The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Litigations

3 posters

Go down

Litigations Empty Litigations

Post by TheListener June 17th 2010, 12:38 am

Hello Wink

A s***pid member that came over my forum for spamming reasons only sent a litigation regarding my forum.

How can I view/read it and how can I tell the juridical team what really happened?

Thanks Wink
TheListener
Forumember

Male Posts : 796

Back to top Go down

Litigations Empty Re: Litigations

Post by middo2 June 17th 2010, 1:09 am

Admin Panel--->Misc---->Support
middo2
middo2
Forumember

Language : English

http://newhorizons.englishboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TheListener June 17th 2010, 1:14 am

That only shows Abuses, not litigations.
TheListener
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk June 17th 2010, 1:52 am

you can not see reports going to litigation's only the report that are sent to you thorough your report abuse..

What ever was reported litigations will onstage and review.. if the feel it is nothing in violations then they will just move on.. or they can give you a warning and ask you to remove any threads or content.. if that is the case you will see it in you admin panel.. there will be a note but they rarely ever do that.. i can only think of that happening a couple times to a couple people in the past.

So other then that the only one would be to try to contact typlo about it.. but i would wait and see first.. it's it's a b/s report then you have nothing to worry about
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by TheListener June 17th 2010, 2:21 am

This is the first litigation I have ever gotten, that's why I'm a little worried. This is what happened.

A user that has been creating multiple accounts on my site is driving me crazy. He/She donated credits to my forum (200 to be exact) and then my co-admin made her a Gold Member (those who donate are part of this group).

After she became a part of it, she started breaking the rules and misrespecting staff. For example, we asked her to remove links that led to external sites from her signature and she refused.

Finally, today's afternoon I decided to remove her from that group, after breaking several rules. She got pissed and also started insulting me on the Chatbox. After that she said she would report us to Forumotion because, appereantely, we stole her money.

First of all, I don't have any controls on credits. If I could gave her money back I would because I don't need them and I don't want to get money from an asshole.
Secondly, we didn't force her to donate or whatever, she told us she would love to donate to the Forum.
Thirdly, I took this as some kind of bribing. She thought that, by donating, moderators wouldn't infract her.

That's what happened. Could my forum get in trouble because of this stupid person?
TheListener
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk June 17th 2010, 4:15 am

forget her just ban her... lol

No thats up to you. but hey a donation is a donation.you dint twist her arm to donate.

heres an example
i mean lets say i am mod here right (Iam lol)
Well i have forum with forumotion thats breaking tos. just because i am mod here dose not mean i can have a forum breaking tos.

Just like just because she donated dose not mean she is going to have special privileges and be able to go against your forum rules or any tos.

I would have just told her that you do not allow any links in the sig and to just remove it or she will get a warning etc for breaking your forums rules or however you wanted to handle it.

I would have said i thank you for donating and we appreciate it but i still can not allow members to go against our forums rules or any tos just because you donated. for one thats not fair to other members and two if it was some sort of violation then we could possibly lose our forum. so donation or no donation all forum rules are the same for all members to follow.

That's what i would have told her..

So i would not worry about it. if she went and sent litigation's a report saying she donated but you or your staff is not letting her do certain things etc... litigation would just move on.

But then again i do not know what the report is or so called actuations.
But i wouldn't go stressing about it.Plus you have your thread here explaining a lil . so if anything was to happen i or another staff member will just have to send this thread off to his office with any other information you may be able to provide.

\But befor we even go that route litigation's will have to recive the report first and evaluate the situations an or any other facts to her allegations of what she reported.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by TheListener June 17th 2010, 4:34 am

Thanks for your answer, kirk. As always you help me calm down after getting this annoying reports and abuses made for no reason.

I'll just wait until what the Law Team has to say. Thanks a lot man!
TheListener
Forumember

Back to top Go down