The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing Text Color When Writing a Reply

3 posters

Go down

Changing Text Color When Writing a Reply Empty Changing Text Color When Writing a Reply

Post by tendra91 October 25th 2009, 9:05 pm

Hi, I know is a commonly asked question, but I'm having trouble searching for the appropriate thread.

I want to change the text colour of a specific type of text. When I post a reply or make a new thread, I would like the text colour to be black. Right now it's white, so you can't see what you're writing.

Changing Text Color When Writing a Reply Untitl11

I know I'm supposed to change something about the CSS, but I don't know what. If anyone can help me with this, that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
tendra91

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Changing Text Color When Writing a Reply Empty Re: Changing Text Color When Writing a Reply

Post by tendra91 October 25th 2009, 9:08 pm

Oh, and I forgot one thing. Here's the link to my forum if anyone needs to see it: http://ha6s.forumotion.com

Thanks!
tendra91

Back to top Go down

Changing Text Color When Writing a Reply Empty Re: Changing Text Color When Writing a Reply

Post by SN1PER October 26th 2009, 3:51 am

Look at the button to the left of the "Blue Capital A" Hope that helps you.
SN1PER

Male Posts : 7
Language : English HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 October 26th 2009, 4:03 am

That's a good suggestion, but it doesn't really solve the problem for me. The title still remains white, so you can't read that, and when you post your reply, then your text becomes whatever color you just assigned it.

Hmmm... if no one knows how to change the text color, here's another potential solution that I don't know how to do:

Is there a way for me to change the background of the text box? So instead of writing my text in a white box, I can change it so I'm writing my text in a black (or gray) box, with the text color remaining the same (i.e. white). Anyone know how to do that?
tendra91

Back to top Go down

Post by SN1PER October 26th 2009, 4:12 am

Wait I know now, Go to the admin panel and go to design, colors and scroll down to text then change it to whatever color and that will be the default color of the text. You can also change the box color from that to so you don't have black text and a black box.
SN1PER

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 October 26th 2009, 4:19 am

SN1PER wrote:Wait I know now, Go to the admin panel and go to design, colors and scroll down to text then change it to whatever color and that will be the default color of the text. You can also change the box color from that to so you don't have black text and a black box.

Make sure it's Text color that you change (it's the first option)
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 October 26th 2009, 5:22 am

Okay, that solve the problem of the text colour in the text box, but my text colour in the "Subject" box (i.e. where you type in the title of your thread / reply) is still white. How do I change that?
tendra91

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 October 26th 2009, 10:38 pm

Okay, the text color is still a problem for my forums. Is there a way I can change the default color of the text I write in the text box, so that it remains that color irregardless of whether or not I have "Editor Mode" on?
tendra91

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 October 27th 2009, 1:45 am

tendra91 wrote:Okay, that solve the problem of the text colour in the text box, but my text colour in the "Subject" box (i.e. where you type in the title of your thread / reply) is still white. How do I change that?

You can't change this.

tendra91 wrote:Okay, the text color is still a problem for my forums. Is there a way I can change the default color of the text I write in the text box, so that it remains that color irregardless of whether or not I have "Editor Mode" on?

Is the colour you want to be default still set in the colours menu?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 October 27th 2009, 2:55 am

darren1 wrote:Is the colour you want to be default still set in the colours menu?

Yeah, I got my text color to be set at orange. So Admin Panel --> Display --> Pictures and Colors --> Colors --> Text Color (the first option), is set to orange. Thing is, when I'm writing a reply to a post, the text is only orange when I have "editor mode" on. When it's off, the text is white and you can't see what you're typing.
tendra91

Back to top Go down

Post by SN1PER October 27th 2009, 3:28 am

tendra91 wrote:Okay, that solve the problem of the text colour in the text box, but my text colour in the "Subject" box (i.e. where you type in the title of your thread / reply) is still white. How do I change that?
Well you can enable colored titles on the Ap, General, Messages, then the first one (dont remember) scroll down to enable colored titles. This will make it so an option will show on your post to colorize the title, but I don't think you can make it change auto each time.
SN1PER

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 October 27th 2009, 6:25 pm

Okay, I don't know if this will help, but here's the current CSS for my forum. I've noticed that the text is white in other places of the forum as well, such as when you're typing text in the chatbox, in the boxes you write in when you log on, the search box, in the "Jump to" section of the forums, and of course, the text box when you're writing a reply. It should be a CSS error, but I can't put my finger on it!

Spoiler:
tendra91

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 October 28th 2009, 1:38 am

By the looks of things, you have to change the text colour via the CSS, and as I don't have the code to inform you that you need to change you will have to await the arrival of one of our resident coders, please be patient with them.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down