The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have a forum and when people sign up their account....

2 posters

Go down

I have a forum and when people sign up their account.... Empty I have a forum and when people sign up their account....

Post by chachacha August 7th 2006, 6:20 pm

is currently inactive... they need to recive a email activation key but i want to turn this off so when people sign up they dont have to activate their account through their email!!

Can anyone help?
chachacha

Back to top Go down

I have a forum and when people sign up their account.... Empty Re: I have a forum and when people sign up their account....

Post by Cornelia August 7th 2006, 6:58 pm

Hello.

It's not possible to turn it off.

You can only choose between :

- Users : the user receives the activation key

- Admin : the admin receives the activation keys of users' accounts.

If they use a Hotmail address, they must look in their Spam folder.

Thay must avoid AOL addresses, because AOL blocks activation keys and notification mails.

If they find nothing, even in their spam, you can activate them in Admin panel > User Admin > Management > List of users > you choose users who are inactive.

Once entered in the user's profile, you go down to "Special admin-only fields". Then, at the line "User is active", you choose "yes"
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

I have a forum and when people sign up their account.... Empty Re: I have a forum and when people sign up their account....

Post by Cornelia February 28th 2007, 4:42 am

No news, good news Arrow Garbage
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down