The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portal Management

2 posters

Go down

Portal Management Empty Portal Management

Post by anotheridiot August 27th 2009, 6:12 pm

I just started using the portal. I found where I choose forums to display on the portal, and how to set it up, but the question is, is there any way to make the last post in the topic show up in the portal. That way we can choose the most viewed forums and have a different post or picture show up when the portal is opened, so it looks like it is changing and interested quick hitters can see something new instead of seeing the same first post all the time. I tried to change the order of messages in the threads to post newest first, but the old first one keeps showing up.

Thanks for any advice.
anotheridiot
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Portal Management Empty Re: Portal Management

Post by dotDavid August 28th 2009, 2:07 am

No. You can only display a certain amount of posts, not a certain post.
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2404

https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Portal Management Empty Re: Portal Management

Post by anotheridiot August 29th 2009, 5:16 pm

I understand how it displays the threads. But you can choose to view oldest to newest or newest to oldest in the forum so when you open the first page, the last post is on top. When the thread opens in the portal, the oldest post of the thread shows up again instead of the newest. Just seeing if anyone knows a setting so that the oldest post of the thread shows up first.
anotheridiot
Forumember

Back to top Go down