just copying the links putting them in the index and haveing all index links in the post.

so let me know i registered over there but your probably better off getting me here.
pm will work.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmanlamius April 2nd 2009, 3:21 pm

You're awesome, man.

This guy deserves a medal for his help on these forums!

The rest of you can lock this if you want. It's solved.
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket April 2nd 2009, 5:36 pm

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
Sanket
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down