The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't assign Admin priviliges to users

4 posters

Go down

Can't assign Admin priviliges to users Empty Can't assign Admin priviliges to users

Post by batmmannn January 27th 2010, 10:26 am

I go into my control panel and I select the user I want to change priviliges for I change the option to Admin, I save it, IT DOES NOTHING! When the user tries to log in he STILL HAS NO ADMIN privilages. HELLLLP!
batmmannn
batmmannn
Forumember

Male Posts : 29
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Can't assign Admin priviliges to users Empty Re: Can't assign Admin priviliges to users

Post by Sheena January 27th 2010, 10:31 am

To make that person to have to privileges as an admin,
USER GROUPS >> Group Administration >> ADMINISTRATORS ( the one that says HIDDEN GROUP, the very first one ) >> click the MODIFY icon >> then INSERT HIS/HER name in to the GROUP MEMBERS.
Sheena
Sheena

Back to top Go down

Can't assign Admin priviliges to users Empty Re: Can't assign Admin priviliges to users

Post by kole017 January 27th 2010, 10:33 am

Where did you set up that?
kole017
kole017
Forumember

Male Posts : 40
Language : Serbian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheena January 27th 2010, 10:37 am

Go to your Admin Panel and directly click USER GROUPS.
did you get what i jus posted up there?
Sheena
Sheena

Back to top Go down

Post by kole017 January 27th 2010, 10:43 am

I asked batmmannn about that, to find out where he made a mistake. Perhaps I should quote, but we wrote at the same time... Mr. Green
kole017
kole017
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheena January 27th 2010, 10:44 am

^ oyea huh, lol i didn't notice your username. haha. I'm sorry about that (:
Sheena
Sheena

Back to top Go down

Post by batmmannn January 27th 2010, 10:49 am

Trying what you said but seeing no change here should not the added member show up in the group?
batmmannn
batmmannn
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheena January 27th 2010, 10:51 am

That added member should show up in the group, once you added it as a group member in it,
Sheena
Sheena

Back to top Go down

Post by batmmannn January 27th 2010, 10:52 am

It made the user a moderator and not an administrator.....GRRRRRR
batmmannn
batmmannn
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheena January 27th 2010, 10:53 am

Would you mind to provide your forum link so i could see your legendary rank below?
Sheena
Sheena

Back to top Go down

Post by kole017 January 27th 2010, 10:59 am

I think you need to set up rank.
Go to: Admin panel>Users&Groups>Rank administration>Add a new rank>Type the name of the rank (Administrator)>Choose Set as special rank:yes>Save
Next go to the Admin panel>Users&Groups>Search users end search for a use>Go to modifi an user>find Rank Title and choose Adimistrator.
kole017
kole017
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 January 27th 2010, 11:54 am

Hello,

Kole017, giving someone a rank is just an image to their profile, no privlidges Wink

Batmmann, to add someone to the Administrative group, simply add them to the group with the gold crown in groups administration
Admin panel >> Users & Groups > Groups administration > Find the group called "Admin" ensure it has a gold crown next to it then add member member/s there Smile

But what you have been told above is basically what I said, I just added in the gold crown part to help you figure out what group is the administrative group.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by kole017 January 27th 2010, 12:00 pm

darren1 wrote:Hello,

Kole017, giving someone a rank is just an image to their profile, no privlidges Wink
I know that.
But Batmmann said that he already put a member in group Administrators. That should be the end of the story, but he said that users have no privileges. What exactly don't have I don't know, Batmmann should better clarify his problem.
kole017
kole017
Forumember

Back to top Go down