The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assign Users Individual Forum Permission

2 posters

Go down

Assign Users Individual Forum Permission Empty Assign Users Individual Forum Permission

Post by shogun82705 October 28th 2008, 3:16 am

I have an rpg that I'm running and I have created private forums for each player to communicate with me privately without the other players seeing the forum. I want to give an individual player access only to their private roleplay forum. Using the controls it appears that I can assign to guests, members, moderators and administrators. Is it possible to give individual players permission to see a forum? Should I try to create 'groups' that consist of individuals?

Please help, thanks,
=d
shogun82705

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Assign Users Individual Forum Permission Empty Re: Assign Users Individual Forum Permission

Post by kirk October 28th 2008, 4:03 am

yes you have to create there own group.
you can create a group called there name place there name in the group and have the group hidden. now you can select what ever permissions for the group.

the only thing depending how many members you have or get. your going to have a lot of groups just for one individual. i would suggest trying to put as many members in to one group with the same permissions as possible.

but you can do it the way explained.
also remember every time you create one you will have to check off the permissions board by board each time.so like i said you get 50-100 etc.. members it could become a lot of work.anyway.
hope that helps.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Assign Users Individual Forum Permission Empty Re: Assign Users Individual Forum Permission

Post by shogun82705 October 30th 2008, 9:29 pm

Thanks. It's a private role playing game so I think I'll just create the individual groups.

Strange though. I've created phpbb forums numerous times on other services and that's always been an option.
shogun82705

Language : English

Back to top Go down