The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem :how can i apply the rank for moderators

4 posters

Go down

Problem :how can i apply the rank for moderators Empty Problem :how can i apply the rank for moderators

Post by zedninja September 18th 2007, 2:38 am

i have seen in many forums thhat a moderator or a group member has a heading in his posts in the left saying he/she belons to this group and if he is a moderator it will say he is a moderator and if he is a member it will link as member how to do that can any one tell me this who has more experience please need help .i think this is known as ranking a member
zedninja
zedninja
Forumember

Male Posts : 42
Language : english

http://www.pokedox.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Problem :how can i apply the rank for moderators Empty Re: Problem :how can i apply the rank for moderators

Post by ilo September 20th 2007, 7:46 pm

Yes you can, go to:
Administrators Panel -> Users & Groups -> Ranks than click on the 'Add new rank' button.
If you have further questions after, feel free to ask. Smile
ilo
ilo
Forumember

Male Posts : 190
Language : english

http://alchemists.7forum.net

Back to top Go down

Problem :how can i apply the rank for moderators Empty Re: Problem :how can i apply the rank for moderators

Post by Atticus290 October 9th 2007, 6:17 am

i tried this and it doesn't show up as there being a new group

any suggestions?
Atticus290

Male Posts : 1
Language : English

http://www.dgspaintball.com/forum1

Back to top Go down

Post by CBP October 9th 2007, 9:09 am

Atticus290 wrote:i tried this and it doesn't show up as there being a new group

any suggestions?

This topic is asking about ranks, not status. If you would like to create a moderator group, you must go to Groups>Management>Create New Group. After you have finished filling out the required fields, save the information and the go to the permissions link for the group. From there you may select what that group can access and what it may moderate, if there are any at all. If you would like them to show on the legend, make sure you select a color for the group, check off the box asking if you would like to color the group members, and save. If the group does not appear on the legend, you need to go to Users & Groups>User Settings and select yes on Colorized Usernames Enabled.

Lastly, if you need to assign ranks, you need to create one and set it as a special rank. Then you must manually set the rank for each of your moderators through User Management.

Hope this helps.
CBP
CBP
Forumember

Male Posts : 129
Language : English

Back to top Go down