The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portal Html restriction./Re-skin of forum

2 posters

Go down

Portal Html restriction./Re-skin of forum Empty Portal Html restriction./Re-skin of forum

Post by ConsoleElosnoc August 16th 2007, 7:12 am

Alright, I read the rules and it said that I should never post my forum link unless I'm asked to, so I'll wait for that if needed.

I've done various searches regarding my problem and the result still left me clueless. Therefore, I am posting for some guidance.

It came down to this:
I started yesterday. I signed up for a new forumotion and I began to re-skin the look of the forum for my clan. (It's a forum made especially for me to test things such as scripts and layouts..etc.)
I read on this forum that, for now, it's impossible to make an HTML page the index of the forum. Unless, of course, you give the html page to the clients to connect beforehand. So I made a portal page in my attempt to make an html page out of that. However, when I added the html coding to the Header area via the Module Tab, I discovered that a <table> was created with my code inside. This is the problem.

On my index.htm, the HTML went fine and the side image (I made them stretch, background) went down along the inside of the box... However this cannot be achieved due to the TABLE restriction by the Portal. In the end, I made a comprise to shorten down the side background pictures so it ended up looking like a cut off on the layout. pale

I am here looking for some advice or solutions for this "problem" and if anyone can provide a possible fix for me, it would be appreciated.

The only solution I came up with is to edit the css file that is used by the forum itself. However, I am not a css expert and I don't know much about the css used by forumotion. I know that you can edit it via the administration, but I didn't want to mess up my forum Embarassed .

I know this sounds like a long essay, but I'm trying to type with proper English. If you are an expert in css or knows a fix for the layout please let me know.

Thanks in Advance.
ConsoleElosnoc
Forumember

Female Posts : 229
Language : English/Chinese/ Opps..She has gone on a video gaming expedition!

http://clanfusion.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Portal Html restriction./Re-skin of forum Empty Re: Portal Html restriction./Re-skin of forum

Post by ConsoleElosnoc August 16th 2007, 10:02 pm

Okay.. I got mad at it and wiped out all the forum's existing modules and only used the Header and Footer portion of the portal. It didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, but at least there is no cut off problem. Now the question of how to integrate the portal modules into my HTML becomes the new issue =D Laughing
ConsoleElosnoc
Forumember

Female Posts : 229
Language : English/Chinese/ Opps..She has gone on a video gaming expedition!

http://clanfusion.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Portal Html restriction./Re-skin of forum Empty Re: Portal Html restriction./Re-skin of forum

Post by Caihlem August 16th 2007, 10:21 pm

Problem solved by itself => Lock Smile
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down