The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn off delete post for Moderators

2 posters

Go down

Turn off delete post for Moderators Empty Turn off delete post for Moderators

Post by vvw November 30th 2009, 12:14 am

Hi,

I'd like to be able to specify that Moderators can do all moderation tasks except deleting posts.

We have a hidden Redundant Posts section for posts to be moved to instead of deleting (kinda like a trash can so that we can retrieve things later if we need to). However I have just discovered in the Mod Logs that my mods have been deleting posts occasionally and I want to stop this from occurring, as it's an easy way for problems to start up on the site.

I can't find a setting anywhere to specify that they can't delete anyone's posts but can still perform other normal moderation tasks.

Can someone help me out with this?

thanks in advance,

vvw
vvw
Forumember

Female Posts : 41
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Turn off delete post for Moderators Empty Re: Turn off delete post for Moderators

Post by MrMario November 30th 2009, 12:28 am

The only way would be to remove the icon. This is also remove it for you.

Admin Panel >> Display Tab >> Pic Management >> Simple Mode >> Topics & Post >> Go all the way down >> Find Delete Button >> Click it >> Remove URL >>Save

Update

Go back to the same area and find the delete button for the mod tools and remove the url >> Save
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Turn off delete post for Moderators Empty Re: Turn off delete post for Moderators

Post by vvw November 30th 2009, 12:55 am

Thanks MrMario - I've removed the Delete button icon (just have to hope they don't figure out to browse without images). I have also noticed that there is still the check-box to delete a post in the Edit Post display window. Is there any way to turn that off?

Is there any plan to give us more flexibility with Moderation options in the future so that we can more strictly control these things?

Go back to the same area and find the delete button for the mod tools and remove the url >> Save

Also, I went to do this but wasn't entirely sure what you meant.... I got rid of the icon for the trash and for deleting the topic, but these options are still in the drop down list. Was that what you meant?

I have this feeling way back in my memory somewhere that there's some way to turn off the Quick Mod Tools drop-down box... is that correct? I've hunted but can't find it. Sad
vvw
Forumember

Female Posts : 41
Language : English

Back to top Go down