The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't set an user's and forum permission

2 posters

Go down

Can't set an user's and forum permission Empty Can't set an user's and forum permission

Post by lyndi June 3rd 2010, 7:16 am

I have this problem, I don't seem to be able to change the permission setting of an user or a forum or a forum's permission after multiple attempts including using another PC. I tried from the administration panel and also from the user's profile, just won't register at all. Would appreciate if someone can enlighten me? Thanks!
lyndi

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Can't set an user's and forum permission Empty Re: Can't set an user's and forum permission

Post by Darren1 June 3rd 2010, 7:24 am

Hello,

Is there an error being received?
Could you tell us exactly what your doing?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Can't set an user's and forum permission Empty Re: Can't set an user's and forum permission

Post by lyndi June 3rd 2010, 8:10 am

No error message received. I am trying to change a member's permission to enable him to see a forum not open to all members. I can't even change his user status to moderator or administrator. I ticked the boxes and clicked 'save' but it just divert me to another page and the new setting is cannot be registered.

Last edited by lyndi on June 4th 2010, 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
lyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 June 3rd 2010, 8:22 am

Can you try making him a special group and going to the forums permissions and allow that group to see that room - with him in it ofcause Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndi June 3rd 2010, 2:05 pm

Dear Darren

Thanks for your help!
My other Admin managed to do the changes but I am still having problems.
Everytime I click 'save', it will direct me to the Administration Panel's Home page and so i can't create any groups. I used firefox browser so I tried IE browser but it's worse, every click send me back to login page, I am just getting no where.
lyndi

Back to top Go down