The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can messages be automatically added via E-mail?

2 posters

Go down

Can messages be automatically added via E-mail? Empty Can messages be automatically added via E-mail?

Post by RobR August 2nd 2009, 4:08 am

Greetings!

I am the webmaster for a group of current and former Girl Scouts working to keep the local council from closing a favorite camp. Currently, members of the group communicate through a Yahoo discussion group. I think a forum would be good to have, but I am concerned that we would be splitting discussions. Some people would use the discussion group and never look at the forum and others would use the forum and stop reading the messages from the discussion group.

So, I'm trying to find a way around this.

Is it possible to add a message to a forum via E-mail? If so, I could give that E-mail address membership in the Yahoo group, and every time a message was posted on the group it would appear on the forum.

Or perhaps we could turn it around: an E-mail account could be registered as a user of my forum, and that user would be set to subscribe to all topics. Then, when a message is posted on the forum, it would be automatically forwarded to the message group.

Is either of these techniques feasible?

Thanks very much!

RobR
RobR

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Can messages be automatically added via E-mail? Empty Re: Can messages be automatically added via E-mail?

Post by MrMario August 2nd 2009, 5:40 am

The only way would be if you set the Profile to be set up to get emaisl when someone replys to a topic that they right into.

It is already set up like this by defaut.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down