The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to add multiple moderators to group? Not possible?

2 posters

Go down

How to add multiple moderators to group? Not possible? Empty How to add multiple moderators to group? Not possible?

Post by Myrkala December 3rd 2009, 12:22 am

I've tried to separate them by a comma but it gives me an error, is it not possible for a group to have more than one moderator? Other than giving out full admin rights?

My registration process for getting new members would be a lot smoother if this were possible!

Please help. Very Happy
Myrkala

Language : Iceland

Back to top Go down

How to add multiple moderators to group? Not possible? Empty Re: How to add multiple moderators to group? Not possible?

Post by Rok December 3rd 2009, 1:17 am

Nope, I'm sorry, but it's not possible to have more than 1 moderator (team leader) of a usergroup. However, you can give the other guy a rank stating something like 'Team Leader's Assistant', and both of the guys can cooperate via PM or something on choosing new members of the usergroup, but the guy with the rank won't have the power to add members to the group.
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down

How to add multiple moderators to group? Not possible? Empty Re: How to add multiple moderators to group? Not possible?

Post by Myrkala December 3rd 2009, 1:33 am

Ah, figures.

It's actually an "alliance" forum, which is built up of many "corporations/guilds", where the people coming to forums already have defined roles/ranks outside of the forum. I'm basically trying to make it easier for people to get into the right usergroup with as little hassle as possible.

Technically, now I have two people who can do it for each group, 10 groups. Me and the other leader of that said corp, the alliance has 240+ members and is growing. Me verifying each member for the correct group quickly becomes a horrendous task.

It also struck me as strange that you can't get the usergroup name's to display under the members posts to help with automating the process a bit.
Because currently I have to create at least 3 ranks for each group to use, as the group's name is their identifier. I tried adding a text field that users can input by themselves, but that's not really simplifying the process is it?

Anyways, thanks for the reply and tip!
Myrkala

Language : Iceland

Back to top Go down