The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I change the word Guest? plus another question?

3 posters

Go down

Can I change the word Guest? plus another question? Empty Can I change the word Guest? plus another question?

Post by netsniper January 17th 2010, 3:39 pm

Just a couple of quick questions?

(1) Is it possible that when you ban a member instead of their posts showing as "GUEST" can it be changed to some other word or graphic

(2) Is it possible for the "Who's online" not to be seem by guests? without directing them to the portal, I know I can do it there.

Thank you Hello
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1040
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Can I change the word Guest? plus another question? Empty Re: Can I change the word Guest? plus another question?

Post by Sanket January 17th 2010, 3:40 pm

1) When you ban a member, they don't become guest. When you delete a user, thats the time when they become Guest. Also, you cannot change that.

2) I didn't really understand the relation of portal with who is online? Can you explain more?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Can I change the word Guest? plus another question? Empty Re: Can I change the word Guest? plus another question?

Post by netsniper January 17th 2010, 3:46 pm

Ok sanket your right I did get the first bit wrong, sorry for any confusion there,

I want to set my forum so that Guests can not see who is online, as my forum is closed to guests, forget about the portal bit that will only confuse the issue sorry about that.

Thank you Hello
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket January 17th 2010, 3:49 pm

Guests don't have access to that google map.
You can check it being a guest.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper January 17th 2010, 3:53 pm

No Sanket what I mean is if you go to my forum www.mybulgariaportal.com now you will be able to see the list at the bottom of the forum which shows who is online

Thank you Hello
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket January 17th 2010, 3:57 pm

Hmmm, i get it. As far as i know, there is no option in the admin panel to remove that.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper January 17th 2010, 4:04 pm

Ok thank you Sanket I think if I make my portal my home page with permissions set to members only, that might do it?

Thank you Hello
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennos January 17th 2010, 4:16 pm

netsniper wrote:Ok thank you Sanket I think if I make my portal my home page with permissions set to members only, that might do it?

Thank you Hello

Yes, if u would change the permissions to members only, Guests won't be able to see the parts u made for members only.
Dennos

Language : Nederlands

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper January 17th 2010, 4:26 pm

Ok thanks guy's I'll give it a go

Thank you Hello
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper January 19th 2010, 1:50 pm

This can be locked now

Thank you Hello
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket January 19th 2010, 2:01 pm

As requested, Locked
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down