The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot assign users to groups

4 posters

Go down

Cannot assign users to groups Empty Cannot assign users to groups

Post by DerekW April 10th 2009, 2:46 pm

I cannot assign users to any of the groups I created for them. the only options that show up are "user" and "admin" but none of the ones I created ( "member" "officer" ).

Also, I coldn't log into this page with my username and password. So I tried to register and it wouldn't let me because my email was already taken. So I had to register a whole new account just for these help pages under a different email to be able to get into here.

Thanks. Very Happy
DerekW
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Cannot assign users to groups Empty Re: Cannot assign users to groups

Post by MrMega April 10th 2009, 2:47 pm

A link would be helpful Wink
MrMega
MrMega
Forumember

Male Posts : 981
Language : English, Polish, HTML, BBCode

Back to top Go down

Post by Carryn April 10th 2009, 4:54 pm

DerekW wrote:I cannot assign users to any of the groups I created for them. the only options that show up are "user" and "admin" but none of the ones I created ( "member" "officer" ).

Also, I coldn't log into this page with my username and password. So I tried to register and it wouldn't let me because my email was already taken. So I had to register a whole new account just for these help pages under a different email to be able to get into here.

Thanks. Very Happy

Have you read THIS>> Organizing groups
Carryn
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1399
Language : none.

Back to top Go down

Post by DerekW April 11th 2009, 12:51 am

What do you want a link to?

Hmm, I read that now, but it doesn't happen to tell me anything I didn't already know just by looking at the options when I set it up. So still doesn't work...
Thanks for the suggestion.
DerekW
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok April 11th 2009, 1:00 am

I don't really understand what you are clarifying. You could post a screenshot of this.

Also, when you create a group and want to add a user to that group, you go to the group and add the user.
    or

Are you talking about Ranks?
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down

Post by DerekW April 11th 2009, 4:08 am

no i'm not talking about ranks.

when i go to the group in administrative it switches to the actuall website (not admin view). when I then click add member it says "The user you selected does not exist." for a couple seconds then reverts to the previous page.

of course there's no one to select though cause the group members has no members cause everyone is in the group "users" which isn't even a group that shows up anywhere.

Edit: Ok I think I got it finally. that's just kinda backwards because you can't modify the member anywhere from the member. you have to go the group seperate and then type them in for an add. not like any of the invision message boards i've done before 9of corse all the other invision boards before have let you display yor catagories too so who knows...like I said I'm a noob.

Thanks. :-)
DerekW
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok April 11th 2009, 6:14 am

When you are in the administration panel, you click the modification button beside the group, then in the new page that comes up, you add the member there. If you click the modification button, it won't lead you to your forum and repeat the same situation.
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down