The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newsletters - HTML and reception problems

3 posters

Go down

Newsletters - HTML and reception problems Empty Newsletters - HTML and reception problems

Post by Made February 23rd 2010, 12:20 pm

Hi, I have started to send what I expect will be a monthly Newsletters to the members of my forum. I sent out tests to the moderators to check how it worked but I encountered 2 problems.

1) I inserted the html code as I do in every other part of the forum (homepage, for example) but in the emails we received the format was all messed up. Fonts, colours, alignments didn't look as they should and there were spaces in words that shouldn't be there either.

2) Several moderators did not receive the newsletter at all, so when I send it to the members some of them won't receive it either.

This already had happened to us a year ago which was really frustrating. We thought the problems would be solved by now.

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks!
Made
Made
Forumember

Female Posts : 180

Back to top Go down

Newsletters - HTML and reception problems Empty Re: Newsletters - HTML and reception problems

Post by averaj February 23rd 2010, 3:57 pm

what is this
averaj

Language : bulgaria

Back to top Go down

Newsletters - HTML and reception problems Empty Re: Newsletters - HTML and reception problems

Post by MrMario February 23rd 2010, 11:21 pm

1. Can I get the code of what you are using?

2. It could be that users didn't set the permissions up in their profiles to get the newsletters. Profile // Preferences // Allows Newsletter // Yes // Save
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Made February 25th 2010, 6:41 pm

I'm using regular html code as the one used to program any web page and the same kind I use for my forum's homepage which works really well. You can take a look at it here wordnerds.omgforum.net

Regarding the permissions, I'll let my members know they should check that preference in their profiles.

Thanks Very Happy
Made
Made
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Made February 25th 2010, 11:09 pm

Unfortunately, it seems the profile preferences are not the reason why many people don't receive the newsletter. I sent a test newsletter three times to our moderators (12 members) and there were 4 of them who didn't receive any copy. Sad
Made
Made
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario February 26th 2010, 3:09 am

Newsletters - HTML and reception problems Warnin11Please don't double post unless it’s been 24 hours from your last post.

Could be the email they have are blocking the messages or sending them in the junk or spam folders.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down